You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Every new PCB wire, results in the previous one being removed.
1128 13
shaneapowell 8 years ago
**BUG** Concise problem statement: Since the recent update to EasyEDA, a strange thing has started happening to my existing PCB project. Every time I add a new wire, the previously laid out wire disappears. I've tried many different sequences to see if I could find out a way around it. Oddly enough, this doesn't seem to be an issue with new PCBs. Only my existing ones. Sometimes, the wires don't visually disappear, but when closing and re-opening the PCB, they are indeed gone. I've tried these steps as attempted work-arounds. None worked. - Save after every wire. didn't help. - Save after every wire, close and re-open the PCB, didn't help. - Re-Save PCB project to a new file. didn't help. Steps to reproduce bug: 1. Open my existing PCB. 2. Add a new wire connect (happens to be bottom of PCB, but doesn't matter, top or bottom) Results: Previous wire disappears. Expected results: Wire should remain. Browser: Chrome & Firefox
Comments
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, I am so sorry what you are suffer. We have tested lots of our old projects, we can't find such problems, can you share your project to me private via https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/share.htm#AccessControl, my email is dillon@easyeda.com, after that , please post a message at here or email to me. Dillon
shaneapowell 8 years ago
Thanks for your offer to help Dillon. You're now added to my project. PCB4 and PCB5 is the latest one I've been trying to get to work. I hope you can find out. To reproduce, just open PDB5, add 2 wires, close and re-open the PDB, and only the last wire will remain. Cheers Shane.
dillon 8 years ago
I can reproduce, so we can fix it. Have a rest, will let you know when we fix.
shaneapowell 8 years ago
Excellent! Thanks again.
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, We have found the problem, your design use a bad character for prefix , which we not filter. Please give us 24 hours to kill this!
shaneapowell 8 years ago
Sounds good. Glad you tracked it down. That's what I get for being a newb at PCB design. :) Thanks guys.
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, Because your design is caused via some bad operations, we provided a script to fix your design. Please copy the bellow code and run this. Please follow the image steps. // start var source = api('getSource',{}); source = source.replace(/~~ *~ *COM~M/g,'~COM~M'); var nums = source.match(/\bgge\d+\b/g) || ['gge1']; nums = [].map.call(nums, function(e){return e.substr(3)}); var ggei = Math.max.apply(Math, nums); source = source.replace(/\bggeInfinity\b/g, function (s){ return 'gge'+(++ggei); }); api('applySource',{source: source, createNew: true}); //end Don't forget to backup your PCB5 ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20150701/5593c885a79bc.png
dillon 8 years ago
BTW, please set the grid size to 10mil when layout, or all your tracks are hardly to snap.
shaneapowell 8 years ago
Thanks for the script dillon, but unfortunately, it didn't seem to work. I applied it to PCB5, and it created a PCB file. I did a save-as to PCB6, and tried to add some new wires, but the same thing occurred.. it removed old ones. For a test, I tried doing a "import changes" from the schematic, and it just froze my web browser. I tried this both before, and after running the script. Is it just the "~" character that is causing the problems?
dillon 8 years ago
Yes, Just the `~` character. Not an EasyEDA bug, but we should fiter that. You may follow the steps. 1. open your PCB5 2. run the codes. 3. save it to PCB6 or other. 4. close the PCB6 ( you may skip), close it for clean the cache. 5. import change and enjoy. You would better to set the snap size to small , or it is hard to layout, big snap size just for place the components. If you don't like to the 1 ~ 5 steps, just check your `share with me' list, I clone a private project and do it for you and share it to U as private, you just need to save the PCB6 to your own project.
dillon 8 years ago
We may chat this in email, because no other users know what we are talk about, this is a problem in your project. :)
shaneapowell 8 years ago
Thanks for sharing your fix of my project Dillon. That seems to have done the trick. I re-saved your version to a new project. I don't know why, but the script you shared didn't seem to work on my project. You're shared version of my stuff seems to work perfectly though. I appreciate all your help. Looks like I'm back on track. Shane.
dillon 8 years ago
Nice ! Maybe you use the script in bad way. Hope you know EasyEDA provides API, you can hack your design In codes.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice