You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
"My Parts"- Could you please revert back tot he old configuration?
1340 11
koosjr 7 years ago
So far, I could only see improvements in the new versions of EasyEDA and from my point of view it works better every time with an update. Accept for now. For some reason the "My Parts" function is now changed to a pop-up screen. I am rather puzzled why you would think it is an improvement on how it worked before, since the previous configuration worked really great when it was all in the sidebar. This feature made it more clumsy as I now cannot click on a few parts that I want to edit. It has to be done one at a time and each time the pop up closes. Could you please change that back to the old config? The only think I would add to the old config, is to have the parts sorted alphabetically.
Comments
dillon 7 years ago
Why we need to use this way. 1. Some users compoents are more than 4K, it is long to load the list. 2. Lots users need to use tags to categories their components. 3. Lots of users can't find the compoents, we use all of the these in the same place. 4. We can render the compoents with the Package at the same time. 5. will show buy information, in this way, you can find the price of the compoents later. I know it is hard, We are sure we think a lot of these. There are tips: 1. If you use a big screen computer, you can move the dialog to the edge, then you can place the compoents one by one, you don't need to close the dialog, click the compoents, then move the mouser to the canvas, your parts will be placed. 2. Use hotkey SHIFT+F to open the diaglog. 3. Double click will place the compoents. Let me know your comments. Thanks
koosjr 7 years ago
I will give it a go, but the dialog still closes when for example one needs to update multiple packages.
dillon 7 years ago
Upadte package dialog will be open automatic, maybe I can't understand your question, any images will be OK
koosjr 7 years ago
I for example do not use the standard R3 resistor package as I find it one pitch too narrow, so I created my own. If I put 10 resistors on the boards, with the old config I could just click on a resistor and double click the package and it would update. Now, I have to click on the component, then the package and then select from the dialog box. As soon as the package is updated, the dialog box closes. Further more, the dialog box cannot be resized, so it is a huge space hog.
dillon 7 years ago
We will provide a new package update flow, a table, maybe can make it easier and faster. If you updated the resitors package, we will remember it next time, when you place the package, we will keep the package. not R3 What is your screen size? In designers's screen, the dailog is good.
rodyne 7 years ago
Hi Guys I think I understand koosjrs problem, it is because the dialog box is modal and must click "update package" to update the package, but this also closes the search form, where previously it did not so it adds an additional mouse-click per update. And as he mentions the search form takes up nearly a quarter of a (full HD) screen and so you may need to pan your components in to view more often. Changing a lot of packages would be more annoying using the new method, however I think this improvement to the component selection dialog is required and this new method is a little better for searching so I wouldnt want to revert especially if you could make it into a proper parametric search (so I could for example only see SMD resistors from seeed studio)
dillon 7 years ago
In https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/new-v-3.10.htm, we noted that `AXIAL doctype:pcb` so you can use `R0603` And we can choose the package. Our users make a lot mistake for the packages, we spent lots of time in this version, 1. We try to create the compoents with Package in EasyEDA section. 2. Good for the user to manage their compoents(tags) 3. Some uses's compoents are more than 4000, it is hard to use the old way. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20161018/58058e7bd27d4.png
dillon 7 years ago
@Rodyne to check the above comment Thanks
rodyne 7 years ago
Hi Dillon I have tried some variations on the search to get for example 0805 resistors from seeed I tried "0805 seeed" "R0805 seeed" "Package:0805 supplier:seeed" etc Even if I just search for "Seeed" I only get 25 results What is the correct format to do this search? cheers Boz PS I use seeed as example as you have listed as assembly supplier and it would be good if I could just pick their components for board to assemble
dillon 7 years ago
@Rodyne Try to use EasyEDA compoents. We will provide a large compoents. Next package, we will provide a new way soon. Hope provide some suggestion. Next version, will let the users to change the package in batch and find it easy. Maybe in 7 week in beta, 10 days release. Thanks ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20161019/58071abfc5795.png
rodyne 7 years ago
OK, will try this on my next project.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice