You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
EasyEDA desktop requirements - tool is slow
873 6
quadcorei8085 2 years ago
I started a few days ago using EasyEDA desktop client x64 on windows 10 and designed a board with ~350 components (16x 20 components using PCB modules + some others). At first the software was running smooth but as I started adding more components it became extremely unresponsive. The board I have is approximately 80x300mm and has 16x20 components (charging circuit, resistors, inductors) plus 20-30 extra components for power, control, etc. Now that I finished routing the layout design the program would take seconds to show me a menu or react on any keypress. A DRC check execution takes 15-20 minutes. Occasionally the software is unresponsive for 10-20 seconds and eats up CPU, system load is 25-30%. The system is windows 10 running on a i7-8565U 16Gb RAM notebook. Is the system requirements too high for this tool and my notebook is too slow or just the amount of components are too high? Is there anything one could do to speed up the program?
Comments
Exported the project from desktop app and imported it into the browser (chrome) based online editor, there I do not experience any of the lagging/stuttering/slow behavior. Zooming, moving, routing works perfect. DRC runs in matter of seconds. Seems to me this is a platform issue, however I'm personally not a big fan of browser tools. Any chance there will be a performance upgrade release coming soon for the desktop?
Is there a way to send the project for analysis? I'm really getting frustrated by waiting 20-60 seconds just to hide a TOP/BOTTOM layer.
Jacopo Franco 2 years ago
There is definitely something going on. The tool started being slow tonight for me too. Never happened before. I'm on Windows 11 last update, Easyeda 6.4.31, rtx2070 super, 3700x and 16gb of ram.
JBARROYETA 2 years ago
version 6.4.31 does not work for me (very slow) ; I should have installed the desktop version 6.4.25 to continue working
Jacopo Franco 2 years ago
**This issue has been found to be related to the Inner1 and Inner2 being "Planes" and not "Signal"** To fix the issue: Go to Layer manager Set layers back to 2 Apply Set layers back to 4, then select signal layers as inner 1 and 2 type. Apply Enjoy
This assumes you have 4 layers? I only have a 2 layer board (TOP / BOTTOM) and still see the differences in performance with 6.5.1 and online editor.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice