You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
(Generic question) 2 circuits that are similar, any differences?
327 6
ricxon 1 year ago
The following circuit are general circuits that do not have specific part numbers. May I know what are the differences in the circuit (example: Pros and Cons) aside for the cost and package sizing. I have tried both circuits, however there are some slight variation in the functionality which from my understanding there shouldn't be. The circuit 1 requires ''2 power on'' to switch on my product while circuit 2 only require ''1 power on'' to switch on the same product. (I do not have the full circuitry for a better assessment. Thus im asking for any input for the potential cause.) -> = Connected to Circuit 1: 24Vdc -> DC/DC converter -> 12Vdc Circuit 2: 24Vdc -> DC/AC Inverter -> 230Vac -> AC/DC -> 12Vdc Would appreciate any input.
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
Sorry but the text: "The circuit 1 requires ''2 power on'' to switch on my product while circuit 2 only require ''1 power on'' to switch on the same product." and: "-> = Connected to Circuit 1: 24Vdc -> DC/DC converter -> 12Vdc Circuit 2: 24Vdc -> DC/AC Inverter -> 230Vac -> AC/DC -> 12Vdc" is pretty much meaningless without information about what it refers to. You need to post links to where these parts are in the EasyEDA libraries or manufacturer's or suppliers pages and links to datasheets where possible to provide enough information from which to make a meaningful assessement. Please read: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a) then post back with the links to relevant information and to an example public project to illustrate your question.
ricxon 1 year ago
Hi andyfierman, Firstly, thank you for taking your time to see through this post, what i mean by power on is the switching on from the product which i am unable to have access to. As a result, i am only able to give a vague explanation of what has happened during the experimentation. The main question would be the circuit difference in general. As from my understanding, both circuit converts a 24Vdc to 12Vdc. Thanks!
andyfierman 1 year ago
@ricxon, Without a clearer understanding of what the two types of power converter are it is very hard to say other than pure speculation. You need to at least describe: what "the product" is; exactly how it is wired up and to what; exactly what steps you are taking when you talk about "the switching on from the product" otherwise sorry but this is just wasting everyone's time.
ricxon 1 year ago
@andyfierman Thank you for the time, but i am unable to provide more details. What i wanted is indeed the speculation of what are the possible differences in circuit hence saying ''any input for potential causes''. These are all the information that I am able to share. Therefore, the main question as mention in the post "the differences in the circuit (example: Pros and Cons) aside for the cost and package sizing'' is a generic question on the 2 circuits where both are stepping down voltage from 24Vdc to 12Vdc and not an in-depth analysis of any circuit. -> = Connected to Circuit 1: 24Vdc -> DC/DC converter -> 12Vdc Circuit 2: 24Vdc -> DC/AC Inverter -> 230Vac -> AC/DC -> 12Vdc I am sorry for wasting your time.
andyfierman 1 year ago
@ricxon, Your question is like me saying that there are two cars about which all I can tell you is that one is an automatic and the other is manual geared. Please discuss the pros and cons. So, in the following discussion it is assumed that: * All circuits are competently designed;  * All circuits are designed for maximum efficiency in terms of power conversion (i.e. linear regulation is not used). * Neither circuit includes any non-electronic energy storage devices or systems. **Circuit 1: ** **Pro:** 1. Fewer power conversion stages (1: 24VDC to 12VDC);  2. More electrically efficient;  3. Easier to cool;  4. Simpler to design for EMC;  5. Simpler to design for LVD;  6. Fewer components;  7. Fewer failure modes;  8. Higher reliability; **Con:** 1. Only available in Beige with Brown upholstery. <br> <br> **Circuit 2: ** **Pro:** 1. Possibility to be assembled from off the shelf modules;  2. Possibility for 12VDC to be supplied from either 24VDC or 230VAC. 3. Possibility to use the 230VAC to generate high internal voltage used for capacitive energy stotage (Energy in a Capacitor C charged to a voltage V = 0.5*C*V^2) **Con:** 1. Several power conversion stages (at least 3: 24VDC to 230VAC, 230VAC to some intermediate DC, intermediate DC to 12VDC);  2. Lower overall electrical efficiency;  3. Increased cooling requirements;  4. Harder to design for EMC (several internal switching frequencies);  5. More complex to design for LVD (internal voltages > 48V); 6. Higher component count;  7. Higher number of failure modes;  8. Lower reliability; 9. Increased risk of fire and explosion due to manufacturing procurement sourcing cheap off the shelf modules that do not meet the original safety and reliability requirements.
ricxon 1 year ago
@andyfierman Thank you sir for your input! really appreciate it.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice