You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
JLCPCB Order: Upload Gerber with Copper area failed
1538 15
TomPilot 4 years ago
I have a large board (390x137mm). If I upload this board without any copper areas, then all is fine. The preview is displayed immediately. But, if I upload the same Board with no changes but with 2 copper areas (top/bottom), then ... no preview, and the audit failed (after I placed the order manually). It seems that something is wrong. I've tested it with a direct order (button inside EasyEDA Software), and also with exported Gerbers. I can not do anything wrong, because all checks are ok, and the EasyEDA Software is doing his job. So, why it's working without copper areas, and way it's not working with copper areas.
Comments
TomPilot 4 years ago
I've found the bug. It is not possible to upload large PCB Files with copper areas. You have to cut the board in ~16-20 pieces. Then it works. But only over the File Manager. If you exported it over the EasyEDA Software, then it's not working. And... you have to wait ~10-15 Minutes for the Preview Images. Then you can select the File in the File Manger to place an order. Very very complicated. This should be fixed :-)
TomPilot 4 years ago
Checked EasyEDA Upload Gerber Analysis Output: "Can not identify the board outline" Definitely something with the Software is going wrong. Because as I said, without Copper Area all is working fine, and I can place an order.
TomPilot 4 years ago
Test with some Online Gerber Viewers, and with gerbv. There all is ok. Only the EasyEDA Online Order Gerber-Viewer can not build it "Can not identify the board outline". It would be fine if someone could fix that.
TomPilot 4 years ago
I've also tested the Gerber Files with AllPCB, PCBWay and Elecrow. No Problems with the files. If there is no solution for this bug, then I have to order the big PCBs from another manufacturer. I actually don't want that because all orders have gone smoothly with EasyEDA so far.
cjohnson 4 years ago
@TomPilot Have you emailed support@jlcpcb.com? @JLCPCBSupport can you help this person out?
TomPilot 4 years ago
 No, but this would be fine. I will send you an email.
TomPilot 4 years ago
I've send an Email to the support, and with the Gerber File as an attachment.
TomPilot 4 years ago
I think the Open Source Online Gerber Analyser that EasyEDA is using can not handle "large files" with Copper Areas (Java Low Memory? Low Server specs? => Timeout?). It seems that PCBWay and AllPCB are using an other Gerber File Analyser. Their Online Analyser is fast as hell :-) (no matter how big the PCB is). In 500ms you will see the preview with all data.
cjohnson 4 years ago
@TomPilot I don't work for JLC, just trying to help you out haha. Hopefully they can get your issue resolved.
TomPilot 4 years ago
Yeah, support tells me there's no solution for that. You're supposed to just ignore all the bugs and upload the file. The manufacturing process would still work. But the whole thing is not very nice. Because with all other manufacturers the Gerber files don't cause any problems and the preview works perfectly. I will try that out. But if that doesn't work, then I'll have to switch.
TomPilot 4 years ago
Also, JLC has not all SMT components I need (very often and usually very expensive), and they have no solder service for not SMT components PCBs. There is one manufacturer out there who has all this and is really cheap.
TomPilot 4 years ago
And there is no Offline Mode with the EasyEDA Software. If I have no internet... I can do nothing. And the few bugs with the software. All in all, it's just getting to be too much to bother me. 95% of JLC does everything right, but the missing 5% hurt more and more.
TomPilot 4 years ago
I've downgraded EasyEDA back to 6.2.446 Now the new Bugs are gone :-) One step in the right direction. But Offline working is not possible.
ilya 4 years ago
same problem "Can not identify the board outline"
JLCPCBsupport 4 years ago
@ilya   Does your design have Profile layer (Outline layer  ) ?Or you can send the gerber file to our [support@jlcpcb.com](mailto:support@jlcpcb.com)  .
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice