You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
PCB only coloured on one side
1685 7
pvint 6 years ago
I received my order of PCBs which I ordered in black as they are a front panel, and the boards are only black on the one side (it was the "top" in the layout). Rather disappointing since now I have $100 of useless boards... see images. When I generated the gerbers and uploaded I did so as a 2 sided board, although there are actually no electrical connections on the back. The system changed it automatically to single-sided, which I presumed was fine. Questions: 1\. Is it normal for a board to only be coloured black on one side? 2\. Is this a result of something I did or did not do? 3\. Is it a result of the board being changed to single\-sided? Thanks ![IMG_20180410_200435.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/FxpvNjKkJ1HrdLFlKABWwA5FEyFmv1cF7N8fJCAx.jpeg) ![IMG_20180410_200444.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/8Mo6LpfEhgz2f580kUUBPNi8ikv2DziAIQmPl14P.jpeg)
Comments
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi I have transferred this message to JLCPCB, they will help to solve this order problem. thanks.
andyfierman 6 years ago
Is this because the PCB was ordered as a single sided (copper) PCB so there was no need to put a (coloured) solder resist mask on both sides?
pvint 6 years ago
Andy - I was wondering that too? Anyway - I contacted support, and I got a fast reply that they were looking into it, and soon after they offered to re-fab it. I still would like to find out if there was something I could have done to prevent it, but it's all good. This is the first time I have had a need to contact support, and I must say that I am impressed! Thanks for the replies
koosjr 6 years ago
pvint, if I would have selected a board on order to be black, I would also want it black both sides regardless if there are copper layers or not. I also use PCB's to make front panels. Works brilliant. I usually orders mine to be blue and up to now I got them blue both sides copper layers or not. I am afraid, JLCPCB have a LOT of issues they need to sort out.
pvint 6 years ago
@koosjr   That's what I expected too, I think it was simply an error on their end. And yes, it's a brilliant way to make a sharp looking panel!  The good news is: After contacting them they are making a new batch, and they even let me add a couple changes in first!
Joseph Massimino 6 years ago
The EasyEda system should give warnings that can be turned off once users get used to the way things are done. Having a board made in order to discover an error is a costly process.
pvint 5 years ago
Just wanted to follow up on this: When I contacted support I got prompt replies, and quickly got an offer to re-fab it. I had a few changes I wanted to make, and they even waited for me to upload my new gerbers. I'm a VERY satisfied customer now. Sure, it was disappointing that there was an issue, but they resolved it promptly and without trouble. Great service! ![IMG_20180502_184338.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/adnjOZbMUtbI89CW9nwO1vitkbabcE5NfAnJ3il7.jpeg)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice