You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
PCB layout easier if [Create PCB] put part outlines in Schematic orientation
899 4
grogerson 6 years ago
**Feature Request** Brief title for your desired feature: Create PCB starting outline positions mimic Schematic layout How would you like the feature to work? When you do Create PCB, put the PCB part outlines in a similar layout and orientation as they appear on the Schematic. Why is this feature important to you? It is very tedious to start PCB layout with all the part outlines (and ratlines) together in a small area. First you put all the parts in position for the Schematic, then you have to do it all again in the PCB layout. If the PCB part outlines started in approximately the same relative positions and orientations as the Schematic parts, it would be much faster to find and easier to position them to create the final PCB layout.
Comments
Tutorials 6 years ago
hi,we provide a tool name "Cross probe and place",ctrl + shift + X , you can use it when you converted to PCB. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20171225/5a407845ecb68.png
andyfierman 6 years ago
I think this request is about making it easier to place packages on the PCB rather than finding packages to then place them or to locate them after placing. Grogerson's idea is to place the packages onto the initial PCB layout in roughly the same positions that they are in the schematic. Then it is easier to place the parts because they are already near where they should be in the final layout. I can see why this seems like a good idea but there is often little relationship between where symbols are placed in a schematic in order to make it easy to read compared to where parts are placed on a PCB to meet the requirements of things like cooling and heatsinking and connector, pot and switch locations. In my experience, although this feature seems like a good idea, it is of limited practical use.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@andyfierman yes, I know that, we have thought about this , because we didn't find a good way to place the footprint closely when converting to PCB, you can try the "cross probe and place" you will find , the clearance of the package and package is too large. so we didn't support that now. when we have time we will try to improve that.
andyfierman 6 years ago
Yes, `Cross Probe and Place` makes finding and placing parts much faster. I think it may actually be faster than auto-placing packages on **Convert to PCB** because many of the auto-placed packages will be in the wrong positions so they will still have to be located and moved anyway. There will also be DRC errors to find and correct.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice