You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
ABOUT THE NEW EU VAT REGULATIONS
1805 6
redjack 2 years ago
Hello everyone, Since 1th July as you may already know, EU has applied new VAT rules which affect to importations from china. I wanted to know how it affected to you as a hobbyst, because I don't have any VAT registration and I don't know how to clear customs myself or anything like that. I've read that if you don't clear your own customs,the carrier will apply a fixed fee aproximately of 20e + the VAT of the order, which I don't mind to pay, but that fixed fee is too much honestly... Does anyone had any experience with it? I'm holding some LCSC purchases because all of this, I don't mind to pay the VAT, but if every package that arrives at my house cost already 20e fixed fee, it would destroy the purpose of buying at good prices from china... I've always chosen air registered mail which is the slowest, but always arrived in two weeks aprox to europe.
Comments
Jaga 2 years ago
I just received a $5 parcel and paid $3 fee. Live in Poland. Not much sense. :(
redjack 2 years ago
@alexeyjaga Which shipping did you choose? I just see they removed  the classic cheaper Royal Mail International one and now there is no "cheaper" option. I'm kinda in the fence right now, I've sent a few emails to them and they respond they are working on it but still not solved. I hope they manage their own VAT so we can make orders without paying pricy fees, in my case, not lcsc but another store, I had to pay $20 for each package, not worth it that way...
Jaga 2 years ago
Actually I was referring to another service where I was ordering goods, but I received my last LCSC order couple of months before without any issues, and it will be not the case anymore. I also hope they will be able to manage these new VAT regulations (which is ridiculous).
Jaga 2 years ago
BTW, looks like LCSC has prepared for shipping to Europe, I can see VAT included in the price. Not sure about the UK though.
redjack 2 years ago
I don't see anything special yet, only the shipping methods have changed a little, now there's not registered mail, and there is a Royal Mail that I didn't see before. There's no indication of VAT application in the checkout process, and the price seems to be the same as the non EU VAT zones. I don't mind to pay VAT and some fees, but I don't want 20 euro surprises everytime I receive a package...
Jaga 2 years ago
Unfortunately I was wrong about LCSC. That was JLCPCB who has prepared. Hope that LCSC will join soon.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice