You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Error in datasheet and in footprint
564 4
Johan_Ha 1 year ago
My bug report is about component C2843784, which shows the following info in the component catalog, under PCB Footprint or Symbol: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/UHUVfcoAb6Yf6uVYoITeHdDpaeiNLFXbbWlkIG6e.png) Here we can already see an error. To the left we see the symbol, telling us that pins 1, 2 and 3 are cathodes. To the right, pins 1, 2 and 3 have plus signs! When we open the datasheet, we get this image: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/MEbtfts3T7beXjkTGoLU637d2V10mW2ahMGx2Fz5.png) Here we see that pins 1, 2 and 3 are indeed cathodes. We also see that the MARK is at pin 1, the cathode side. In the footprint, the MARK is at pin 1, but it has a plus sign. We can draw a conclusion that something is wrong here. We are always advised to follow the datasheet. And that would be the simplest thing to do. The simlest interpretation of this is that the plus and minus signs are wrong in the footprint. _But it gets worse,_ and this is either the same bug or a completely different bug, that's for JLCPCB, LCSC and maybe XINGLIGHT and EasyEDA to sort out. I ordered fifteen PCBs from JLCPCB, each one had three of these leds with component number C2843784. JLCPCB did the SMT assembly. When I got the boards, I noticed that the led was a completely different component. It was the type where you add voltage to any pair of anode/cathode pins and it starts to show a colour sweep pattern red-yellow-green-cyan-blue-magenta-red etc. With a help of an integrated chip inside the component. I have tried to explain this error to the after-sales support, but they haven't so far done anything to actually track down where the error has happened. As I see it, we have a few options here. 1. When JLCPCB made the SMT work on my board, they assembled the wrong reel of components.  2. JLCPCB used a reel with the correct product code, but the component provider (LCSC?) had made errors in labelling reels. I have tried to find the component in the catalogs, the component I actually got, with the IC chip and the sweeping colours, but haven't found it. 3. Xinglight, which is the manufacturer, has mixed their products and product codes. Reading further in the datasheet, we can see that in the image from the datasheet above, we can see the chip (IC). We can further see that the component reel is described. Unfortunately I don't speak or read Chinese, but the components pictured in the reel in the datasheet are not 5050 components, but something smaller. That gives an impression that the datasheet is not very accurate. And that the component information from Xinglight has been wrong from the very beginning. I only know that an error has been done somewhere. I leave it to JLCPCB to track down the error, because I have no way to actually track the error further.  I believe it's in everyone's interest to find the error.
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
"...I don't speak or read Chinese..." For info: You can use the camera icon in Google Translate on Android to translate from an image. Point it at some text and it overlays the translated text on your screen. It's not perfect but it may help.
Johan_Ha 1 year ago
Thanks. That worked like a charm. Google translate has really improved. It was like reading a Swedish manual. But sadly the content is really just about an ordinary rgb led array, exactly what the images imply. Nothing about a chip.
andyfierman 1 year ago
@johan_ha, Seen your PMs?
Johan_Ha 1 year ago
I finally found something in the datasheet, that slightly relates to the kind of component that was installed instead of the kind of component I thought I ordered. This is what Google Lens translated the title to: Product Name: 5050 -1.6T Colorful Slow Flash SMD LED But everything else in the datasheet describes a very standard SMD RGB LED.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice