These are some notes to help you create successful PCB projects and also have fun on the way.
Please note that it is strongly advised that you don’t start off by trying to create an actual project.
Start by reading this and the linked documents.
Then create a dummy project, the sole purpose of which is to play with the tools and learn how to use them. Learning through play is a powerful technique and is not just for kids!
1) To save a lot of pain and confusion later, please take the time to read the:
2) and then before you start your Circuit Design please read:
2.2) How to design PCBs
(I am in the process of writing this detailed tutorial on how to create a schematic and then do a PCB design. It is a work-in-progress and will eventually make it onto the EasyEDA site but it is useful as it is right now and you can see the current draft at the above url.)
This will help you to find symbols and footprints and understand how to successfully create your own so that you and others can find them and be assured that they are correct.
3) If you wish to Simulate your design then you must also read the:
4) Then before you start doing your Schematic Capture, please take the time to read:
5) Do your schematic capture and then before you click on the Convert Project to PCB... button in the schematic editor to start your PCB Design please re-read the above link.
6) Do your PCB Design and then before you click on the Fabrication Output... button in the PCB editor and submit your PCB Order please read: