An open source hardware and software 28C64 EEPROM programmer, using the ATmega328 microcontroller. The goal of this project is to design and build an easy to use, single board programmer for 28C64 EEPROMs that could just be plugged in to a computer using a regular USB cable.
A FTDI breakout (based around a CH340) with galvanic isolation between the MCU and computer sides with an ADuM1401. It features:
- Galvanic isolation (2.5kV RMS for 1 minute)
- Cheap CH340 chip
- USB C for computer connection
- Stranded FTDI breakout pinout (can be used as programmer)
- Can be made on single sided board at home (with 2 jumpers)
- USB input protection (polyfuse)
- Small 43.6x15.2mm...
Project to help writing and reading contents of a particular EEPROM (AT28C64B).
Used Flip-Flops instead of shift registers because that's what I had at the moment.
Bonus LED to make it look more cool (wired to OE of EEPROM).
Example Arduino source code included (can clear memory or dump memory contents).