You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
High shipping prices
11276 17
sensorhost 5 years ago
Hi, long time EasyEDA user and customer ordering many, many boards and stencils over a few years. As of today I have decided to leave JLCPCB and have gone to PCBWAY as the JLCPCB freight prices have increased beyond reasonable prices. When the change from EasyEDA PCB manufacture to JLCPCB the price change a little higher, but this week the price for shipping is now 3 - 4 times higher. I have in my cart, 20x small boards (39x84mm) and 1 x frameless stencil. Shipping price is $69.60(DHL) and $42.42(E-Packet) for 0.96kg. What a joke! Same product just ordered from PCBWAY was only $29. What is interesting is I go to LCSC and I can ship parts by DHL for $19. I would appreciate if you can fix this unreasonable shipping pricing as it is no longer viable to purchase from you at the current rates. Maybe add more shipping options such as Fedex-IP and Fedex-IE or EMS?
Comments
lilyyang000 5 years ago
Hi, may I know which country are you from so that we can check the price for you? Or could you please kindly advise me your order number so that we can check? Besides, if the shipping cost increase, you can send e-mail to JLCPCB team([support@jlcpcb.com](mailto:support@jlcpcb.com)) for help, and they will figure out what the issue with for you, thanks!
lilyyang000 5 years ago
Hi, we check, if  it is 0.96 kg only, the shipping cost  for DHL shipping to Australia is $23.53 only, there maybe a little different to different country, but may not that much. Besides, there are options for shipping ways such as Fedex- IP, Fedex-IE and EMS already, but not available for every country at present, if you need it, we will take it into consideration, besides there will be also more shipping ways to choose from, so that the users have  more choices.Thank you so much!![QQ图片20181105150042.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/R2DiVjJzwFEKm7PJohtPvsT4CFH1fKX5lnqEyogu.png)
bwinter 5 years ago
I would agree that more shipping options would be great!  DHL has poor delivery.
sensorhost 5 years ago
Hi, I am located in Australia. I have attach screen capture just now of shipping cost. Can you please check as I like to use EasyEDA and JLCPCB. Thank you
sensorhost 5 years ago
![Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 5.18.05 pm.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/GjkR8Jte4QGirx9JcEBzEivRN8VJ6q06TCUiR48r.png)
sensorhost 5 years ago
Any updates on this please? I would like to place some orders but the shipping prices are a joke. Thanks
lilyyang000 5 years ago
Hi, Sorry to make you confused, we check, there is an extra for the remote area for DHL shipping,they charge extra fee for that, and you can confirm whether it is remote area on DHL's website([https://www.5idhl.com/express/remoteAreaAction.action?act=query](https://www.5idhl.com/express/remoteAreaAction.action?act=query) ).We did not charge that kind of fee before, but we update it on the website recently. We will make an update the website to show the cost with a detail for the consist of the charge, so sorry for that the confused caused~
andyfierman 5 years ago
@lilyyang000, Sorry but that does not really address the issue. There have been quite a lot of posts about the very high shipping costs of DHL. There have been replies to each one about the different fees for DHL to deliver from China to different parts of the world. Whilst that is true, if a customer can order their PCB from another manufacturer who can offer a total manufacturing + shipping cost that is less than JLCPCB, then they will order their PCBs from that other manufacturer. The real problem here is simply that the shipping costs using DHL are too high. They do not appear to be competitive with other shippers and that is losing business for JLCPCB.
sensorhost 5 years ago
I have now placed two orders from a competitor using Fedex IP and arrived in the same time as DHL for about $28. I understand that the price is from DHL so that is not JLCPCB problem. I would like to ask JLCPCB/EasyEDA to please add more shipping options if possible. I have always been very happy with the thousands of boards I have ordered through EasyEDA and have no complaints.
Frendor 5 years ago
I've said it before and i'll say it again! shipping prices are ridiculous. Here in the UK VAT/IMPORT DUTIES is calculated upon the TOTAL cost, that means shipping too, which is no joke when you get charged $60 for shipping alone. For me it's cheaper to place smaller multiple orders than to have them all shipped together. 1) There are no duties to pay on orders less than £35 2) Postage costs around $8 Via the train from China. (Takes around 10-15 days) 3) I'm not worried about insurance/tracking, the goods only become my responsibility once signed for! 4) If I need Components costing more than £33 I order them from Mouser USA! Why £33? Mouser will ship free of charge via FedEX express and pay all duties for you. I've placed orders with Mouser on a Thursday and have received them on a Tuesday! Frendor.
wuqimei 5 years ago
@Frendor   As below is the shipping cost from LCSC for order weight is less than 500g. Royal Mail is a good choice for small orders which the weight is less than 2.25kg. LCSC is considering to offer discounts on shipping or even free shipping for some orders. We are going to have this shipping discount activity for Black Friday in next week. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/4OHXnwTl86LDgTPujHHI4KdfvGP7eJQro89ePntl.png)
Frendor 5 years ago
Nice to know, I'll wait a few days before placing my order. Thanks wuqimei. Frendor.
MikeDB 5 years ago
@Frendor I agree with your comments.  In fact I've taken them to the extreme recently with a Bluetooth module I buy from China where it was cheaper to have 50 of them sent individually from China using China post than put all 50 in one package using DHL.  I can't wait to see the postman's face if they all arrive on the same day :-)
MikeDB 5 years ago
Just to add to this thread, something I didn't realise is that DHL charge more than all other carriers for their 'import duty collection service' - £11 or 2.5% whichever is greater.   Seems I've missed the delights of using DHL until this design but will be making sure everything comes by a cheaper carrier in future.
RClarke 5 years ago
I haven't ordered from JLCPCB in several months but I was just doing up an order now for ~400 small boards with shipping to Canada.. $100 USD by UPS, $115 USD by DHL... that seems outrageous to me for a few pounds worth of circuit boards. Do you guys like using PCBWAY?  I'm looking to switch to a different board maker, thanks for any tips..
Some Guy 4 years ago
Well currently JLCPCB and DHL charge ~80 euro for a 36 euro order after DHL adds their import duties... While I've always been satisfied with JLCPCB and have no doubt this order will be fine too, this will be the last time ordering as it's ridiculous that you pay over 200% for shipping... Hopefully you can make a better deal with DHL or find some company that can deliver for less than 80 euro... Mouser just delivered from Texas to West Europe within 36 hours for free, including import duties and taxes, why does DHL take a week while costing 80 euro...
JLCPCBsupport 4 years ago
@robinbaars94 I totally understand your opinion about how expensive our delivery service and you already suggested to refer to other delivery service rather than stick to DHL. BUT we consider that keeping our customers satisfied is our number one target and if we refer to other delivery companies we could face unsecured delivery process and slower delivery speed and also we could even face troubles in terms of shipping to our customers because some other companies could lose parcels due to them weak process so all these facts will cause unsatisfactory reaction of our partners. This is why we chose the best delivery companies to help our customers to get them orders in time. You have all the rights to say that DHL is expensive but JLCPCB provides different secured delivery options for different budgets. We are working on improving our logistics and delivery process and hopefully it will get better :) Your comment is so much appreciated and it is through your suggestions and thoughts that we progress and satisfy more our partners. Thank you :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice