You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Is it ok for Silkscreen to go on a copper area/layer?
2087 4
skunksoftware 4 years ago
I have silkscreen on the bottom and top layers. On the top layer I use a GND copper pour over the layer. This is my first PCB, I'm learning and I learned that silkscreen over SMD pads is bad.  **Is it ok to silkscreen on top layer with a copper pour?** I will be using the default PCB setup (default settings for PCB quote).
Comments
MikeDB 4 years ago
Is anything being soldered to the copper pour ?  If not then silkscreen is fine.
skunksoftware 4 years ago
@MikeDB **Thank you Mike!**   So a rule of thumb, _silkscreen is fine if it ain't on a 'solder spot'._
Voltar99 4 years ago
@skunksoftware It's ok to have silkscreen anywhere, including off the board!  The Gerber generation masks it off automatically.  You'll see this when you do a Gerberview. V
andyfierman 4 years ago
It is not good practice to place silkscreen where it will overlap the exposed copper of any pads. The silkscreen is to define the outline of the component including any package and placement tolerances. It is also to illustrate the outline so that components can be placed far enough apart to allow for access for rework. It is therefore not good practice to place components where the silkscreen will overlap the edges of the board because this may result in the component itself overhanging or at least being too close the board edge. There is also usually a minimum spacing required between the physical edges of the PCB and the edges of any copper tracks and planes so placing components too close to the PCB edge may violate the minimum copper to edge spacing. Some library parts have badly designed silkscreen that makes overlapping the PCB edge unavoidable but they should be reported as errors and redrawn with the overhanging parts on the Document or possibly the Mechanical layer.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice