You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
An update to EasyEDA’s pricing plans
27924 117
wuqimei 4 years ago
We are writing to let you know about an update that we are going to start EasyEDA‘s pricing plans. The free plan will be retained to use as normal. We’re making the changes because over the last 10 years, as a nonprofit tool, we’ve insisted to build EasyEDA to a powerful PCB design tool and continuously improved the user experience. And we want to do something more. To make our users having a high speed and very smoothly experience with EasyEDA. We need a more powerful team so more excellent engineers is joining in us. But only with your help, we can make this come true earlier. We are looking for suggestions on pricing. Which features you consider it should be added to the pay plan? Or which features need an improvement so it can be considered as fee-based? We’d love to have your expected pricing plan for our reference.
Comments
andyfierman 4 years ago
To start the discussion, here are some ideas for things that could be charged for without impacting on the existing free services and features that EasyEDA already offers: 1. Schematic Design Reviews (formal design review of a customer's EasyEDA Schematic design to a customer's Design Requirements Specification); 2. Schematic Design Services (circuit design, schematic, BoM creation and Circuit Description to a customer's Design Requirements Specification); 3. PCB Design Reviews (formal design review of a customer's EasyEDA PCB layout to a customer's Design Requirements Specification); 4. PCB Design Services (PCB design and layout to a customer's Design Requirements Specification from an existing EasyEDA Schematic supplied by the customer or EasyEDA Schematic Design Services); 5. Custom simulation model building services (where models for devices or functional blocks are not available);  6. Access to advanced simulation models (for example, linearised models for switch mode supply design); 7. Design Simulation Services (simulating a design leading to the creation of a Schematic or from an existing EasyEDA Schematic supplied by the customer or EasyEDA Schematic Design Services; 8. Custom Schematic Symbol creation; 9. Custom PCB Footprint creation.
MikeDB 4 years ago
I think some ways to charge which aren't service based like Andy's suggestions and also seem fair to me are : a)  Generation of all the data (Export Pick & Place, etc) for getting PCBs loaded as this is a new feature to EasyEDA and the few people who've done it so far can count as beta testing. b) Leave the existing auto-router as is - it's rubbish anyway - and charge for developing a new one that actually works. c) Produce an encrypted Gerber for JLCPCB use only.    If you want unencrypted ones to take elsewhere this is chargeable. d) Automatic updating of net names when I change a component identifier.  This isn't an issue for hobbyists but I can't give designs to my customers with a U1, U2, U4 & U5 but with U3 missing.  Currently renumbering the ICs and nets takes a huge amount of manual effort I'd happily pay for being done automatically. e) Create a way of placing modules on a design that actually works - both on schematic and PCB.  But if paying for this, JLCPCB must not add their random $8 surcharge. f) And finally a possibly controversial one - charge for the software to produce 4 layers or more.  I don't think many hobbyists produce 4 layer or more boards, though maybe I'm wrong.
MikeDB 4 years ago
I think the other thing to consider is that EasyEDA is currently placed as an easier entry point than the more advanced KiCad.  If you start both charging and adding features you'll become as complex as KiCad and everybody may as well then switch to KiCad which is better proven and debugged.   Might it be better to just stay as you are and just fix the bugs ?  There must be several years worth outstanding already which need fixing long before considering adding new features.
MiniMax 4 years ago
Please do not cripple existing features on the free version. Even I agree with Mike that most hobbyists would not produce 4 layers or more boards, this limitation would surely make me think of moving to KiCad or others. Also limitations of area or max number of pads are terrible for me. I like the idea that the free version is tighter bundled to JLCPCB and a payed version can produce gerber files for other manufacturers.
JFK422 4 years ago
Some of my ideas include: ### Advanced BOM-Tool Advancing the BOM-Tool. Its already vaguely connected with LCSC but needs to become way more solid. Would bring a lot more customes in if you could just create a solid BOM with LCSC and in the end make a "one click order" where you can order you PCB's together with the components. Paid version could include making and or exporting BOM's for other sellers too. ### Single Person Private Projects Its something similar to what github was doing until a while ago. Only one person can work on a non public project. It encourages more open source work and those who will likely pay for collaboration on private projects will mostly be the ones who plan on selling the PCB's of their project anyway. ### Better Component Naming Essentially what @MikeDB said under point d.
cjohnson 4 years ago
**Schematic Customer Logo:** Paid customers can set a company logo, so that when new schematics are created the logo is automatically used instead of the EasyEDA logo **Automatic Page Numbering:** When creating schematics that are in the high page count, the page numbers should be automatically incremented, this should be in all versions **In-House Part Number:** Paid customers can set a field that is automatically included in the BOM that includes their in-house part numbers. Right now we have to manually enter it in each new part, check the "include in BOM." This part number will also show up in the pick and place files (VERY important). Right now we have to cross reference all parts in our pick and place file to shorten the amount of time it takes to setup our machines. **Private Parts:** Parts created with paid user accounts as "private" do not show up in the user-contributed part search.
cjohnson 4 years ago
@MikeDB one issue with limiting the download of Gerbers, is it goes against a statement on the FAQ of the pricing plans page. Not sure if they are comfortable going against that or not. [https://easyeda.com/page/pricing](https://easyeda.com/page/pricing)
JonGordon 4 years ago
If you are going to charge for this software, I must have the ability to default to local storage, instead of everything being stored on your servers. (Yes I know you can save locally... I mean you should be able to set it to default to local storage without any files ever being transferred to them.
medvídek Krupička 4 years ago
I would pay for using a good fully configurable topological autorouter.
edcasati 4 years ago
a) Add priority access to autorouter with paid membership. It's frustrating to have it time out with busy message. b) Local storage benefit should be paid. c) Stand-alone / offline version? (Tornado killed Internet locally for days)
modlfo 4 years ago
+ Plus one for local storing when using the desktop app. I would like to always have a local copy of my projects. + Add more privacy options (private parts, footprints etc)
Marc Labranche 4 years ago
I love easy EDA, a constant concern is how long this will be available for. I'd pay a reasonable subscription fee just to give this thing a better chance of sticking around. Bonus if it also makes for way more convenient local storage and possibly even in a format that is compatible with some other tool that has some longevity to it. that would remove all my concerns with using this tool long term. Also, better revision control would be nice. I'd love to just tag versions as i'm going along and be able to go back and forth, branch versions whatnot.
marcineasyeda 4 years ago
In my opinion it should be something like **1-2**$ per month .... If you put more than that **people will go to KiCAD or something else.**
peut 4 years ago
I would happily pay a few dollars a month just to support further development, e.g. an even better auotrouter. Professional services should of course be charged for this could be an opportunity for you to consider. I defintely disagree going the way of Easy-Eda only on JLCPCB only file formats.
tiger54 4 years ago
I begun to use EasyEda some months ago (years?). After I saw how cheap it is to build a PCB. But I am on the free plan, and will stay there, since I just use easyeda for some simple personal projects (maybe 1 project every 2 years). So pay each month if I use Easy Eda only 5-6 days every year would not be an option to me. I know that a plan is always a nice feature for you, since you get the money without ask them always. But maybe you can add some options like "make gerber downloadable" for a single project asking something to enable this feature for a project. So, if I create a project (maybe next year) and want download the gerber, I can pay maybe 1$ and will be able to download it. I like EasyEda because it is simple to use (like Arduino on the microprocessor world). I am sure that JLCPCB and LCSC are getting a lot of requests just thanks to EasyEda. **I will continue to use the free version, until you will offer it. And I will continue to order on JLCPCB and LCSC to support you.**
egzola 4 years ago
$2 per month, but  with a refund if I order some PCBs with you.  Or it gives a discount on PCB order. Both options is ok for me... whatever...
Andrew Young 4 years ago
1. I second **Single Person Private Projects** as suggested by @JFK422 2. As a hobbyist who designs about one PCB a month, I would be happy to pay $1-2 per month for extra features or private projects 3. That said, I second **PCB order discounts** as suggested by @egzola.  For example, a $2 pay tier could include a $2 coupon each month that you could use at JLC or LCSC.  That would encourage users to order through JLC, and to order more often. I'm not sure if this is worthwhile for a business tier, but it makes a lot of sense for a hobbyist. > c) Produce an encrypted Gerber for JLCPCB use only.    If you want unencrypted ones to take elsewhere this is chargeable. Please do not do this.
dlswenson 4 years ago
Keep it free and people will keep using it and buying PCBs and parts.
mtiutiu 4 years ago
I also agree with @dlswenson. More than that if EasyEDA will switch to using closed source/proprietary format when exporting schematic/pcb designs or when doing gerber stuff so that I get locked into this system then for sure I will abandon this project in favor of other free tools. Not trying to be harsh or rude here and I do understand that development needs money and time to create great products (like EasyEDA has become so far) but for a simple hobbyist like me..well I like it free and simple. I really like this ecosystem where you can find everything in one place - this is very powerful!. Not to mention that JLCPCB & LCSC combination and prices is just - wow!. This is one of the main reasons also I'm using and staying with your solution. And yes, I am a KiCAD fan also and KiCAD doesn't have this part. So I switched from KiCAD for now only for this powerful ecosystem. Keep up the great work! You rock so far.
chris213 4 years ago
As far as I see it this software is just a service you give to the customers of JLCPCB and LCSC. If you start charging for this software people will eventually move away from both. To be honest this software is inferior is quite a lot of ways and I personally only use it for small quick prototypes that I already know I want to get assembled quickly. KiCAD is always installed on my pc so if you do it wrong people will leave. Not only EasyEDA but also JLCPCB and LCSC. At least that is my point of view.
FrankCA 4 years ago
+1 to chris213.  EasyEDA is not a product, it is a service. It should always remain as a free software service to bring customers to LCSC and JLCPCB - do not deviate from that goal. Being free you can excuse some of the poorly executed and missing features as you have been doing anyway. Making EasyEDA paid-for will drastically increase the demands from users for new and improved features - failure to deliver will drive them away from all your revenue-generating channels. If you need extra income to pay for EasyEDA development, marginally increase the price of components and/or pcbs. The per-unit increases should be small enough to be tolerated by most users.
eskelsen 4 years ago
EasyEDA's great appeal to me is its component library, both user-created components and the LCSC integrated library. This brings me tremendous productivity and discourages me from using other software again. Using the LCSC component library is already halfway to buying components at LCSC instead of elsewhere. After all, I already have the product code, I already know the price and availability. Sometimes I even change the component to use one that LCSC has. More recently I started to force the use of components that JLCPCB has available for SMT. I believe that is the value of software for the company. You have a unique product, no competitor of yours has anything similar. It may be worth the group pumping some money into software development.
Derrihj 4 years ago
Please make it an offline software with a .exe file before pricing it just like eagle and the others and then we just buy it as an offline software instead of using it online.
andyfierman 4 years ago
@Derrihj, Do you mean so that to use EasyEDA online is free but you have to buy pay for the offline desktop client?
kotoulas 4 years ago
Easyeda is a great tool for the amateur. It will be very unfortunate if we have to pay to use it. Most people will have no reason to use it and will go to other programs. I design my own committees almost every month. My point is that it should be released and simply. Τhat money and fishing  is taken from the materials and boards.
ban.relayer 4 years ago
I'm use EasyEDA sometime for my hobby. It's ok, but only for hobby and free.Because: 1\. You havent really offline version\. I can't work if I haven't internet\. At the same time\, your server mainly deals only with the fact that it stores project files\. My local drive can handle this no worse than your server\. 2\. Software isn't stable\. Each next version add some features and bugs\. And I can't back to previous version\. For hobby this is not very important\, but for business usage this isn't acceptable\!\!\! 3\. Autorouter is poor\. Really poor
chomik 4 years ago
Hi. 1\. You can limit free/paid baised on the board size 2\. You can leave the tool free but add some extra cents per pcb when the pcb is ordered\, so the tool get's supported that way 3\. You can charge per use of this tool \(for example there is a free counter of 50 hours per month\, over that\, the access to the tool is limited\.
tobalt 4 years ago
easyeda is unique among the eda tools due to its browser based runtime, the close embedding with community and with lcsc/jlcpcb. if you go into regular pricing plans like other eda tools, you become more like other tools and you give up some of the uniqueness. and to be honest to EDA tool itself is not yet up to the level of maturity that you see in other tools. if you introduce plans a big portion of users will migrate to kicad and realise that parts can also come cheaply from digikey and mouser and that pcbs can also come cheaply from pcbgogo. No! instead of these regular pricing plans you should take the unique features of easyeda to your advantage and not try to become like the 5th iteration of \
Henrik Larsen 4 years ago
May I suggest to look at what separate professional users from hobbyists. I'm work both as an professional and as a hobbyist, and can start with my inputs: **Professionals****do****need**: * Autorouter that works * Support that works, ie. immediate support. Optionally remote desktop support on the current problem (extra cost/ticket). * Controlled updates to the software. Possible to do rollback to previous versions is a must. * High quality (verified) library - component and footprint. * Possibility to create new schematic components and footprints, and have them verified. * Offline option. * Autorouting (shuffling) as you pull tracks or footprints. Really need this. * Better schematic to PCB update control (i.e. auto remove obsolete tracks) **Hobbyists****dont****need** \- to work and create nice PCB's\. * Immediate support - forum is fine. * Control over software versions. * Autorouter - can be limited or not available. * Offline option. * Shuffling. * advanced PCB update. These differences are more in the surrounding eco system of the software, and not in the software in itself.
boyanov 4 years ago
My suggestion: keep the pricing **simple**: * **free** and fully functional for all my open source projects * for private projects - **paid** membership. (maybe 1 free private project) This is a business model that has been tested over by others the years and apparently works.
zhongwangwang007 4 years ago
i would treat easyeda as **electronics pcb “github”**, thus similarly it shoul be free for all public project. the paid membership for private project.
nuge61 4 years ago
I've read through the various suggestions and most are IMHO too complex and arbitrary, with an occasional dash of self-interest.  It's not about who uses what features, it's about making sure the project survives and develops.  Having more power that more people can use mean more people will use it and not stray. Hobbyists still want to use very advanced features and can design very complex circuits and large boards.  There's no reason to limit their features or force them to a high plan just because they need some capability. The solution is simple - just treat it like a prepaid mobile or internet plan. I make a payment to use the system, usage deducts from the payment, I topup as necessary.  That way I can pay $50 up front and use it whenever I like until that $50 is gone.  As features are added they are included for all, no restrictions required.  Bigger payments get increasingly more 'value', maybe with an 'unlimited/monthly' plan for heavy users/groups. Support incidents and type included increase with your spend and you can buy more regardless of your level.  Unused support incident 'rolls over' to the next payment. My initial thoughts are when a pcb is exported for manufacture it is locked then billed based on  eg. the number of primitives in the PCB design - pads, nets etc.  You can subsequently unlock it, this becomes a revision that's kept forever and the edit/export/lock/bill cycle restarts - based on the difference in the design.  You have endless use and access, you pay for what you produce, you can always go back to a prior revision and export again at no further cost.  A small revision doesn't cost the earth as it's only a difference charge. If you want to have a Free plan to allow trial use etc then when the design is ready to export either limit the design and/or tell them how much it'll cost to export their (bigger) design. Yes it can be scammed - one could heavily revise an existing design but keep a similar size.  However revisions are kept forever, they'd get found out and banned.  For the sake of a few dollars?? Every design should be private that you can the share.  Even a small design has copyright implications that are better left unexplored and a brilliant idea still belongs to it's creator.
saintpine 4 years ago
I can understand that no one can survive giving free services. But I think it's thanks to EasyEDA being free that JLCPCB is making good business. I don't like monthly fees, because I already pay monthly Autocad LT, Eagle, both of which I use occasionally. I think a good solution could be as someone suggested, a fee to convert to a format outside of easyEDA, a low priced fee to convert for JLCPCB. and free to print (for home made PCB). JLCPCB's prices are so good that there is no competition, I've given up making me own pcb's (CNC and Fotoresist methods), it's simply easier to wait for JLCPCB to deliver (average 10 - 15 days to my country Italy).
ChLachapelle 4 years ago
The strength and _differentiator_ of the EasyEDA is to be able to order PCBs with SMT assembly directly through the EayEDA software, otherwise KiCad already has the upper hand in terms of free software. I believe that in this regard, the improvement that EasyEda really needs relates to the library search function for "JLCPCB Assembled" components. Current shortfalls include the ability to search by LCSC Part Number (does not always work), having more key components parameters visible through the search window (e.g. resistor power rating) etc. A quick fix could be to have a JLCPCB Assembled search criteria added to the LCSC Smart Filtering within the component search platform combined with consistent ability to search by LCSC part number within the EasyEDA library search.
dillon 4 years ago
There is a problem, More than 60% users design with EasyEDA, no any orders from LCSC and JLCPCB.  We are sure will keep the tool be free , Just hope some one can suport the tool in some ways.
ban.relayer 4 years ago
Note that some users make design in EasyEDA for custom process PCB (fotoresist, laser print etc). Some users use EasyEDA for playing and education, not for make really PCB. Some peoples make gerber and buy PCB in other vendors. Why? May be because shipping cost sometime is high. May be for other reason - I don't known. In any case 40% orders - it's good result, I think, for product without support and with some bugs. PS If you havent time for support it why not a make it opensource? :)
Kimmo Lehto 4 years ago
The only reasons I haven't moved to some other tools that I presume are more advanced at their current state are: 1) The ease of LCSC + JLCPCB integration 2) Saving to cloud. Though, this is a bit controversial since easyeda could very well go bankrupt any day if investors decide to stop funding (this just happened at my previous job) or something like that and suddenly all my designs would disappear into thin air. So I agree with some of the previous commenters: keep usage free when using JLCPCB and require a paid account to export layouts / gerbers. If you're going to add some paid services like layout review, I don't mind, but I will not be using those services.
mchahn 4 years ago
@kimmo.lehto  --  I agree with you 100%.  It is simple to explain and maximizes income without alienating customers.
Bassman_1980 4 years ago
i like EasyEDA as it is, so no i don't prefer paying for the use of it because i like it the way it is, thanks!
bob123 4 years ago
EasyEDA strength is close integration with successful part distributor and pcb maker and the only reason I started using it. There's also untapped potential of this online tool which is an integrated marketplace.  Marketplace where customers can order designs, trade designs, or purchase existing.  Create something like EasyEbucks to make transactions easier (I think most, if not all, licenses allow for reasonable distribution fees).  You would take a cut from marketplace transactions and such development would increase number of paying LCSC and JLCPCB customers and in turn profits.
dreAn 4 years ago
There are several good suggestions here, but first thing first: The offline-cleient is one very important feature, to provide a feeling of safety for corporate as well as hobby users. The Linux client has been defunct for a very long time now, you should put some priority on fixing it, after all - it fulfills both the "multiplatform" , and the "safety" requirements.
easypeasy 4 years ago
> Produce an encrypted Gerber for JLCPCB use only.    If you want unencrypted ones to take elsewhere this is chargeable. Please do \*not\* charge to download our data\. I'm hardly a big user of EDA software\, but I would never even remotely consider using an EDA which made me pay to escape from vendor lock\-in\. There are so many great ideas in this thread which professionals would love to have and would grow your community\. This is the exact opposite\, and it risks demonstrating to the community a callous disregard for the long\-term accessibility of their work\. EasyEDA does \*not\* want that reputation\. I would encourage EasyEDA to make a statement that it will \*never\* charge for gerbers\.
f33net 4 years ago
Dear Chinese comrades and all friends, greetings from Russia! I wish you a speedy solution to the epidemic, health and prosperity. You have made a wonderful package for developers that allows you to create circuits, order components and PCB in one tool. This is your big advantage along with attractive prices. Indeed, it is very convenient not to accumulate a lot of datasheets, does not care about footprints. All information about the components in the circuit is always available on the circuit itself. It is convenient to select components, seeing their availability in stock and price. It is very convenient - you saved developers from an unpleasant routine, allowing them to engage in creativity, rather than primitive drawing of cases and binding of conclusions. Thank you for that! I have already made 4 commercial products in your system, ordered components and PCB. I chose only those components that are presents on the LCSC. I was looking for a replacement components in LCSC that I had previously selected for Mouser and Farnell.You decided for me the issue of supply and production of PCB - two clicks and I have boards and components. But, in fairness, I note that EasyEDA is far from an imperfect system. Automatic tracing is generally inapplicable and inoperable more than for children's toys. Other systems are much more advanced. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Chinese-only datasets on LCSC. If your system becomes paid, you will lose a lot of customers - I think so. Personally, I see EasyEDA as a service for convenient ordering of components and PCB from you - just like the search system on your site, for example. It will probably be clear to users if BOM and Gerber generation becomes paid when you do not have it, when writing to disk for other productions. But please find the option to keep EasyEDA free as a fully functional service for orders from you. It is very friendly and makes you a good authority.
a monthly subscription to use advanced tools eg. + a larger range of import  board file types .dip .lay .prot etc. + ability to export a range of file types that are natively compatible with other pcb programs +ability to import gerbers ,pick and place ,bom etc. \+\#\*import scans of pcbs as \.jpeg gif png etc\. and set them as backgrounds to trace over and copy easily just like sprint layout 6 does\#\* \(highest priority \) +click on a trace and it highlights all conections on said trace with estimated current flow
novobranets2 4 years ago
In my opinion such function, that attract most of people should stay free. It's pays for itself by increasing popularity of the service. Paid functions should be targeting for business implementation such as private libraries for companies, that cannot be used by any other people. Also, it's ok to make pay-to use some professional features, that using much resources.
shabuz hossen 4 years ago
easyeda softwer need to add CAD Support...and Try to look better 3D viewer
Greg Lorincz 4 years ago
I fell in love with EasyEDA but I would definitely not pay for it. The reason being, it just doesn't have enough parts and libraries. Yesterday I spent an hour drawing a schematic symbol that eventually I could not use. User contributed libraries are not consistent and are often bad quality. LCSC parts are OK but their symbols sometimes are useless. Add good libraries and I may consider paying for it.
Corum10 4 years ago
I was of the understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that EasyEDA, LCSC and JLPCB are one and the same. I already spend a fortune on PCB manufacture and if a charging system comes into play it would make more sense to go with PCB (free) to Manufacturer in my home country as it will end up cheaper in the long run.
Neil Parris 4 years ago
@dillon  Dillon wrote: There is a problem, More than 60% users design with EasyEDA, no any orders from LCSC and JLCPCB.  We are sure will keep the tool be free , Just hope some one can suport the tool in some ways. 40% conversion to LCSC and JLCPCB is higher than I expected and a good result I think.  I've found recently the integration is getting better all the time with automatic 3D models for LCSC parts and good footprints etc. Keep up the good work and as more people realise these benefits you'll see more users. The integration with JLCPCB SMT services is great too!
cdavies2020 4 years ago
I'm in the US, and I like the tool and don't mind paying so that you guys can keep going. 1\. Add a donate button \- why not\. 2\. When I order boards\, I see the prices are very low\. Since you provide a lot of value when ordering the PCBs\, I would not mind a $20 one\-time charge when I order the boards\. 3\. Some online companies ask "Are you commerical/business" and charge more\. Sure some might lie\. But many will not\, and you can charge at that time\. $10/$20/$40\. 4\. Make paying super easy with paypal\, amazon\, and not just visa\.
Muhomorchick 4 years ago
Make autoplacer!!!
izhadapter 4 years ago
Pretty funny. There is nothing free in my opinion. All paid by sellers and manufacturers. EasyEDA is a tool with which users make money for manufacturers and sellers. It would be funny if they also started to pay for it.   In addition, today I added 200 elements of the same (1 resistor and 1 LED, just multiplying them) And the whole system began to slow down terribly, the JAVA machine just didn’t fix on my processor I7-3740qm + 32GB RAM + fast SSD drive
Stefflus 3 years ago
@dillon I'll agree with Neil Parris over here, but I'd also like to add that for prototyping the separate shipping from LCSC and JLCPCB is prohibitive. If you could coordinate locally and ship the parts with the PCBs I think you would see an increase in business.
jack9999 3 years ago
A reasonable fee is fine, easyeda is a great tool Along the way, I have found 2 features that are missing : \- the possibility to use jumpers in schematics \("wire in the air" between 2 components\) \- have a more flexible way to manage our files\, maybe by adding new fields in the projects metadata  :     - when a projects requires 2 PCBs, I need to create 2 projects. A bit cumbersome but ok. At least I'd like to have these 2 projects grouped in some way, with a "tag" or something     - not all project are at the same lifecycle level : some are old, in progress, "dummy", "trials", etc. Use of tag would be good for that as well, or a special field called "status"
Im very pleased with Easyeda as it is. The autorouter could be better. We fully understand about the cost, and would not mind paying. Unfortunately a monthly fee would not work for us. Paying a fee along with the PCB order would ok.
industral 3 years ago
Keep it free, but change for features. That will be fear enought. You'll be able to gather a lot of users into your system. You have behefits upon other, since you works on any OS, since it's browser based. But I'd focus on: 1\. fixing small annoying bugs 2\. work on better UI/UX I don't see a reason to add more features currently, just make cleanup of what you have right now. It's a good project, but very raw. It's more pleasent to work with stable, solid product then unstable, glitching but with lots features. Also regarding prices. I think most users will be $3-$5 per month with no doubt, and I guess most of them will choose it just to support you and have some extra USEFUL features. Another price plans - up to you. Thank you for a great product and wish you all the best!
Hendrik Pas 3 years ago
At the moment the program must  be payed for, a lot of the hobbyist will leave. No more PCB's will be orderd, no more components to sell. No more benefits for You all. Because they go look for beter progams that are free to use. Now You have a lot of developers with great ideas. and will lose most of them. 1\. Solve frist all problem in the program\. 2\. Make the program compleet schematic\, PCB's\, 3D\, Gerber\, DFX\, BOM ect\. 3 If compleet and proper working then start with to implement the ask requested from the users. 4\. Everyone a stand alone copy so we can store on one harddrive\. 5\. Make a accepteble prijs $3  a month\. More then 6000  have read Your intentions \(6000\+ times $3 makes more then $18\,000\.00 a month\. 6.  Get good employes who know wath to do real in electronics. 7\. Think als on HAM Radio users with older parts to use\. make not all SMD\. My excusses for my bad angles.
juledude 3 years ago
@andyfierman All these suggestions seem reasonable. Being a simple person, I'd be comfortable with the US$35 to US$40 a year. I do appreciate the utility of the product. And I very much appreciate the work that has been put into it.
Hendrik Pas 3 years ago
@juledude  I agree. It is a very nice program and I use it very often. But they have a lot to build now for a proper and good working program. I miss a lot of components for my HAM radio hobby. SMD components is not a good to handel by my hobby. A lot of my HAM friends can not solder SMD. ;) stay safe.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@hendrikpas55, You can add your own ham radio components if you wish. Please see (2.3) in (2) in: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a) You might also consider submitting a Feature Request with a list of parts (together with links to their datasheets) that you would like to see added to the EasyEDA library. :)
Mark Schuurman 3 years ago
I realy appreciate EasyEDA as it is right now. There are some things that could be better, but when I try to work with Eagle I get lost in possibilities that I'm not comfortable with. I like very, very much it is cloud-based. This IS the future. I wouldn't mind to pay a small fee to gain permanent acces to the use of this tool. But please do not charge per generated Gerber, as it is essential in learning to understand how all of this artwork should be done. So maybe the good price plan could be: a basic free version in order to practice a lot at no costs, and after a series of 100? 1000? usages, when the skills are mastered (I'm getting to that point, now), ask for a reasonable price per usage or price per month/year. Maybe even do this on a volontary base. This would not affect the principle of open source set-up, where people can learn together with trial and error; which is an essential element of devolpment. BTW: Did I say 'thank you' already for this marvelous program you're providing? ;)
Maarten Oudijk 3 years ago
Before I start: do \*NOT\* make people pay for basic functionality like Gerber export for use with other manufacturers\. I am not an expert in the business\, and I don't even use other manufacturers besides JLC\, but that would scare even me away towards something like KiCAD\. **Long answer ahead, TLDR:** **The software should stay roughly the same, with some minor perks for a small monthly subscription, which could include a better autorouter, fast support and version switching.** I think there are three types of PCB designers: The professionals design for a company or at least work with PCB's as their primary source of income. The power users design a lot, maybe selling some of the designs they make, but also have a separate job that actually pays the bills. The hobbyist designs a few PCB's a year, mostly for fun or sometimes to fix something for themselves. I don't think EasyEDA should try to appeal to the professionals, as these will be working with more advanced software anyways, like Altium or Eagle, as they need the advanced features they provide. Besides this, they also have the incentive to pay upwards of $1000 for their software, and thus will probably not even be looking at cheaper options. EasyEDA on the other hand appeals more to the power users and hobbyists. The strong integration with JLCPCB and LCSC and overall intuitiveness of EasyEDA are handily its best selling points, making life a lot easier for just a one-off order or maybe a few small runs of something they design. I think the free version should be enough for the hobbyist, but leave the power user wanting more. I am going to steal some points here from **Henrik Larsen**, who answered about 4 months ago at the time of writing, but will also add my own points. I think the free version should stay relatively the same. If something absolutely has to be limited in the free version, I think it should be something like a limit to the amount of online projects at once (for example 50). This would basically not hinder hobbyists at all, but would give power users an incentive to go paid. On the other hand, the paid version should get benefits like: A better autorouter. The current autorouter could maybe be packed into the software for free, running locally, while the advanced one could be paid with the possibility of running in cloud. On the topic of local vs cloud, the paid version should have better offline support, including local saving and of course being able to work while not connected to the internet. Another paid feature could be the ability to switch versions at will if they encounter a bug. This is only really needed if you use EasyEDA semi-professionally, and thus would again encourage power users go paid while not affecting hobbyists basically at all. Paid users could also get more privacy options. Defaulting free projects to public, however, would flood the website with terrible and unfinished designs, so I would not suggest doing that. Lastly, priority support for paid users makes obvious sense, and is not hard to implement. As mentioned before\, I love the integration between EasyEDA\, JLC and LCSC\. Therefore\, I think the free version could enforce this a little bit more\. Important: a reminder to \*NOT\* lock EasyEDA to JLC only\. Instead\, I think ordering a PCB including assembly should really be as easy as 5 clicks without leaving EasyEDA\. Having to upload the BOM and CPL files separately is definitely not the end of the world\, but I think being able to access all the customisability of JLC \(again\, including assembly\, but also panelling and and gold fingers\) right from EasyEDA would mean a lot more orders for \(assembled\) PCB's\. The export Gerber button should stay where it is in the free version\, but could be separate option in the paid version\. Lastly, I would suggest a small monthly subscription in the neighbourhood of $5 as the payment model, though I am not a business expert, so take that with a grain of salt. As many people have done already, I want to thank you for the amazing software that is EasyEDA. Keep it up!
legrady 3 years ago
@MikeDB According to other sources,  hobbyists are moving into four layer boards, since the cost is trivially greater than two layer boards
pmc 3 years ago
It's interesting to read through these comments to see many different perspectives and ideas. Without claiming it's actually a good idea, I'll throw in another: bids/bounties for features. In a quick look, I didn't find a clear example to point out. I'm not at all thinking of "bug bounties". Something more like a way for users to endorse feature requests with money. I assume there is something like an inverse power law between #users and $bounty offers, and that there are a few users who would offer significant payments for certain features and many users who would offer small payments. The transactional part might include an escrow scheme. I doubt kickstarter's time-bounded process would fit. I do not propose to fund bug fixes on a bid/bounty basis. That seems like a swamp of perverse incentive. The value proposition for fixing bugs may be that the quality and robustness of existing functionality attracts or repels users who might offer money for further development. There will be edge cases between fixing bugs and improving things that could be better. There would be tension between defining a "feature" well enough to determine when development would earn a bounty vs allowing novel design. Idea: escrow bids with expiration dates. Then users can expect return of their money if nothing happens within a time of their own choosing, the escrow agent can chart future value of received bids, and EasyEDA can consider bounty value as a function of estimated time to complete work. Expired bid refunds could be
pmc 3 years ago
(post got truncated?)  ... Expired bid refunds could be
pmc 3 years ago
Well, that's interesting. \.\.\. Expired bid refunds could be \_less\-than\_100\_percent\_ to pay for the escrow service\.
pietjepuk 3 years ago
I'm just a rookie , new to all this PCB stuff. And trying to teach myself as an old guy some new tricks. If i had to pay for this i guess i would get my fishing rod out of the shed and be doing that. But Honestly , why not give the tool for free , and force people to order through JLPCB (like others said thru encrypted gerbers). And for those people that want to tak their business elsewhere, the choice to download general use gerbers for a small amount (2 euro's) I order my amazing well crafted highly experimental i don't have a clue if it will work PCB's from 2 company's , just which one is pricewise the most friendly. But to be honest there's not that much of a difference most of the time. I really have no clue about what software works besat for which purpose, i like EasyEDA , it is intuitive and fun to play with so i just stick with this. Thanks for making this possible :)
puzrin 3 years ago
IMO, as standalone solution, easyeda has more powerful (and free) PC alternatives. But i use easyeda because of synergy effect with jlcpcb & lcsc. I design opensource projects, and interested to make PCB & components available in couple of clicks. In this context easyeda is awesome. I will stay on free plan.
dandy1 3 years ago
Aside from the software, particularly for hobbyists, when ordering pcbs together with stencil why not make the stencil the same size as the pcb (as an option) and ship together. Im sure this would not be an issue for the hobbyist and in my experience actually helps as i always cut down the excess as I dont use a frame.  This will dramatically reduce the cost of shipping effectively halving the cost - an attractive incentive for the hobbyist whilst keeping an edge on the competition.  JLC has nothing to loose only gain more custom with their already cheap prices - and if there is a charge for same size stencils so be it (although I wouldn't know why).
dandy1 3 years ago
What I originally though was as mentioned previously, use encrypted Gerber and charge for the export.  If there are pcb orders then include a fee which gives you access to the Gerber - this makes sure anybody who has used the services of easyEDA actually pays for it.  Leave the platform totally free to use and learn on.  If the the cost of the software is such that it inhibits the use of even a single feature, this could dismantle the credit of the site which in my opinion has been far better than ANY other as in terms of the whole package you have going on.  I have personally learnt everything SMT via easyEDA.  If there was a subscription service this would not have happened.  MANY of JLC orders would have only come because easyEDA is free and and features are without subscription.
Mike Sims 3 years ago
This software has already made you more money than you could ever quantify. By offering it free of charge, you have received untold numbers of PCB orders because of this software. If you start charging for the software, I guarantee you will lose customers. I will not continue using it if I have to pay for it, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. Why change a business model that is already working and is already profitable? It makes no sense at all. It's like imposing new taxes, if you start fining your users after not ever fining them, you will lose loyal customers, I guarantee it.
DavidCook284 3 years ago
4-layers should be free to casual/hobbyist users.   The component editor still leaves a lot to be desired.   Even the free version needs to be improved.  PCB Artist has a  much better component editor. The primary reason I use EasyEDA is because of the good quality, it's free to use, and is easily tied into JLCPCB.   You start charging for it, I'll start looking for another alternative.
PeteS160 3 years ago
@dillon I came to the forums looking for information on something else and this topic showed up in my search, while reading though I saw a post you made and felt I needed to address it.  Dillon wrote: There is a problem, More than 60% users design with EasyEDA, no any orders from LCSC and JLCPCB.  We are sure will keep the tool be free , Just hope some one can suport the tool in some ways. I'm not sure how you track users across the 3 platforms but I suspect your figured are a bit flawed and here's why...... When I'm "done" working on a PCB 99% of the time I will export the Gerber file rather then having the system pass me to JCL to have the PCB's made. I save the files locally, rename them and then go to JCL and upload the Gerber from my computer manually. I have a number of colleagues that I routinely share my Gerber's with who also are having boards made(and assembled) with JCL but they have never designed a PCB with EasyEDA themselves. I'd also like to mention that people who are serious about something they are designing will likely have multiple revisions of the same PCB saved and possibly even export the file but will never have the design manufactured. For example, I have a PCB I've been refining for over a year now and any time I'm about to change a part on the PCB I'll save a new version of the board so if things don't work as intended I can simple go back to my previous design. I've lost dozens of hours worth of work with easyEDA more then once so I quite often save projects locally. Now you may be wondering why I'm still downloading the PCB design when I'm ready to have it made and the answer is simple. I want to keep a hard copy of the PCB, pick and place file and the BOM together that I'm having made and for anyone having pcb assembly  done keeping these together this is basically mandatory. I'm sure your aware that the BOM tool in easyEDA doesn't work correctly to start with and when having assembly done neither the the BOM or pick and place file is not passed to JCL so you already have to download these. Trying to keep the BOM/pick and place saved locally current with a PCB design saved in EasyEDA gets confusing very quickly so I suspect that a lot of people are doing as I do and save everything locally. It also makes reordering a particular design much easier this way so there is no worry if your design has had anything changed since the last time it was produced. While JCL has tried to make reordering a PCB easier it doesn't work for PCB assembly, they only store the Gerber files and not the BOM or Pick and Place files. You should also take into account places like Sparkfun that create PCB designs and upload them to easyEDA. Anyone can take one of their files to JCL and have them made with out ever needing to open the design in easyEDA themselves. The same thing can be said about files uploaded to Github where the creator may have shared the Gerber files(created with easyEDA) but did NOT share a schematic or PCB layout file. To wrap this up, the primary reason that comes to mind why someone would design a board with easyEDA and take the design somewhere else to have made has more to do with JCL/LCSC then easyEDA. While JCL doesn't hard cap the number of PCB's you can have made....when it comes to assembly they do have limits and I can tell you first hand that when it comes to PCB assembly the actual limit of what will turn out is much lower then what they will allow you to have made. Basically anyone wanting more then 30 boards assembled will likely go somewhere else for assembly or end up making multiple orders using the same Gerber/BOM/Pick and place files if they need more then 30. As for LCSC......stock availability seems rather volitional and they are often out of key parts....and many parts have a MOQ so you will end up ordering far more then you need and will have a lot of left overs. The change to shipping when making a PCB order I'm sure has also played a large roll in the decline of combined orders. You are looking at this like it's an easyEDA issue when this really has very little to do with the easyEDA software. If anything there is a JCL/LCSC issue that should be addressed.
TomPilot 3 years ago
I can say, EasyEDA ist very good, but... the actually "Offline" is not 100% useful, because if you have no internet, you can not update the PCB and you can not add parts you've created locally. The Parts are still "Online". So the "Offline" Mode is very limited (Load, Save, Routing, that's it). Offline is a must have. Minimum for this is that I can save and load "my own" created parts locally, not the parts from others. This should be implemented. What you can do to make money is... prepared parts libraries for money. Let the EasyEDA Tool free, but paying for "Offline" Parts Libraries. I think thats the best way to not losing customers. It's a little bit like in the Music Industry, they have also "Sound Libraries" you can buy, and free Software-Synthesizers (or for a very little fee).
digitalman 3 years ago
Its simple, create another parallel software like EASYEDA and give it another name, then charge any amount you want! Afterall, there`re many others out there. Leave this alone.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@digitalman, But what then is the incentive for anyone to use the paid for version?
RonArt 3 years ago
Why not start with a link to Donations? I would gladly pay $4 per month, or $50 per year.  Others may afford more; others, less. If that doesn't work out, then try something else, but I would suggest giving that a try for starters.
Terry Peake 3 years ago
As a user pays system. Just add a fee to the PCB price.
JohnAlfred 3 years ago
I don't know if this is possible, as I'm new to EasyEDA. Am I allowed send in 2 or three designs, but get them delivered under one delivery charge ?
andyfierman 3 years ago
@JohnAlfred, This is not the place to post this question but... When you go through the process of submitting a PCB, one of the questions is if you have another design to submit. So yes, you can submit more than one design at a time. I am not sure how the delivery charge scales. Also note that if you wish to order parts from LCSC.com, you can get free delivery for them if you place your parts order soon after submitting the PCB order: that is one of the steps in the LCSC parts ordering process. (The process of ordering parts from JLCPCB as part of a PCB Assembly is quite different.)
andyfierman 3 years ago
@JohnAlfred, "...as I'm new to EasyEDA." then you need to read: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a) including the linked documents.
MyAlexro 3 years ago
As a hobbyist, you would totally lose me as a customer with a monthly subscription, instead I think that adding a "service fee" or "program fee" when ordering the pcb from JLCPCB would be a lot better
HPS Electronics 3 years ago
I see many new items to use all very nice. My complement for it, but why is the PCB not with the left uper corner in the center of the cross? Why are all components placed far from the PCB and not logic selected in columns, greatest part from right to left on the left side of the PCB? Now You have to seek for all components there they all mess up.There is no logic in it. Can it not be make more logic for placing these components?
andyfierman 3 years ago
@hpselectronics6, Your post is not really about updating EasyEDA'a usage model. Your post would be better reposted as a **Feature Request.** You can place the origin wherever you like. If you select groups of symbols (or even just everything) in the schematic and do **Ctrl+Shift+X** Cross Probe and Place, then all the Footprints in the PCB will be arranged as they are placed in the schematic. If the schematic is clearly and logically drawn, this makes it much easier to find and then move things into their desired placement and groupings on the PCB.
yazzymint 3 years ago
Honestly I can't speak for others but I know that if EasyEDA was kept completely free I'd be happy to setup a monthly contribution to help keep this services available for others who aren't really in a position to provided no current features are kept behind any kind of paywall. I'm sure many others would too.
yazzymint 3 years ago
@RonArt Yea I hope this is the direction they go in I know I'd be happy to make a contribution.
MikeDB 3 years ago
As I use EasyEDA professionally I'm more than happy to pay for usage, but as they seem to have messed up lots of my old design files and the fix offered doesn't work fully I'd be less than happy if I was paying !
martin 3 years ago
EasyEDA is very valuable, but isn't completely dependable, in that far too many regressions are introduced on a regular basis for paid-for software. Until proper testing or development practices are put in place, I think the only option is for it to be free. Not complaining here-- I understand I can use any other piece of software, but I think it's a fair statement of fact.
Włodzimierz Smelcerz 3 years ago
I think it's good enough for simple projects, so it's worth some fee.
termineric 3 years ago
Hallo all First I think it is a good Combo ther having I run the offline version on my windows 64 bit it works but have some bug's (online to) Now to thing ther asking, before I can do that ther is somthing think about EasyEDA is a services not a software product so for me if not order via ther services ther need pay somting 1. I like ide that some-one wrote here from make pre-pay system for services not inside all ther companys(connect to EasyEDA playground)  so export to other programs or to other vendors more long line you buy licents for that function for year becoase if not uses ther companys how can pay for this functions. 2. i here lot of i want this no this for users & EasyEDA will more easy to see crowdfund system where say want this bug to befix or build if do give x amount, so users/EasyEDA can see whatt need to be fix  or build and if something very inported to you or your company you send higher amount Thinks like to see (and pay for via item 2 i wrote ) * Version control (licent for a version) * More offline to online synq (type liek old dropbox) from your projects Backup to local (licent for a version) * Tools to export offline to other editors in case EasyEDA will stop (licent for a version) "Licent for a version" you buy version of the tool will work for many like 10 after that can be that need buy new one because is not longer work becuase the editor change to mutch I wil not say this wil be best but give still free basic(like is now) EasyEDA * Bug get fix if the need for this be fix as many people have need for it * New functions will be add as many people have need for it in this list will be all bugs reported and all new functions request will be screend by EasyEDA and put on the list look if not all on the list if have amount need for makeing or fixing  then say we wil make it then when alle monney is in is a crowdfund system This my vision on ther request Termineric (E. F. Zoons) From Belguim/Holland
andyfierman 3 years ago
A high performance autoplacer/router as discussed in this Feature Request: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/part-auto-placement-77272c056e8c4b6b9e108c099ef9398a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/part-auto-placement-77272c056e8c4b6b9e108c099ef9398a) might make a good set of options for a paid-for addon.
CANBED 3 years ago
1\. More than 10 extended components when using the SMT service 2\. Extra Fabrication options when using the above\. 3\. A better developed Auto router and auto parts placement 4\. Better Footprint checks/quality controls for JLCPCB's own supplied footprints\, which still show up a problematic on DMF analysis
HPS Electronics 3 years ago
@andyfierman Andy what about making footprints for oure parts. Who have the benefits off it? We? You? I? or the company? You know if all parts have a footprint then they don't need developers for it and we are the workers. Get we then payed for the work we done? Or will be this program free for only members who make the footprints? As 2e There are different parts who look the same, but there are country who use other messerments. How to get the right parts? If worldwide the same messerments have then it is no problem. Europ have as exsample Meter, cm or mm. Different connections for plugs and so on.(metic[Fast turn right and off turn left] and withword[ fast turn left and off turn right]) USA and England have Feet, inches ectr. Witch one You choos? I like to have Europen Standards. If they do that, You need a large database for it. Many cainees people will be out off work this way. Can we use this program than for free You think? I don't have a problem to pay a smal amount a year (max $1.00 or $2.00 a mounth). But expect also a resenble discount for the part I order. PCB and all aviable parts thats aviable. But I like this program very muts. Hope to see more old school parts.(Less polution in this world) 73, PD2HPS (qrz.com) Hendrik
andyfierman 3 years ago
@hpselectronics6, Hi Hendrick, I am finding it hard to catch what you are suggesting so could I ask you to repeat your post but in your native Dutch? Then we can use Google or Bing Translate which will make it easier for the people on China to understand too. :) If I have got your post right here are a few answers: "...what about making footprints for oure parts. Who have the benefits off it? We? You? I? or the company?" If the footprints (and symbols) are created and checked carefully so that they are right then everybody wins. Users win because there are good quality symbols and footprints. EasyEDA wins because they can concentrate on doing the really clever stuff like a better PCB tool, an improved auto router and better ways to organise and find things in the library. EasyEDA also wins because the better it is, the more people will use it and design PCBs which they will then buy from JLCPCB. And that feeds money back into development. "USA and England have Feet, inches ectr. Witch one You choos? I like to have Europen Standards." It is not a national choice. You are free to make Footprints and to lay out your PCB using inches, mil (or "thou", 0.001 inch) or mm. Many devices packages are based on inches because they were originally developed in the USA and are still in use today but many of the more recent packages are based on mm. This means that there is no single set of units that will work on all PCBs. You can set your PCB units to mil (0.001 inch) or mm but you may still find that it is helpful sometimes to switch the PCB grid from one set of units to another, for example from 1mm to 1.27mm when placing an array of 0.1 inch pitch parts. "Different connections for plugs and so on.(metic[Fast turn right and off turn left] and withword[ fast turn left and off turn right])" Sorry: don't understand this question. Are you asking how you can tell the difference between a clockwise off to on switch and an anti-clockwise off to on switch? "I don't have a problem to pay a smal amount a year (max $1.00 or $2.00 a mounth). But expect also a resenble discount for the part I order. PCB and all aviable parts thats aviable." For $12 to $24 per year I think you could expect only a small discount but that may be possible. "Hope to see more old school parts.(Less polution in this world)" Not sure what you mean. Do you mean symbols and footprints for older parts that are no longer manufactured but are still available? We have a reasonable library of simulatable spice symbols for thermionic valves (tubes) if that helps, which can also be used in non-simulation schematics (although they do not all have valve base footprints). :)
Vincent Haude 3 years ago
@MikeDB u stupid?
MikeDB 3 years ago
@vincent.haude99 No.  What's your problem precisely ?
krish1221 3 years ago
Hi , I think its a great idea to start a business. Now this is the time for the new normal. So you peoples can connect local manufactures there and also charge your payment from the local manufacture. I interested to see the new things. Thank you
u271D 3 years ago
@MikeDB Yeap, it's that simple. Start charging and I move to KiCAD
JeroenPStamps 3 years ago
@MikeDB I think these are reasonable points you mention. c) will be a highly contested one I guess, but it seems kinda fair (encrypted for use with JLCPCB only) -> it would need to incorporate an embedded gerber viewer then though... However, just as counter example to option f) - as a hobbyist: \- I in fact am currently designing my first 4\-layer designs to be able to shrink the board size of my hobby project even further For the very occasional user, it would be nice to have an option to pay-per-week of use for the more advanced features. On the other side of the spectrum, I very much like the "discount PCB order with JLCPCB" option to reward people that use the advanced features more often when they actually buy more PCBs With regards to integration with JLCPCB/LCSC: \- I \_really\_ like the integration with JLCPCB\. I started using EasyEDA before this was fully integrated\, but really like the compact workflow concerning ordering PCBs now \- I \_never\_ use LCSC; perhaps it is because of the type of hobbyproject I'm tinkering with \(Synthesizer\)\, but close to nothing I want is in the LCSC library\. I would really want to try integrated SMT builds\, but even if 1 single IC is missing\, I would still have to "fire up" the Galden cooking pot to populate the rest\. So with that it's quite "all or nothing" and at the moment for me\, it's "nothing" \(yeah\, I know\, 1 single IC I can still hand\-solder\, but for very fine pitch stuff it simply sucks\)\. As for more advanced features, I'd very much like to have a "hierarchy" of components/schematics, so that you can copy a certain schematic multiple times (e.g. an oscillator, to keep with the synthesizer example), and also then automatically copy the already-laid-out-once PCB-layout for that schematic -> so really build your PCB using sub-schematics.
ClintMyers 3 years ago
I think that you need to remember which type of customers you serve. You have entry level customers that rely on the auto-router for their projects. I think that people are willing to pay for an auto router that works much better and is reliable. I think if the auto-router went away, then i would leave and take my business to another design tool. I get very frustrated that the auto-router hangs and is not consistant, but i would certainly pay just to have a good solid auto-router. I priced model is ok and i'm very supportive as long as you don't forget that more than half of your users do this as a hobby and not professionally.
MikeDB 3 years ago
@ [JeroenPStamps](https://easyeda.com/JeroenPStamps) My post was a year ago and things move on.  I have noticed more 4 layer PCBs being mentioned on places like muff-wiggler so maybe this wouldn't be a good idea to charge. As for LCSC's SMD offering, I do find some synth designers are rather stuck in the 80s trying to get that 'authentic' sound.  LCSC are never going to stock the SSI clones and so on, volume is just so low.  But it's often possible to implement the same function using basic function ICs they do stock, and there's at least one person on muff-wiggler who makes everything with discrete transistors.  Or just put in an IC socket. But I totally agree we need hierarchy.  I've been moaning about that since I started using EasyEDA when I lost access to Zuken.  If you think a synth is bad duplicating three oscillators, think what it's like with 16 mic pre-amps and EQs or ADCs :-) Anyway the discussion has been going for a year and they're still not charging and most people still seem to be here, me included.  I rarely see KiCad mentioned on forums, it's always Eagle or EasyEDA, so they must be doing something right here.
scalesr1 3 years ago
I have just read through all these comments and suggestions - all very interesting. From my perspective,  I am a complete hobbyist - though I use EasyEda a lot and I use JLCPCB exclusively. As someone else already mentioned, I always download the gerbers and then submit them to JLC for manufacture as opposed to taking the link from within EasyEda. I have always assumed that EasyEda was a 'Sprat to catch a Mackerel'  ie. an easy to use design tool which would ultimately lead to increased business for JLC. In order to better track the linkage between EasyEda and JLC - would it be an idea for EasyEda to include some comments (perhaps coded) in the gerber files which JLC can use to cross reference with the projects stored within EasyEda? In this way you would be able to get an idea of the relationship between the number of gerbers generated with EasyEda and the number of those which are ultimately manufactured by JLC. Perhaps this is already known. Regardless, I would have thought that ultimately, the real revenues are going to be from PCB manufacture and component sales, so firstly, you would need to be 100% confident that you could track everything from the design stage in EasyEda through to production at JLC. Then, I would have thought that the real motivation would be to increase PCB manufacture volumes - so keep piling development and bug fixing into EasyEda and the result would be increased PCB production (or so I would have thought). All the way through you could add 'incentives' to the EasyEda user to either purchase the boards from JLC (which I suspect most do anyway) or - better, add incentives to increase the order value - ie, a voucher or an additional number of boards for a lower price perhaps or anything that is within the control of JLC (which shipping isn't!). How about a 'refer a friend' scheme, as a method for getting more users who will ultimately buy boards from JLC? One common thread amongst many of these comments and one that I whole heartedly endorse - please fix the autorouter. When I first started with EasyEda I knew nothing but before long I was wanting to use the autorouter - at least to get a rough idea of how things might be laid out. After much use I began to experience some of its pitfalls, like it would not route things, it would route multiple tracks in the same place, it would disregard some footprints and route tracks across pads seemingly randomly. Even if the autorouter would report the issues that it found so that the user could do something about it perhaps. Anyhow - I still love EasyEda, I shall remain a customer of JLC, please fix the autorouter and keep up all the other great work.
janisloo 3 years ago
My suggestion is to Pay for: 1) gerber, if not used in JLCPCB; 2) 4 layers or more; 3) autorouter (you have to create better one) and autoplacer (automatically place most parts on board); 4) export more than 5 boards in 1 month;
SteveSanbeg 3 years ago
I'd suggest adding features for paid users rather than removing features from free users.  Especially things like holding data for ransom discouraging people from downloading gerbers to view with other software, or to a lesser extent worrying that EasyEDA is only for trivial projects, and we may need to migrate elsewhere at some point due to arbitrary limitations on project size may scare a lot of people away. One idea I had is some kind of fabrication wizard.  I've noticed that JCLPCB pricing can be complicated and somewhat unpredictable.  I.e. it's hard to say if I change the size of my board or quantity I order, what effect that would have on the price; as well as whether it's better to get more boards by ordering a larger quantity or by panelizing, either due to price or ease of removing the silkscreened  order number by placing where I can break it ff, or just having it once/panel rather than one/board. Since EasyEDA would already have the board info and access to JCLPCB pricing, it may be easier to figure out an order with a built in feature, rather than by copying sizing info or gerbers over and trying different values in the form to see how they affect the order.
Renzo230 3 years ago
@MikeDB I basically agree with you.
vapeandrew 3 years ago
@edcasati that crazy i use the auto route alot charging for it uncalled for
vapeandrew 3 years ago
@edcasati but charging for it not going help with the issue you having now it be same thing if u pay for you going still have the issue of it not working right the first time because every body using it. 2) I Thnink if easyeda start charging for things high price they go run people to other programs i for one would use something ealse because things like autoroute is not avalable to me i am a fix income i only get 736 bucks on disabilty and using this site helps to much to make extra money to the way it is to off set the cost for meds i need to stay alive
vapeandrew 3 years ago
@edcasati but charging for it not going help with the issue you having now it be same thing if u pay for you going still have the issue of it not working right the first time because every body using it. 2) I Thnink if easyeda start charging for things high price they go run people to other programs i for one would use something ealse because things like autoroute is not avalable to me i am a fix income i only get 736 bucks on disabilty and using this site helps to much to make extra money to the way it is to off set the cost for meds i need to stay alive
vapeandrew 3 years ago
@MikeDB @sanbeg have to agree with san on that one mike dont take things away from free user mike that what autodesk did to there maker hobiest part i cant use some things like at my tooling for my cnc routher i use it alot and i cant bring in step files that i use to make my parts with . and because of it alot have left autodesk fusion 360 and went to ther software keep it free for the free users with no charge and charge the ones who want to have everything and app on the software
vapeandrew 3 years ago
@MikeDB and your wrong i have design and made pcb boards using more than 4 layers and got to projects in the que requiring me to make 4 layer pcb boards
MikeDB 3 years ago
I'm not really sure why this discussion is still going after over a year.   They have now introduced the paid for plans and new features are being added there whilst leaving the free plan as is.  I imagine anybody unhappy with this will have left by now.
Jason Shuler 3 years ago
Please consider your software to be subsidized\. Yes the software is free; but people like me use it because it is free\. Then people like me buy boards and parts using the integrated buttons within the app\. The better / easier the app and the more free features\, the more people will use it; and so long as you maintain \_tight\_ integration with LSCS and JLCPCB\, you will profit tremendously by that integration\. Give away this software\, and you will sell many boards
dave-in-nj 3 years ago
I use it because it is free.   single and two sided boards are for hobbiests. 3,4 or more sided  ? I am looking to move to KiCad because the autorouter is so horrible.  I have never been able to get even one part routed.    I also hate the net naming problems.   the software is well over a year old it should not have these problems.  all of the other software I had used have functional autorouters and functional net naming. Make a limit of say, 10 boards for free in your development area.  Every time you have the board made, that moves out development into production and out of the 10 board count. Most hobbiests make a board, then have it made so, actually paying for the boards to be made is the exchange for your software.  more professional people will use it for development and have multiple boards un-made.  With the quality of the boards and the speed of delivery, I cannot see why one would not have them made by you. Having a board made and buying the parts for it is the user exchange for the easy and free service. It is also easier for you.  having me make a board in some other software then giving you Gerbers is time consuming and error prone for you. =========== suggestion for your paid service. #1 3 or more layer #2 a very high quality 3 or more level autorouter, but also make the free one work. #3 pay to play ,   have an Eagle import feature that is a paid service.  if it cost $10 to import an Eagle schematic it would pay for the cost of the software developers to make the feature.  and if it were easy,  a professional would just add it to the cost of the job and it would save hours for them. #4 local storage of files. #5 multi-access with user notations and user highlights.   to allow groups to work on a board. <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br>
dkorchagin 3 years ago
I'd put it like this: Easy EDA is a great tool as it makes it easy to design a PCB and place an order with the manufacturer (JLCPCB), who AFAIU actually owns the tool, where you actually pay for things. I'd rather keep it free, and make it more sophisticated in terms of managing projects and designs. If you want to make more money to be able to aggressively add more features, try add some little cents to manufacturing piece, that is, when someone orders a PCB, charge them for using the EasyEDA at that point - so only chargable piece would actually be in generating gerber files, and that should depend on complexity of those. Make discounts if the order is placed with JLCPCB - give a coupon. Keep the price reasonable though:)
Avilh 3 years ago
I think most of the hobbyist love Easy EDA  because it's free and order PCB if they need. If you start charging money you will lost a lot of hobbyist. And PCB ordering will be down! Keep it as free as possible! However I love it and I think I will paid for it if it needed! :)
Kamil47 3 years ago
Hello, I am electronic engineer, retired and now hobbyist. I like Easy Eda, because it is relatively simple and powerful, but I use it rare, maybe for one or two projects in a year, during month or two in the year. I was previously using Eagle, but it was too complex and not easy understandable. Pricing every month is not acceptable for me, I prefer some pricing for just in month I am using it or just for a single project.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@Kamil47, A sort of pay-per-use or Pay As You Go model?
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice