You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
How to draw a multi-layer pad with top pask mask
814 2
mwon 3 years ago
I have a PCB but the stencil that is drawn from it has some missing pads. The pads that are missing are the ones that I have defined as multi-layer pads. If I change these pads to the top layer, they show up in the top past mask layer but if I change again to multi-layer, it removes the pad from the top past mask layer, and consequently, the pad is not drawn in the stencil. How can I configure a multi-layer pad to be present at the top paste mask layer?
Comments
andyfierman 3 years ago
It is not normal practice to apply solder paste to through hole (multi-layer) pads. Can you use a paste mask to distribute enough solder paste to ensure that through hole components are soldered correctly if you IR reflow a board like that? Does the paste not just disappear into the hole and then get wasted when the through hole component lead is inserted?
andyfierman 3 years ago
To answer your question: You can add a solid region to the paste mask layer over each pad that you want paste applied to or you can edit the Footprints that then place the affected pads onto your PCB. Either way is tedious but the latter a bit less so. I haven't checked but is may be possible to do Find Sikilsr objectsvto select the relevant pads and then apply a positive Solder Mask expansion to them via the attribute in the right hand panel. If that attribute is not present, try adding it and then setting a value. * Always generate, download and check using gerbv, a test set of Gerbers.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice