You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
EasyEDA / JLCPCB / LCSC Relationship Issues...
2228 6
koosjr 4 years ago
I have been using EasyEDA from very soon after it went online, and in my opinion it is by far the simplest EDA system to use. Also, the major troubles experienced after the major upgrade , have been resolved and the software is reliable. I honestly hope EasyEDA learned something from that exercise. Right, so over the past 12 moths alone I have spend about US$ 3 800 with JLCPB and LCSC. Surely I am not a rocking big customer, but I certainly buy a lot more than the general hobbyist. One of the things that made it more competitive to buy from EasyEDA is that one could combine PCB and component orders and save money on transport. This however is not possible any more and the explanation is that it gives trouble with imports. Well, I am surprised to hear that because it is ridiculously simple to deal with that. All that JLCPCB/LCSC has to do is to provide a COMBINED commercial invoice showing all the items and a line description that indicates if it is PCB's or components. From there it is a simple matter for DHL to prepare the paper work at import. There simply is no issue and the authorities have no problem is some items on the invoice attracts import duties and others not. With that advantage now out the window, and the fact that JLCPCB refuses to engage with customers when uncertainties arrise with PCB manufacturing, it now becomes needed to look at alternatives. People, listen to the customer: You are messing with a good recipe!! You have an excellent EDA, LCSC has high quality components at good prices, and JLCPCB has good PCB quality. If you only make sure that JLCPCB engage with the customer when there are uncertainties with manufacturing, and change your commercial invoice to show combined PCB and components, you will be simply in a position where no other competitor can match you. Just do it!
Comments
MikeDB 4 years ago
Oddly I've had terrible service from LCSC but very good from JLCPCB.  But I agree with you that they really need to put the whole package together.  I've found other Chinese suppliers, for example on Alibaba, simply don't understand the costs involved in importing stuff from China.
Selina 4 years ago
@koosjr Yes, you are one of our early users. Good to know you think EasyEDA is the simplest EDA system to use and thank you for your support all the time. As you know EasyEDA has made many improvements these years and when EasyEDA met LCSC and JLCPCB, it's possible to bring you an entire online ecosystem for hardware development. What we want to do is to let our customers just focus on their innovations and business, and we will handle the rest. Customs does cause much trouble when combining PCB and components. If there is no export customs issue, we won't close the combine shipment option. We're trying to find a solution. Hope you can understand. When there are uncertainties with PCB manufacturing, JLCPCB will contact you to confirm the issues. Our engineers handle lots of ambiguous designs each day, a few of them may have different understanding when solving problems. Sorry perhaps you just met the one who thinks different, which caused the inconsistency. We have identified below potential improvements to solve this kind of issue. 1\. Provide an option to let you confirm the production documentation first\, your design will be put into production after you confirmed\. 2\. Contact with engineers directly to confirm the issue\. 3\. Record your requirements\, we'll handle the ambiguous designs based on the record\. JLCPCB is progressing, if any suggestions please do let us know. We always appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
koosjr 4 years ago
@Selina, With all respect, JLCPCB have not ONCE EVER contacted me when here was an issue. Not one single time. With the old EasyEDA PCB supplier, I was contacted every time and we could resolve the issue quickly. It did not happen often. A major issue still with JLCPCB is that the website still cannot display all the Gerber files - and I get particularly agitated if JLCPCB then blames me for "errors" in Gerbers that were generated via EasyEDA. Come on! It is as if they operate as EasyEDA when it suits them, but when there is trouble they are instantly independent of EasyEDA. I am not happy. I have ordered 50 face plates in black which all came out with no colour and I simply get a cold shoulder. All 7 previous orders of the same type of item were produced with my normal ordering though EasyEDA and came out perfect.
Selina 4 years ago
I've checked with our JLCPCB support, the engineer who handled your order thought your order should be handled in this way. Sorry it was our mistake that we didn't confirm with you before production. Since the design may cause confusion, Lily has suggested you make a little change to your design to avoid this situation. We'll refab this order for free and ship to you asap. We do apologize to you for any inconvenience this may have caused. Regarding the JLCPCB Gerber viewer, we've been working on optimizing the gerber viewer, now the desorption rate reaches 90% and we'll continue to improve our system. If you have any more suggestions on how to improve our system and services, please write to me at [selina@jlcpcb.com](mailto:selina@jlcpcb.com). Thanks.
koosjr 4 years ago
Thanks Selina!
koosjr 4 years ago
Selina, I received the boards and the Matt Black looks fantastic!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice