You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Problem with JLCPCB order designed with EasyEda
1754 6
alftel 3 years ago
Hello dear peers, We love EasyEda portal and ability to get out PCBs fast. We have been used this EasyEda/JLCPCB service for a few years by now without any problems, but on a few occasions lately we did face some rather strange questions from their staff (they call them engineers) which we never been asked before. So far we had around 400+ PCB boards runs over last two years without any visible problems (well, maybe a very few). Three weeks ago we submitted yet another board (few small modification in a mounting holes sizes) which we did already ran in different versions at least 10-15 times in a resent past. To our surprise board came back completely useless because their engineer decided to convert a clear board cutout into plated slot of different size and shape - obviously our component didn't fit into this pattern. We submitted service complain, but it does not move anywhere, and their statement regarding refund coupon didn't materialize either. Moreover, service complain is unattended for few days already. We tried to contact their support though email, bur each time different person is answering, and last one said "it was probably an error in your gerbers". So, here is the thing - we have design pattern that consists of a) top layer round pad, b) matching bottom layer round pad, and c) solid region board cutout shaped as double D-hole. 10-14 board revisions were delivered without any problems with this pattern, and we already had email exchange with the a while back asking what will be better - to implement this internal to the pads cutout through solid region board cutout, or through board outline, an d their response was "either will work fine", so we settled on solid region board cutout for clarity. And everything was ok with previous orders until last one. **The problem is not the money** (even though it was 2mm black PCB which is way more expensive vs green 1.6mm) - **the problem is that they have a hard time to admit their error** and recover fast. What customer like me (with 400+ orders in last 2 years and 30K+ spent) would expect? At least a proper communication, right? What if we would order 1000pcs after being completely happy with first 10-15 test runs and some engineer would put his/her own interpretation on implementation? Our communication with support does not produce any results (it looks like different person answers each time), and person who initially responded through service complain does not communicate through this vehicle anymore. Any advice from community how to handle this situation? Forget the money - we need to hear a) a rational justification why out of 15 identical board orders with almost identical and correct gerbers one was manufactured differently or b) clear statement that it was a production error and proposed way to recover from incident.
Comments
alftel 3 years ago
This is how previous orders look like (correct and nice double d-hole cut) and this is how last order came in (weird shaped plated slot): ![Y470-2060703A - CORRECT.JPG](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/N2jyJVS6lxu4qyChTzfpH2RumAZYHf5ufAVn6HEr.jpeg) ![Y472-2060703A - WRONG.JPG](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Rfxi7LsNfz5Bn2dn2CQ8IC0bidd97fcbKNiXQdHd.jpeg) and this is how it looks in EasyEda gerber viewer: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/01szYA61aROK7UhAgoYi7MNaJijMti8sDMDTL75A.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/1cGhtGJlq0qeLn6Frj0TErScunPKZgxtAjyTrVtE.png)
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
@alftel Hello ; We are very sorry to hear all this non satisfaction from you but we are pushing forward to support our customers and make them happy with the service that we are providing. Our engineers fully check the design and only send you a clarification request when there is a suspected design issue but they are not authorized to change anything in the design as long as the customer don't agree for this. About the support team replies, it was a holiday in the last couple of days but you still able to send us Emails and the team will provide replies ASAP, and also you still have us available here in this forum. Let me try to help you sir, so could you please provide me the order number for the first good parts and the order number for the second (bad parts) and this way I can compare these and find out what has changed exactly to get out with a reasonable solution. Thank you for your understanding.
alftel 3 years ago
Bad board and good boards are down below, but please read text first. This is (again) reply from JLCPCB that I received today (didn't know that they had holidays): "If you want to make it with non plated, you have better to remove the copper around those slots and leave a spce of 0.25 mm at least to the copper." I already replied numerous times that these gerber elements are solid region **BOARD CUTOUT**, and not slots or anything else. What else to say? The pattern in question is the following - round top layer pad (not multi-layer, i..e there is no any hole or slot inside), matching bottom layer round pad (again, not multi-layer, i.e there is no any hole or slot inside). Board cutout object is located exactly inside pad and is shaped as a standard size double d-hole. What bugs me a lot that JLCPCB is trying to explain something regarding some slot and there are no any slots anywhere here in this design pattern plus a number of PCBs in a past that were manufactured correctly, as gerber prescribed, with the same design pattern. To me it is a pure human error or luck of qualification of person who run this particular board - I do not understand why it is so hard to admit this fact rather then trying to apply some excuse/explanation.. Board in question (with problem): Order W202005260800112: board [Y472-2060703A](javascript:void(0); "Y472-2060703A") The funny part is that there are another two almost identical boards from **THE SAME ORDER** ( [Y471-2060703A,](javascript:void(0); "Y471-2060703A")[Y470-2060703A) that are manufactured correctly as per gerber, wirh EXACTLY the same pattern element.](javascript:void(0); "Y470-2060703A") This pattern was used (top and bottom layer pads with shaped board cutout inside) and manufactured correctly without any questions with the following boards (as an example, there are more - these ones are just more recent): Order W202006090126958: boards [Y474-2060703A](javascript:void(0); "Y474-2060703A") Order W202005260800112: boards [Y471-2060703A,](javascript:void(0); "Y471-2060703A")[Y470-2060703A,](javascript:void(0); "Y470-2060703A")[Y463-2060703A,](javascript:void(0); "Y463-2060703A")[Y462-2060703A](javascript:void(0); "Y462-2060703A") Order W202005140755999: boards [Y461-2060703A,](javascript:void(0); "Y461-2060703A")[Y460-2060703A,](javascript:void(0); "Y460-2060703A") Order W20200420122332: boards [Y393-2060703A](javascript:void(0); "Y393-2060703A") Order W202003260438347: boards [Y375-2060703A](javascript:void(0); "Y375-2060703A") Order W202003141342949: boards [Y369-2060703A](javascript:void(0); "Y369-2060703A") Order W2019120702431024: boards  [Y311-2060703A](javascript:void(0); "Y311-2060703A") Order W201911181318228: boards [Y296-2060703A](javascript:void(0); "Y296-2060703A")
alftel 3 years ago
Bad board and good boards order numbers are provided in reply above. I just got the following reply through service complain link: "... Our engineer make the same design with 2 situation ,I have reflected it to our engineer Manager, they will focus on this detail next time. And as our after sale engineer mentioned, since there is copper for these slot, so there will be some mislead for engineer making production file, thanks for your kindly understanding. ... If you would like make this order again,  please kindly remove the copper area around the slot, then it will be no such same issue next time. Hope it is helpful for you." Can **PLEASE** somebody explain me (from EasyEda and/or JLCPCB) what board cutout element  has to do with cooper on a board? Board cutout element is what it says - cut the board with the shape specified in drill file. Very good explanation is here: [slot vs cutout](https://www.eurocircuits.com/blog/slots-and-cut-outs/)
alftel 3 years ago
Bad board and good boards order numbers are provided in reply above. I just got the following reply through service complain link: "... Our engineer make the same design with 2 situation ,I have reflected it to our engineer Manager, they will focus on this detail next time. And as our after sale engineer mentioned, since there is copper for these slot, so there will be some mislead for engineer making production file, thanks for your kindly understanding. ... If you would like make this order again,  please kindly remove the copper area around the slot, then it will be no such same issue next time. Hope it is helpful for you." Can **PLEASE** somebody explain me (from EasyEda and/or JLCPCB) what board cutout element  has to do with cooper on a board? Board cutout element is what it says - cut the board with the shape specified in drill file. Very good explanation is here: [slot vs cutout](https://www.eurocircuits.com/blog/slots-and-cut-outs/)
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
Hello ; Thank you for all these info related to your orders. Regarding your posts, I understand that you received some orders with combined (good and bad parts at the same order !!!!) I will check this with the team and get back to you once I get some useful explanation. Sorry again for this conflict that we hope to solve it ASAP. Thank you for your understanding and cooperative mind. :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice