You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Designing boards with 'stock 0' parts
594 6
David Zanetti 3 years ago
Hi JLCPCB! I am unclear on whether designing a board for assembly which uses a part listed in the library but with stock 0 (and looks like always has stock 0) will just result in a longer lead time, or will not be able to be completed in a known timeframe at all. I would understand a longer lead time, but it's not obvious if stock 0 parts are "safe" to use for designs at all. I generally check if LCSC has any stock, and have started to assume that if they have non-zero stock it's probably going to just be more lead time to get it over to JLCPCB's assembly facilities, but this also begs the question how large an order has to be for that to happen? Or should I just avoid designing anything at all with stock 0 parts? Thanks.
Comments
topirinkinen 3 years ago
Hi, I have in my JLCPCB shopping cart waiting a board which had stock when I entered it, but since then it ran out of stock ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/qa4R3WfB6T569iziQ5JDLmHbnDrS9VziqfS4yJ3n.png) Can not order the board any more. Also if you enter a new order, and component is out of stock, it will be left out of assembly-BOM. I.e. you cannot put the order on hold to wait for restocking to happen. Feature request: JLCPCB, make a ordering option so that zero-stock components can be used on SMT order, and the order stays on hold until all components are on stock. -Topi
andyfierman 3 years ago
@topirinkinen, "Feature request: JLCPCB, make a ordering option so that zero-stock components can be used on SMT order, and the order stays on hold until all components are on stock." Please post this as a separate Feature Request.
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
Hello ; We are grateful that you messaged us in this forum. Please consider that parts with zero stock will not be confirmed for assembly, so while you place the PCBA order there is a step where you confirm the parts that you are willing to assemble and the detected parts that  have zero stock will be not confirmed for assembly but you can select alternatives from the library (please note that you can directly browse the library to select the alternatives). Considering your request about the lead time, since only the available parts will be assembled then there is no delay on the PCBA and the turnaround is as same as 24-hours for the PCB assembly : [https://jlcpcb.com/smt-assembly](https://jlcpcb.com/smt-assembly)<br> <br> Please fell free to write to us here if you need any guidance or you can have the support of our team through [support@jlcpcb.com](mailto:support@jlcpcb.com)<br> <br> Thank you
David Zanetti 3 years ago
Thanks for the response. I would strongly suggest we need at least a "Normally Stocking" flag on parts that indicate there is an intention to get more of a part (and better yet, an ETA in days of getting stock), not just that hypothetically it has a LCSC listing and therefore it maybe might be an assembly option one day? Otherwise, when doing part selection for design (which will happen long before a BOM is actually uploaded into JLCPCB) it's pot luck what you should be picking and even current stock levels is no indication of an on-going intent to stock. Thanks.
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
@david.s.zanetti Yes I understand your points and first let me thank you for this interesting conversation. Actually there is a plan to improve the Assembly service, the plan has started early last year and by now we are supporting +80K parts in our assembly Parts library (it was just 30K parts before) we have added more PCB colors to be supported for assembly and some other improvements and the plan still on going because we can't change the whole process in one shot (there is always a strategy to implement) soon we will add more new features and why not it will be available for customers to get them parts ordered from external suppliers such as Mouser and Digikey and assemble the parts by JLCPCB, also we are planing to support all the LCSC parts to be assembled in our lines. JLCPCB PCBA service is already good and could be improved so the positive side is that we are truly improving it and more best news are on the way that's why we are counting on your thoughts and feedbacks to progress. Thank you again.
david.knell 3 years ago
Thanks for the update - it's appreciated.  I'll add my voice to the folk above - the sole frustration that I have with your PCBA service is the haphazard availability of parts. The concept of being able to place an order which includes parts currently out of stock, to be on hold until they are in stock, is a good one - if nothing else, it would give JLCPCB an idea as to which of the out-of-stock parts ought to be restocked.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice