You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Hole size for a pin socket
359 5
jeffv1000 1 year ago
Hi Everyone, I have a pin socket that has an outside diameter of 1.55 mm.  The purpose of using pin sockets is to allow me to plug in different components in my PCB without having to solder/unsolder/solder the part.  What hole size should I use in my footprint to accomodate this pin socket?  Note the outside diameter is 1.55 mm but the diameter of the lip on the top of the pin is 1.96 mm. Thank you in advance! ![Pin socket.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/PsaImAL8s3mfnnikJLH5a6EldHQRLQHHwTODBma7.jpeg)
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
Is the required PCB hole diameter not given in the datasheet for the socket?
jeffv1000 1 year ago
Hi Andy, Thank you for the quick reply!   Actually, I purchased the sockets at an electronics surplus store and I do not know the manufacturer or part number.  The sockets were in a large plastic unmarked bag. This is my first PCB.  Are there standard holes sizes for PCBs?  I found a list of hole size from a JLCPCB web page but it gave a min to max range and not specific hole sizes. Let me know your thoughts. Thx! JAV
andyfierman 1 year ago
There's no such thing as a standard hole size. Measure your socket dimensions as accurately as possible then search the web for something that looks close to your part. The datasheet for that part will give you the part the PCB hole dimensions. Some manufacturers to search: Amp-TE Connectivity Harwin Mill Max from suppliers such as Digikey, Mouser, Element14. <br> <br>
jeffv1000 1 year ago
Good idea...thx!
andyfierman 1 year ago
Forgot to say: look for zero profile single position sockets.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice