You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
PCB Assembly
5960 18
apajkan 7 years ago
Hello, I've designed a simple PCB and I would like to have it fabricated, but also assembled and delivered with all the components mounted and ready to start working as soon as it arrives. I've added to my cart the fabrication - how to add assembly and shipping cost (clicking the link about shipping does not provide the needed information)? Thank you, regards, Aleksandar p.s. And, also a thank you for making this possible - the whole idea of EasyEDA is awesome! Thanks, really.
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi Aleksandar, Welcome to EasyEDA. The easiest way to do this is to send an email to Support to ask for a quote. It will help to keep the cost down if you can use components from the EasyEDA Components library. These will also contain all the necessary information fields, fully completed so that all the required information will be automatically put into the BoM so it saves you time and helps reduce mistakes. Please see https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Essential_checks_before_placing_a_PCB_order-UuohztL3l before placing your order. :)
apajkan 7 years ago
Thank you Andy, thank you very much indeed. It's a great thing you guys have going on here - glad to be a part of it. This is just a simple test board (you are welcome to investigate - it's publicly available via my EasyEDA profile, bjt_astable project) to see how everything goes: design, fabrication, payment, delivery, etc. I went through the list of recommendations, now I am contacting support about the parts. Regards, Aleksandar
andyfierman 7 years ago
Aleksandar, Beware that your PCB does not look quite right! The schematic looks OK but the LED footprints on the PCB are reveresed. A quick look at the BoM info on your schematic suggests that you have not selected the parts from the EasyEDA Components correctly. The way to use these parts is to first do: **SHIFT+F** and then select and place the parts into your schematic from there: ![enter image description here][1] This then places the part into the schematic and fills in all the necessary fields such as supplier, part number and, most importantly, the PCB footprint. Since all the EasyEDA Components have complete schematic symbols and also PCB footprints, this ensures that when you convert the schematic to PCB, the PCB imports all the correct footprints. I would like to suggest that you delete your components in the schematic and then follow the procedure above to replace them with EasyEDA Components. Then click on `Update PCB`: ![enter image description here][2] to update all the PCB footprints in your existing PCB layout. You may have to do a little redrawing in the schematic and/or the PCB but at the end of it, you will have a project that will be correct to your schematic. [1]: /editor/20161227/5861564c8d89b.png [2]: /editor/20161227/5861577bbd512.png
apajkan 7 years ago
Hello Andy, thanks once more - I made a mistake of just selecting EasyEDA as supplier in the Properties menu of each component. I will be working on getting this done the right way today and tomorrow. If you don't mind, I'll let you know once I finish to take a short peak if you can spare some time. Best regards, Aleksandar
andyfierman 7 years ago
Aleksandar, Glad to have caught your PCB before you submitted the order! I'll try to fit in a quick look when you think it's ready to go. :)
andyfierman 7 years ago
Oh, and very pleased you like EasyEDA. A huge amount of work has been put into getting it this far and we hope to be able to keep improving it.
apajkan 7 years ago
Hello Andy, it's been a while, you probably forgot all about this conversation :) Nevermind, it's my fault, I never got to finalize that astable multivibrator (one of these days, I promise). However, I did do another board - available via my profile, titled Common emitter amplifier. I followed your advices this time (rereading this thread) and got all parts from EasyEDA. However, I had some issues. For example, I just couldn't find a 1k resistor with 5% tolerance and power rating of 0.25 W. So I put a 1.2 as a placeholder. Is there one, or I just keep the board like this and ask you guys to assemble the 1k instead? Also, all of the resistors seem a bit to large - the througholes are, I think, a bit to far from each other - maybe I am wrong here. I would like to have three jumpers delivered with each board - as I want the user to be able to include or exclude the capacitors: CC, CE, CCE. How can these be added to the BOM? Finally, I found only a BC547B there. Is there a BC547C somewhere or should we just keep it in the schematic and manually change the BOM? Your automatic calculator tells me $8.21 for 10 of these - can you please add the price of components and assembly? As this is for a laboratory (I am a teaching assistant and I want to decrease the time my students spend breadboarding the circuit, as the focus for this exercise is the frequency analysis) I don't really care about the manufacturer of components, nor their precision (especially since I am paying all of this by myself). Therefore, please feel free to suggest, if possible, cheaper components. Thanks a lot in advance, regards, Aleksandar Pajkanovic
andyfierman 7 years ago
The cost difference between 2% and 5% resitors is very small these days so call up the values you want and don't worry about the tolerances. I'm not sure but the hole spacings may have been created for easy assembly rather than compact layout. To add jumpers, place 2 pin, 3 pin or - for a 3 way jumper - a 6x2 pin header, track them as you need on the PCB and then either buy suitable jumper connectors to plug onto them or simply do not fit the headers and have you students solder the wired links in place. If you want to use headers with jumpers then make a copy of the header PCB footprint, save it with a unique name and then add an extra user part number parameter to it to call up the jumper in addition to the header so that in the BoM it calls up the header and the jumpers. Or create a schematic symbol (and suitable PCB foorprint) for the jumpers as componemts and add the schematic so that the headers and the jumpers both appear in the BoM. If you cannot find a part in the `EasyEDA Components` library then place a suitable symbol associate it with a suitable PCB footprint and edit the schematic symbol name to the one you want and add a not in `Remarks` when you submit the PCB to point out that the device(s) is(are) not from the EasyEDA Components selection. You will then be quoted for theses parts as part of the overall price.
apajkan 7 years ago
Hello Andy, thank you for the reply. I did as advised - I put a resistor of 1k and tolerance 1%. For the transistor, I just wanted to make sure that B actually is the only one (out of the BC547 array) you are offering. As I don't care that much about the amplification magnitude - that one will also do fine. I'll skip the jumpers as advised as I don't want to complicate this further. It should be easy enough to just by a handful of them somewhere. Ok, so, if you don't see any obvious errors on the board, I guess I'll fire off an email to your Support asking the quote for assembly of ten boards :) Thanks a lot and I hope you won't mind me asking around again some time. Aleksandar
andyfierman 7 years ago
If you are asking me to review your design, please post a link to it. :)
apajkan 7 years ago
Ah, sorry, I thought you could access it via my profile - I made it public, under the name Common emitter amplifier. Apologies, here is the link: https://easyeda.com/apajkan/Common_emitter_amplifier-ac95ccb12b954d689a9e1cf6328ea26e Thanks, sorry once more. Best regards, Aleksandar
andyfierman 7 years ago
You did make it public but you did not say which of you 4 projects it was in. :)
apajkan 7 years ago
Ah, ok, my bad, sorry - thanks for taking the time and effort to help out. Aleksandar
andyfierman 7 years ago
Some suggestions for small changes to the schematic: 1. It is good practice to only join 3 wires in one place so that there can be no confusion over are there 4 wires joined or are there 2 wires crossing? 2. Add net lables to help identify the connections; 3. Round the corners of the PCB (a nice touch)? 4. Do you need to add mounting holes so that the PCB sits above the bench on stand-offs? If yes, please see my second and later posts in this thread: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Help_for_a_Newbie_please-meq0z9JjT ![enter image description here][1] Apart from that I think your project is good to go. [1]: /editor/20170425/58ff2a79b770e.png
apajkan 7 years ago
Ok, great, thanks a lot! Especially thanks for the advice! Your colleague informed me about a temporary hold up with component assembly, so I'll be waiting for that to get through. The only thing I did not understand from him is whether you will assemble through holes or not - can you maybe clarify? Will I have to translate to SMDs to get it assembled? Regards, Aleksandar
andyfierman 7 years ago
I have asked for clarification and will post back ASAP.
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi Aleksandar, Through hole parts are too expensive to make the service cost effective so EasyEDA will only offer PCB Assembly for surface mount components. You can use and order EasyEDA through-hole parts in your design and they will be delivered with the PCB but you will have to assemble them yourself. So, if you would like EasyEDA to assemble the PCBs for you then sorry but you will have to change the choice of components to SMD parts and then redesign the PCB.
apajkan 7 years ago
Ok, thanks a lot. Aleksandar
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice