You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Full BOM Parser with all Attributes
999 7
minn0w 6 years ago
Just in case this is of use to anyone, i made myself a scrip that creates a BOM list based on all attributes so i can add different manufacturers part numbers and have it all in the one place. https://leon.valkenb.org/EasyEDABOM/ Let me know if anyone wants the source, ill pass it on.
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
Hi minn0w, Your scrip looks useful but I don't understand what it does that: 1) Filling in the entries for the existing symbol attributes plus any others that you add using the `Add new parameter` button: ![enter image description here][1] and then: 2) Pressing the `Export BoM` button: ![enter image description here][2] does not already do? To illustrate why I am puzzled, here's an example of a project that exports a BoM which includes alternate parts, suppliers and part numbers all done from the symbol information and from within the Schematic Editor: https://easyeda.com/example/Automotive_12V_to_USB_5V_2A_output_power_adapter_-L1xrlfxrJ You do have to be consistent in the case and naming of additional parameter (attribute) Keys that you add. For example when you add a component description attribute, the Key word `Description` is not the same as the Key `description` so if there are two parts, one with one Key and one with the same Key but in a different case, the BoM will generate two columns, one for each Key. [1]: /editor/20171116/5a0d9af6c4946.png [2]: /editor/20171116/5a0d9b5303953.png
minn0w 6 years ago
One thing i absolutely loved about EasyEDA was that you can build a PCB without a schematic, and still have all the advantages of naming your nets. I assumed that what you said would work, but it didn't for me, and i believe it has something to do with my design not having a schematic. So i just built a quick script to do this.
andyfierman 6 years ago
So the EasyEDA Source file that has to be uploaded to your scrip is a PCB file? To which you have added all the relevant attributes to describe part numbers, suppliers, supplier part numbers and so on? But if you have added all the relevant information to each of the packages you have used in your PCB (using the same process as I described above for the schematic symbols) *then pressing the `Export BoM` button will generate a BoM for the PCB*. * Now, if you could adapt your scrip to generate a **Parts List** (with one instance of an item on each line) then *that* would be good. A BoM (all instances of each unique part on one line) is useful but you cannot use the `Mounted` attribute properly if some instance of a part are mounted but others of the same part are not. Whilst you can build a PCB without a schematic, we strongly recommend that you always start with a schematic. For more on this please see: https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/Welcome_to_EasyEDA-31e1288f882e49e582699b8eb7fe9b1f
minn0w 6 years ago
No file needs to be uploaded, as the text at the op of the page states, you jsut copy / paste the EsayEDA source. I have added many different custom attributes to my parts, and never seen them come through to the BOM that EasyEDA generates. I am going to try get my PCB assembled, and the SKU that the assembler uses is different to the ones that EasyEDA has present in my BOM. I wanted a unique attribute for each supplier, and one part can come from 3 different suppliers based on what i am doing with the PCB. Also, half my parts may come from a different supplier then the other half. I wanted to use the PCB to store all these attributes. But no matter what i try, only the basic ones come through to the BOM. I had dealt with that Mounted attribute by including it in the grouping, so non mounted parts would be on a different row to mounted parts. This way you can easily delete stuff with Excel until you have only what you need. I have just updated my script so that you can choose how the parts are grouped together. If you un-check all, the output will be all parts. The idea here is that my PCB will be the central store for all part details. I have also just added code to filter the results by the attribute prefix. So i can have an attribute for "LCSC SKU" and "Seeed SKU" and if i only wan the LCSC data, i can input "LCSC" and only be returned relevant values. Or just get all "BOM_" attributes. I must give my utmost compliments to the developers who made this web based tool. I think things like this will only ever become more browser based, and you have a good tool already. I know whats involved in making tools like this, in the browser, so i was amazed when i started using it. Another compliment is that its easy to use, I am a hobbyist, and 90% of the time i just want to build something quickly, and i have not found a better tool to do this than EasyEDA. For the other 10% use KiCAD.
minn0w 6 years ago
Having CSS `p {word-break: break-all;}` in the style makes this forum it really hard to read. If you are trying to prevent links from overflowing, use `p a {word-break: break-all;}`
andyfierman 6 years ago
Hi minn0w, I'll get back to you about the BoM generation from a PCB later... * Could you post your last post about the word break style as a Feature Request or maybe even a Bug Report? It's a very good point. Thanks, :)
andyfierman 6 years ago
@minn0w, I get it now. Adding extra parameters to symbols in the schematic which then appear in the BoM works OK but it does not when you do the same thing to the PCB. I expected the same behaviour when adding parameters to PCB packages as to schematic symbols but this is not the case. This maybe is not surprising since the EasyEDA workflow is based on all PCBs being generated from a schematic. However, given that EasyEDA does support the creation of a PCB without a schematic, I would expect the addition of new parameters to footprints directly in a PCB to be passed across when a BoM is generated. With this in mind, I have posted a Bug Report: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Parameters_added_to_packages_in_PCB_created_without_schematic_do_not_all_appear_in_BoM_-q2QqZzx75
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice