You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Matte black soldermask?
3364 7
adamalfath 4 years ago
Hello, Does anyone know if JLCPCB still making PCB with matte black soldermask instead of glossy?
Comments
pcb_Service 4 years ago
Dear Sir, This is Eunice Yin from JLCPCB group, matte black is no available now because it is easy to get scratched. Currently the black solder mask we use is a little bit special, it has the characters of both matte and glossy, very special JLCPCB black color. I advise you to have a try with this color. Thanks for your support to us. Any question just feel free to contact with [support@jlcpcb.com](mailto:support@jlcpcb.com) Best Regard Eunice Yin
cjohnson 4 years ago
The current black soldermask color is very close to matte. I ordered some boards recently and they look amazing in this color. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/DzzWJIwfOfaHjV4U0TiogaqEzzHdJBuC5lkeaSrK.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/nqrwOC7QAs4UpfBz48gq71WuIOqQAOxFCrcI1NFS.png)
MikeDB 4 years ago
@cjohnson How rugged is this new black ?   I had real problems with the old matte black which is probably why they stopped using it.  Even my flux cleaner spray used to remove some of the resist so it was useless.   I'd actually prefer a gloss black but nobody seems to offer that so I'm currently using gloss red.
cjohnson 4 years ago
@MikeDB I'm using them on an automotive application (if it wasn't obvious from the silkscreen), and they are holding up well in an exposed environment. I conformal coat my boards prior to putting them in a shrinkwrap tube. The conformal coating makes them look glossy, so that's one way you could get a glossy finish (and some extra protection).
MikeDB 4 years ago
@cjohnson Just what I wanted to hear.  I tried spraying the old matte black board and it slightly dissolved the solder resist !    I'll get a sample made in this new black next time I order from them. Thanks
adamalfath 4 years ago
@pcb_Service @cjohnson Thanks for the information, it's clear up my confusion. Because the website just put "black" on soldermask but many other recently posted a pic of matte black like color, not glossy one from around early 2019. Definitely will try.
cjohnson 4 years ago
@adamalfath I've been very satisfied with my black PCB's.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice