You are free to use EasyEDA for individuals, business and education.
Set your project as Private. For extra security you can even save your work locally.
EasyEDA can be run as an offline application.
There are no absolutely secure things in the world but even if you have the misfortune - as happened to one of our team - of losing one laptop and having two hard drives break,
EasyEDA will try to protect your designs in following ways:
- We utilize SSL throughout the entire domain EasyEDA.com. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology encrypts all data transferred between your computer and our servers. Your data is for your eyes only.
- You can save your files locally.
- Multiple copies of every file are saved in your local database.
- EasyEDA servers backup your designs frequently.
We promise to do our best to ensure that neither of these things will happen; we have spent so much of our time to get to this point. We promise that if we cannot make enough money out of EasyEDA to keep it alive or to fund further development, we will not simply abandon our baby or our community but we will consider donating the code to the Open Source Community to let them build on our efforts. There are no companies who can stay forever, so if a time comes when we have to close down, we will follow the steps below:
- Give our users six months warning prior to closure;
- Ensure all our users can backup their designs;
- Ensure that user's designs can be exported to some other EDA tools, such as Kicad, Altium Designer and others.
- Package our codes, so that users can install an EasyEDA in their own OS (Windows, Linux, Mac). Users can then build their own cloud EDA.
- Upload our codes to github.com and make them open source.
So, nothing will be lost and our users can continue to enjoy an awesome web based EDA tool that lets them stay in charge of their designs: anywhere, anytime and on any OS.