You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
New User EasyEDA Questions
476 8
frank2644 2 years ago
Using EasyEDA desktop V6.4.19.4 on Windows 10. So far I am very impressed with the ease of use and overall capabilities of EasyEDA. Question 1:  When I right click on the open project folder the drop menu does not include "Version". See screen print below. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/nEBw6pwc6buOUZcw4U4IVHKou5aYEfyJCSxVQ5KW.png) Question 2. Sometimes I want to make a temporary schematic change and see how the PCB is effected. However, I don't want to save the schematic yet as I want to see the PCB result first. Is there a way to avoid the save step? Thank you, Frank
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
1) I can't find any reference to it but I  think this feature is either not supported in Projects offline mode in the Desktop Client or maybe the 88 version of Chrome is too old (though I'm not sure how you update it in the Desktop Client). 2) Sorry but you cannot forward annotate unsaved schematic changes into the PCB.
frank2644 2 years ago
When I make changes to the schematic and then update the PCB sometimes it results in major PCB revisions often undoing my manual PCB adjustments. Occasionally, I decide that my change is not worth the effort and I want to undo things, and that's what this question is about. I'm beginning to think I should be using the online version because that seems to have better capability. I chose the Desktop version thinking it would be faster. Any opinions on which type I should use (online or Desktop)? Which is more popular? Thanks, Frank <br> <br> <br> <br>
andyfierman 2 years ago
"When I make changes to the schematic and then update the PCB sometimes it results in major PCB revisions often undoing my manual PCB adjustments." The schematic is the master document in EasyEDA. Start with a complete, fully annotated (footprints, supplier info, part numbers, etc.) schematic, checked against the essential checklist and only then covert it to PCB. Any changes needed to connectivity or Footprints must be done in the schematic, checked then passed in to the PCB using Update PCB. Routing and placements can be changed in the PCB but do not change connectivity or Footprints in the PCB. That is a recipie for disaster.  I cannot advise on web vs. Desktop versions as I mostly use the web based version.
frank2644 2 years ago
@andyfierman Thank you. I'm trying the online version now and now see the "Backup Project" option. Unfortunately, it only allows backup once a day and that's probably to slow for my fallback needs. OTOH, the Document Recovery Recovery option seems to work better than the Desktop version, so maybe this handles my fallback issues. Although it's possible, as a new user, any confusion might be on my part. Anyway, I think the Online version looks promising. BTW, again maybe it's my fault, but I'm having a tough time finding seemly simple setting/controls, and questions.. Like changing measurement units to inches. I would think this would be easy to lookup, but I struggled for a while before eventually finding it under View. In general, I do searches of the forums and documents, but I'm wondering if there is a better way? Thanks, again, Frank
andyfierman 2 years ago
As suggested in: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a)<br> <br> the native search tools in EasyEDA are not great so you can try to do web searches (using Google and Bing) prefixed with "EasyEDA". This often turns up stuff that the native searches miss. Units are set in the upper right hand panel in the PCB Editor canvas. You can always right-click > download a zipped project to your local storage as an additional backup.
frank2644 2 years ago
@andyfierman , Hmmm,  the units setting as you describe was right under my nose...  Maybe I've lost a step or two as I approach my 80th birthday. I was using Google exactly as you describe, but 99% of the hits were on the EasyEDA Web pages so I subconsciously began using the native EasyEDA search feature. I see now using your Google technique would also have quickly answered my units setting question. Thank you. Frank P.S. love the download suggestion (quick and easy).
microchip2026 2 years ago
estoy usando en modo simulacion.Como puedo hacer que funcione un componente de spice library en mi circuito.Al hacer la simulacion no reconoce el componente.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@microchip2026, Tu pregunta no tiene nada que ver con este tema. Vuelva a publicar su pregunta como un tema nuevo en la categoría de simulación. Para obtener información sobre el uso de la simulación en EasyEDA, lea el Tutorial de simulación. Your question has nothing to do with this topic. Please repost your question as a new topic in the Simulation Category. For information about using simulation in EasyEDA,  please  read the Simulation Tutorial. <br> <br>
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice