You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Connecting vias for homemade noard
674 4
C Jones 4 years ago
I am making a homemade double sided pcb and would like to prototype a board before I send it to manufacturing. I thought I would solder a pin through both sides Of a via.   Is there a better way? thanks
Comments
andyfierman 4 years ago
Not if you're DIY etching or CNC routing to make your own board. At the price of boards from JLCPCB why not order some proper PCBs with the silk screen, solder mask and through plated holes and save all the extra time having to hand wire through vias and so on? :)
C Jones 4 years ago
Thank you for your reply.  This is my first foray into double sided boards so 1) I want to make sure my circuit works before I send it to JLCPCB .  While JLCPCB  is very inexpensive, I would like to save resources such as copper, fiberglass, and money if the board doesn't work.  Especially money.  But once I am assured that the board is correct, I will make sure to send it to JLCPCB. 2)I want to see if I can do it.  Kinda like climbing Mt. Everest. 3)To keep in practice I will send it off to JLCPCB, I promise. Carroll
andyfierman 4 years ago
I understand your wishes. There are however some points to consider. My main concern with people etching their own PCBs is that they take the proper care and precautions when using and safely disposing of the etchants. There's also an issue that if the pin pitch of devices used on the board are too fine then it can be very hard to stop solder bridging on a manually etched board because there's no solder resist between the pads. You should check that you can drill the via holes small enough to not drill out their pads and that you can get a wire or a pin through the hole.  The via hole diameter on a manufactured board can be very small. Beware designing a pcb for manual fabrication and then either using that design for commercial fabrication or then changing it for commercial fab. The first option may end up breaking the fab house design rules. The second option may introduce errors that were not there in the original layout. DIY pcb fab may seem like a cheap option but that depends on how you cost your time. If this is for a one-off then you can probably justify the time and resources spent in DIY fab but if it's a commercial project then your time is probably better spent doing other work while you wait for boards to be delivered ready to easily assemble. None of this is to say that DIY fabbing your own PCBs isn't good fun but there is also the point that it has very little in common with modern fabrication techniques so as a learning exercise it is of limited value.
C Jones 4 years ago
\>\>\> I understand your wishes\. Thank you!!! I use muriatic acid and hydrogen peroxide. Once I etch my boards, I neutralize the acid with sodium bicarbonite when I am finished, I am going to use the same pcb circuit  as the one I am sending to jlcpcd once I know it works. The first board I sent to get manufactured had a flaw in it and even though the board works with some finagling, I wish I had worked one up first.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice