You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Milling slots, minimum diameter?
1839 2
theouiqdmw 3 years ago
Hello, in my next project I would like to have buttons pressed with a front mounted pcb. I mean, one way to do it is drill a hole and make the button go through the pcb. but the way i'm after could be to have a slot milled in the top board to make a "pad" that slightly flexes and in turn presses the button below it. obviously for this to work the board should be slim (i'm thinking around .6mm thickness would do) but the actual question would be how small can I draw the milled slot to form the "pad", since smaller the shank used to mill, the better the result :) in this image you can see what my question is about: ![Demo.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/1pubnQPPMrcSnmfUwKoUyOGvc89E2yLa3Lrszklc.jpeg) Here you can see I have drawed a slot to make the button pads with 1mm shank in mind, but I am wondering if you support such a small milling, or even if you can do smaller. If you don't support sub 1mm (or even 1mm) milling, what would be the smallest diameter that I could use in the design for the milled slot? Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Comments
theouiqdmw 3 years ago
I just got an email from jlcpcb wich answered this question :) The smallest milling diameter they can do is 1mm, so a design like mine can be produced by jlcpcb :D Thank you for the support!
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
@theouiqdmw I totally understand you creative idea which could be produced by JLCPCB, I advice you to enforce the bottom side of your board with some small spring if possible to avoid any damages that could occur by accident (like damaged button). I like your designed idea, keep going and let me know if I can further assist you.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice