You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
[Forecast]What's new of the next major version? It coming soon
6919 23
Tutorials 6 years ago
Dear our friends, We spent more than 4 months to develop a major version, and we will release this major version at a month later when it is ready. Now, let me tell you what's new of this version: - New Feature: - New website - New forum, New explore, New resource, New website search - Support follow user and team - Support send messages to user and team - New user center - Clear function modules: Project, Team, Modules, Libraries, Friend, Notification,Message, Recycle Bin - New project management - Support project archive - New team management - Support project and libraries and team transfer to others ![enter image description here][1] - New editor UI, - New editor menu, clear up Open and Import function - New icons - Separate the super menu ![enter image description here][2] - New Libraries Search - The clear libraries types - More information display - Improvement search, support LCSC part number search - Support display team and user libraries which were you followed ![enter image description here][3] - New document format - Libraries has global unique ID - New multi-schematics display, like a workbook of excel's - Global annotation - Document histories recover ![enter image description here][4] - New footprint manager - Support footprints' pad number display - Improvement layout ![enter image description here][5] - New projects display - Access-Control change to Add member - Support sort and stick project - Combine access control and team project to project panel ![enter image description here][6] - New Gerber generate dialog - Support PCB fabricate reference price online caculating - New gerber view website - PCB Order transfer to [JLCPCB](https:jlcpcb.com) ![enter image description here][7] - Improvement: - A lot of experience improvements and bug fixed. [1]: /editor/20180123/5a66f971405b4.png [2]: /editor/20180123/5a66f9cc8eb9b.png [3]: /editor/20180123/5a66fa007b20c.png [4]: /editor/20180123/5a66fa448b539.png [5]: /editor/20180123/5a66fa9748a54.png [6]: /editor/20180123/5a66fd7eeefe8.png [7]: /editor/20180123/5a67006d60493.png
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
Looks good and great work but some questions. 1. Will it be possible to search for parts by their tags? This will make it much easier to find simulatable parts. 2. Will it be possible to search for parts by descriptions? 3. Will it be possible to search for or filter parts by their package types? 4. Is there a Beta version to play with? :)
Tutorials 6 years ago
@andyfierman Yes Andy, search by tags will support that, need some time, 2 and 3 have supported at the major version, maybe 1 week later will release the alpha version to the public to test. :)
dimitar.kunchev 6 years ago
Cool! Can't wait to try it out :)
emmanuel.malosse 6 years ago
Cool ... It look very clear and fun ! Very good job ... It probably be pleasure to use it ;-)
stelgenhof 6 years ago
I just received my first PCB's made by JLCPCB and have to say the quality is amazing. The whole process from using EasyEDA to fabrication went so smooth. The new website is looking really nice and more refreshed. Can't wait to try it out. Keep up the good work!
docflash 6 years ago
I second stelgenhof's sentiment. I just got my first order, and it came out great. But what really blows my mind is that I ordered it on a Saturday evening and it was manufactured and got to me in California on Wednesday. How is that even possible? I'm looking forward to the next version. Keep up the good work, guys. Jeff
mars01 6 years ago
Hi, I've played a bit with this wonderful software, it will be good to have a desktop version. Basically, I save a lot (it is now a reflex) and each time I have to wait for the server (my internet connection is really fast, half a gigabit line, but I guess being on a different continent is relevant) which is a bit annoying. Having a desktop version will be faster when saving. Keep the cloud thing as an option in the software; BTW, the idea is great, but as an option. If the software can be run locally on a web server, it's fine by me (IIS or Apache or whatever). Now, what I would like to see in the new version will be: - ability to organize my parts (symbols) in different libraries; - in footprint manager I need to rotate both the symbol and the footprint so I can follow the connection lines between them and check them. Also each of the pictures (symbol and footprint) should have the pin names and pad numbers displayed for an easy identification when dealing with parts with many pin/pads. **In PCB editor:** - the protractor tool should have a property to enter the angle and automatically adjust the protractor angle after hitting enter key. Also it should have a property to specify the length of both lines that makes the protractor when placed on PCB. It is useful when dealing with building footprints with pads placed in a circle, since we don't have polar coordinates. - when laying traces, I should be able to split a trace on each direction change of a trace so I can delete only a portion of the trace and not the entire trace like it is case right now. One way to do it is to right click on the small circle that is displayed on each angle of the trace (where the trace change direction) and have an option saying "split trace here". When clicked we will now have two segment of trace instead of only one big trace as it was before splitting the trace. - I haven't seen a Keepout layer. It may be there, though. I could not see it when creating a mounting hole footprint, I wanted to add extra clearance around the hole, to keep ground planes outside of the screw head when the screw is in the mounting hole. - add ability to create a custom origin (besides the one already existing). Serves when one need to create an part with the origin in the center of the package. This custom origin will serve as a reference so we can place the real origin in the right place. - create a measuring tool so I can measure between point to point. It should be one small 'x' in both sides of the measuring line for precision placement. It does not need to stay placed, it could be only temporary: click and place first point on start point, place the cursor over the destination point and see in real time the dimensions, click again and it disappear when the mouse is released. Useful when checking footprints. - make the mouse cursor (one holding a trace or a line or center of a circle etc) snap to the a pad center when you hover over that pad area, regardless of the current global snap setting. Useful in a lot of use cases, especially when measuring. Good job until now, I think this software has much potential!!! Thanks, Marius
andyfierman 6 years ago
@mars01, Hi Marius, Good feedback thanks. I have some comments on your suggestions which may help. `I haven't seen a Keepout layer. It may be there, though. I could not see it when creating a mounting hole footprint, I wanted to add extra clearance around the hole, to keep ground planes outside of the screw head when the screw is in the mounting hole.` Probably not quite what you are asking for but you can do this manually by using the Solid Region set as a cutout. For an illustration of this see: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/WIsh_more_control_over_ground_pour-ImgyQJ1jB https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Copper_pour_hole_clearance-VRqCca8ud `add ability to create a custom origin (besides the one already existing). Serves when one need to create an part with the origin in the center of the package. This custom origin will serve as a reference so we can place the real origin in the right place.` Not sure if this is what you mean but... ![enter image description here][1] ![enter image description here][2] ![enter image description here][3] ![enter image description here][4] Click on the icon to start the tool, click on the canvas to place the origin and close the tool. `create a measuring tool so I can measure between point to point. It should be one small 'x' in both sides of the measuring line for precision placement. It does not need to stay placed, it could be only temporary: click and place first point on start point, place the cursor over the destination point and see in real time the dimensions, click again and it disappear when the mouse is released. Useful when checking footprints.` Again not exactly what you describe but: ![enter image description here][5] Click on the icon to start the tool. Left-click on the canvas at the start point then drag to show a dimension in any direction from the start point. Press `ESC` to close the tool without placing a dimension. Left or right click to end and place the dimension line. Press `ESC to end the tool. Select the dimension line and `DEL` to delete a dimension line. `make the mouse cursor (one holding a trace or a line or center of a circle etc) snap to the a pad center when you hover over that pad area, regardless of the current global snap setting. Useful in a lot of use cases, especially when measuring.` But it already does that. The exact behaviour is discussed here: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Pad_center_snap_region_a_little_too_large-7AuoiASas :) [1]: /editor/20180131/5a71c0afd0642.png [2]: /editor/20180131/5a71c074199cc.png [3]: /editor/20180131/5a71c121cc88a.png [4]: /editor/20180131/5a71c0e0c06aa.png [5]: /editor/20180131/5a71c21c4efdb.png
pentamaero 6 years ago
Great work, I can't say enough! I would like to see the the "boundary edge" move, when I bump into it when (say) I am dragging a part (instead of ramming into the side of the viewable area, and it just stops). It would keep a nice flow, if I didn't have to stop, zoom out, move again, and zoom in again for final placement. Also when selecting a new netport symbol (the pointed rectangle), although it is easy to rotate, I suggest if getting near a bunch of other, previously placed symbols, then it automatically aligns itself (just once, so you don't have to fight with it, if you have another intention) with the direction of the nearest previously placed netport. Being a new user, I'm not sure if you support autorouting an equal-length pair of traces (for high speed differential signals). Thanks Doug
andyfierman 6 years ago
@pentamaero, Hi Doug, `Being a new user, I'm not sure if you support autorouting an equal-length pair of traces (for high speed differential signals).` Not yet.
FrankCA 6 years ago
Great work guys and well done. I"m keen to try it but a question in advance: does/will it support component mounted attribute for pcb layout option? ie. dont place unmounted attribute components. Frank
Tutorials 6 years ago
@FrankCA Hi,The mount option only for BOM, when you convert to PCB, you can delete which you don't need .
mars01 6 years ago
Hi Andy, Thank you for taking the time to answer. I am trying now to train a friend of mine in using CAD tools, he had a limited experience with Eagle. Since I am an Altium user and the EasyEDA experience is like Altium (at least schematic side, it can be seen that the developer is an Altium user, too) I pushed him toward EasyEDA and help him along the way. Thanks for the links to the forum in regard of Keepout layer. I'll look on them since last evening I've tried to create a polygon pour and there were some nasty dash lines all around the perimeter. I ended up using a solid region instead but the drawback was the lack of thermal release, the via connection was direct. Also I seen that I was not constrained to 45 degrees angles when routing the perimeter of either polygon pour or solid region. But I've not looked very carefully (I was tired), I'll try again today. I've already seen the Canvas Origin (and used it) but what I was trying to do is to find a hack in order to place the origin in the exact center of a imaginary bounding box enclosing my footprint pads. This feat is done through a command in other EDA software (set origin in middle of Pad1 or set origin in the middle of the footprint). I've not tried enough so there may be a way around. The dimension tool that you are recommending is not a reliable way to measure because the arrow lines are too thick and there is a incertitude about where the measuring start and where it stop. Especially when the required precision is, let's say, around 0.1mm (less than 4mils). I've already tried that with unsatisfactory results. But searching around I did found what I needed, I mean the measuring tool. It's buried in the menus and can be called wit shortcut 'M'. One problem is solved. Regarding the mouse snapping to the pad center .... I will have to look more carefully. There is something that bother me there... I will make a more thorough report after I work a bit more on the software. One improvement that might be useful is that right now, in order to move a footprint on the PCB editor canvas, you need to pick it from the silkscreen. And if the silkscreen is made thin, it's difficult to pick it and move it around. Maybe the developer can make an invisible area around the silkscreen, one that is thicker than the silkscreen, making it easy to pick the part. Right now I have to make precision movements with the mouse, to put the tip of the mouse exactly on the line and then move it around. Imagine how hard it is to pick a 0402 component that has one little overlay (silk) line between the pads ... One other improvement will be if this software can print the negative of the PCB layout to help in doing the prototypes by UV method. Right now, in the help, they describe how to print the positive image for the toner transfer method of doing PCB's. The negative inversion should be done only within the board outline. Thanks again, Marius
andyfierman 6 years ago
Hi Marius, I too had forgotten about the `M` Hotkey. `...if this software can print the negative of the PCB layout...` There are a couple of workarounds to generate negatives of the layers. See the posts by **kmoller** and **kpsthakur** in: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How_to_negate_a_layer_for_hand_PCB_etching-sIsmEWdvN although they invert the whole image.
sarreq 6 years ago
looks good, but I'm really hoping for improvements in performance. it's currently quite slow and jerky
eduardoria 6 years ago
Any plans to 3D photoview?
Tutorials 6 years ago
@eduardoria Yes, this year we will release the 3D preview function.
ftree 6 years ago
Hi! 3D view would be great! :-) FYI. Copper is an amazing tool for Eagle users on Mac and iOS. http://www.copper-app.com/
Tutorials 6 years ago
@sarreq Hi Can you download your project and send to support@easyeda.com? I will check how slow it is.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@ftree Yes, we already contact this app author to develop the 3D viewer.thanks
limaconaudio 6 years ago
@Tutorials Wow! That is great news. Exciting times for EasyEDA! :-)
sgemma40 6 years ago
Como y en donde puedo adquirir este software completo? (que no sea la versión de prueba)
andyfierman 6 years ago
@sgemma40, EasyEDA es de uso gratuito para todos. No hay límite de tiempo o funcionalidad en ninguna parte de este. Lo único que tiene que pagar es si elige ordenar sus PCB directamente desde EasyEDA. No tiene que hacer esto porque puede descargar los Gerbers gratis para cualquier PCB de cualquier proyecto público que encuentre o cualquiera que haya diseñado usando EasyEDA y luego puede pedir el PCB a cualquier otro proveedor que desee utilizar. EasyEDA is free to use for everyone. There is no time or functionality limit on any part of it. The only thing you have to pay for is if you choose to order your PCBs directly from EasyEDA. You do not have to do this because you can download the Gerbers for free for any PCB from any public Project that you find or any that you have designed yourself using EasyEDA and then you can order the PCB from any other supplier that you wish to use.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice