You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Linux install, which folder is the one to decompress ?
1213 23
cdrhd1500 3 years ago
Referring to the new easy EDA program you can download, I have downloaded for Linux and found a install instruction document, but sadly it does not provide any detail as to which folder is the one to decompress. Rather it states ``` 1.Excute the Terminal at the decompress folder, normally hotkey CTRL+ALT+T(You need to use command 'cd' to change the terminal patch to decompress directory). You don't need to decompress the easyeda-linux-x64.zip file. ``` Attached screen shows some folders, of which there are more folders within those folders.... presently unable to find which folder...  Help ![Screenshot from 2020-11-28 13-50-21.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/E2G3vdolQz4RTlwqHnnrkKx5fa6HYxsqPCCiXmJ1.png)
Comments
UserSupport 3 years ago
The download one
cdrhd1500 3 years ago
@UserSupport Can you be more specific which folder is the one please, is there an image showing which folder ?
UserSupport 3 years ago
You already unzip the file, then you can see this readme.txt just follow the readme.txt to install the client.
cdrhd1500 3 years ago
Sorry but I am none the wiser, the first post shows the folders unzipped , which as can be seen -do not contain a readme.txt file ?
UserSupport 3 years ago
Sorry, it is How to install and uninstall.txt Install: 1.Excute the Terminal at the decompress folder, normally hotkey CTRL+ALT+T(You need to use command 'cd' to change the terminal patch to decompress directory). You don't need to decompress the easyeda-linux-x64.zip file. 2.Input a command at the terminal sudo bash install.sh or sudo sh install.sh 3.Enter, and input the login password of your operation system(will not show the charater), enter. 4.Waiting for installing finish. After finish, you can find it on your system Uninstall: 1.Input a command at the terminal sudo bash uninstall.sh or sudo bash install.sh 2.Enter, and input the login password of your operation system, enter. 3.Waiting for uninstalling finish.
cdrhd1500 3 years ago
Thank you for that, but we are still at square one, namely where exactly is the decompress folder, in order to execute a terminal  ?
UserSupport 3 years ago
I believe that is very clear. It is folder easyeda-linux-x64-6.4.7, open the terminal here
cdrhd1500 3 years ago
Thank you, the install instructions may be clear, but in reality do not function without many other steps, that are not explained.  A zip file is not opened in a terminal, a zip file rather is opened in an application, of which a terminal is not an application. Linux unlike other lesser operating systems is very concise and correct,  with how it works. As I see it, the Linux install of easy EDA needs to be amended to have a method of installing from a folder that becomes available as a result of extracting files in Linux Archive Manager, it would then comply with the orderly way in which Linux functions, which disallows zip files directly being opened in a terminal. It would appear running command  sudo apt install zip unzip    gets you part of the way there. If I can find the rest, I will let the forum know.
mrtom528 3 years ago
@cdrhd1500 I think you've jumped ahead too far here. The image you posted is of the contents of the zipped file that the instructions say you do **not** need to unzip. The so called 'decompress' folder is one up from that in your image, the original downloaded file....unzipped, where 'How to install and uninstall.txt' resides. Open a terminal and point it to that folder, which also contains the 'install.sh' file. Following the instructions from step 2 should then install the client....I don't use Linux so I'm guessing that's what will happen. From what I can tell there is no need to unzip any other folder than the original downloaded file. Regards.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@cdrhd1500, Sorry but as @mrtom528 has said, you are way overthinking this. There is no need to invoke: `sudo apt install zip unzip` because just about all linux distrubutions pre-install archive management tools of one sort or another. To help you and other linux users out I have created a little step by step tutorial here: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-install-the-Desktop-Client-in-Linux-ef9bb98736b641f4bfd86c7f6e9396b4](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-install-the-Desktop-Client-in-Linux-ef9bb98736b641f4bfd86c7f6e9396b4)
cdrhd1500 3 years ago
Thanks but did not work for me, as yet. I will keep trying ![Screenshot from 2020-11-29 19-36-32.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/3OBJqBcaeLoJCFXMAdvx0yMcwVMIFx8Fs71bWJzx.png)et
andyfierman 3 years ago
@cdrhd1500, What linux distribution are you running?
andyfierman 3 years ago
@cdrhd1500, As has already been explained, **you do not decompress the easyeda-linux-x64.zip archive.** Just download the Desktop Client zip from the EasyEDA Desktop Client page then unzip it into a convenient folder in my example that folder is called EasyEDA). Then open a terminal **in** **that** **folder** and do: `sudo` `sh` `install.sh` And that's it, you're done.
mrtom528 3 years ago
@cdrhd1500 To me, a non-linux user, it still looks like you are targeting the wrong folder... **~/Easy EDA/easyeda-linux-x64** ...unless you coincidentally saved the downloaded file, **easyeda-linux-x64-6.4.7.zip**,  into a folder of the exact same name as the included zip file...**easyeda-linux-x64.zip** Your folder structure should be like this: A folder in which you unzipped **easyeda-linux-x64-6.4.7.zip** **.** **.** easyeda-linux-x64.zip How to install and uninstall.txt install.sh uninstall.sh It is here, "A folder in which you unzipped **easyeda-linux-x64-6.4.7.zip**", that you need to point the terminal to and run the 'sudo bash install.sh' command. There is no need to unzip any file other than the original downloaded **easyeda-linux-x64-6.4.7.zip** Apologies if I am reading it totally wrong. Regards.
mrtom528 3 years ago
@andyfierman I'm reading that path correctly then? LOL. Regards.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@mrtom528, Yup. Nothing can save you now because you're on the slippery slope to linux Gurudom. :) Btw, in most(?) Linux distros,  you can use the `sudo` `sh` `install.sh` form of the command... Ah. Now you definitely know too much and so we are both doomed to meet in Dependency Hell!
cdrhd1500 3 years ago
@andyfierman I am running Mint Debian 3
cdrhd1500 3 years ago
I have had partial success by copying both the sh install,sh file and the entire  zip folder into the folder created by unzipping, an un holy alliance possibly, but rather than nothing  it then at least provides the following terminal, however the launcher then is not available in the menu ?  Will keep on trying ![Screenshot from 2020-11-30 23-39-33.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/mjoBNuOA7at7wGggXJtZsEaiJuZARwD9Re7JuJe8.png)
cdrhd1500 3 years ago
And from there , finding the Easy EDA folder in File system USR share applications and opening it, works.  I will show the steps Firstly I moved the complete Easy EDA download file into the folder i created, as outside of the folder as it unpacks it appears the terminal cannot find the sh install,sh file, Here is how it looks ![Screenshot from 2020-12-01 00-43-58.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ruetMYWQiGAPE65tpphxS0ldKDdoPC4R1DQtEcQU.png) So needs the zip file complete in order for the terminal to begin inflating and installing, achieved by copying the zip file into the easy EDA file , here is how that looks, see both the zip file and the sh install.sh file are there ![Screenshot from 2020-12-01 00-43-19.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/VMcFguZMX69n745aGyth5TVCwnHGqXdXnz6aA0z9.png) You then can open a terminal at the Easy EDA folder and run command sh install.sh Finally you then need to go to your file system  its usr/share/applications folder  and find the easy EDA symbol which looks like ![Screenshot from 2020-12-01 00-47-35.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/YuYsFk8o7SbpwdwxkS57MHqSh90dBwhch6xHOjyU.png)
cdrhd1500 3 years ago
And it then works as seen here. Thanks to all those who helped, it would appear not all Linux distro's automatically work as Andy's instructions provided, but never the less as I discovered, just need the steps above, noting I created a Easy EDA folder and allowed Archive manager to extract the files in order for them to be within the Easy EDA folder to subsequently open a terminal and run sudo sh install.sh    Hope that helps others
andyfierman 3 years ago
@cdrhd1500, I'm sorry but you are not following the instructions you have been given at least three times by different people now. * _**You should not be doing anything in a folder called:**`easyeda-linux-x64`_ * **_Given all that you have done, I have no idea what you partial installation will look like so the safest thing to do is to completely uninstall your current Desktop Client._** **_To__uninstall the Desktop Client__, please follow these steps exactly._** 1) Go into your Easy EDA folder and open a terminal: You created a folder called **Easy EDA** so your **Easy EDA** folder should look like my **EasyEDA** folder: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Nrw77VUvZ3jaIKnUIXf5vJqUp28lYQ9fkPrM4law.png) 2) Then you right click in this folder and open a terminal: ![image.png](https://image.easyeda.com/pullimage/rhqLN0wwBVzUVrPLMvY7XKwMjHilESa7m5aIxjRY.png) 3) And when that terminal opens do: sudo sh uninstall.sh 4) and enter your password: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/xWWPB8xFAPrOfjH5bLi3t56Ec5u0cRUbd9Hs3pI5.png) 5) Wait until the command prompt reappears then close the terminal window. **Now, to install the Desktop Client:** 6) You created a folder called **Easy EDA** so your **Easy EDA** folder should look like my **EasyEDA** folder: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Nrw77VUvZ3jaIKnUIXf5vJqUp28lYQ9fkPrM4law.png) 7) Then you right click in this folder and open a terminal: ![image.png](https://image.easyeda.com/pullimage/rhqLN0wwBVzUVrPLMvY7XKwMjHilESa7m5aIxjRY.png) 8) And when that terminal opens if you run the: `ls ` command then you will see the contents of the EasyEDA folder: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/RLQQcCKs6DLUF1oF85bXUZfOJi7ydt9eMqJaUJoZ.png) So that is just 4 files. 9) Next **in the same terminal** you do: `sudo sh install.sh` ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/NJdLgdCPMVPjjuT8BsqXBaslTiCHk2tKL6Bgl9vk.png) 10) Then enter your password: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/reeF6rWUBstf47KtUGt4rcuDSVWBwm3n1D2H558b.png) 11) There should be a screenful or two of information and then you will end up with a screen like the one you posted above: ![Screenshot from 2020-11-30 23-39-33.png](https://image.easyeda.com/pullimage/mjoBNuOA7at7wGggXJtZsEaiJuZARwD9Re7JuJe8.png) 12) If you then look in your Main Menu you should see a new launcher called EasyEDA. 13) If you do not, try logging out and back in again or rebooting. If a new launcher called EasyEDA still does not appear, Linux Mint has help that you can consult to create a new Menu item.
cdrhd1500 3 years ago
Thank you, but It is working perfectly already, the only addition I made was to copy the usr/share/applications Easy EDA folder to my desktop where it is now opened from, as it presently refuses to be part of a Menu structure, but is very happily working from the desktop. I don't mind it being there. Here it is working in Offline Mode ... perfectly , so thank you but what I found was the only way it would install without changing my Linux distro ( Mint Debian 3 ) Hence there are differences, that need to be celebrated, rather than excluded or thought of as incorrect or dare I say naughty.   The difference would appear to be the way folders are pointed to with the terminal. It would appear Ubuntu with which your distro is built upon , is differently written as a program with Application Terminal,  to Debian which I use.  The method I found, simply worked around the way terminal points when opening a file. One happy user here, Thank You ![Screenshot from 2020-12-01 03-41-12.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/vGFhNN2gOioQik0YwECUhFOb5wldX1ENVgl6fpHc.png)
andyfierman 3 years ago
@cdrhd1500, It is good news that you have managed to cobble together a working installation but you have done so in a way that will have made a mess of your filing system. Given your early statement about: "Linux unlike other lesser operating systems is very concise and correct, with how it works." copying your system folder usr/share/applications onto your Desktop is completely unneccessary since the installation steps for LMDE3 are **exactly** the same as I have described in detail for Linux Mint MATE edition and (since I have just tested it) for LMDE4.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice