You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Problems with pcb design JLCBCP
1801 7
Rustin 4 years ago
In general, I ordered, as usual, boards on jlcpcb with v-cut, several printed circuit boards on one sheet of PCB, and received this message: The order info shows that there is one design, but actually, there are 2 different designs in your file, so there will be an extra cost $ 8 for it if you want to make it as show in your file. Having written support in order to find out what the problem is, I got an answer saying that there are two different designs in my board, as indicated by the arrows in the gerber viewer: ![1.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/tm88bg3QsbVdrxLI4rXmgjBkIMgOX7h1kn2uOMSt.png) I make a board in sprint layout and there it looks something like this: ![2.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/8aJiR2TLA895B9naIk4fMDJmfDYK0uQIPDcmutV6.jpeg) In the course of the correspondence, I tried to change the design of these holes, in particular, changed them to just a rectangular cutout on the outline layer, transferred them to other layers and all the same, the support wrote that in this case they see this, as a board with a double design and ask for it extra cost 8 $. ![3.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/21E3XJnFWBy99QoCD8M0PnXQBlQAIiRDRT1cQ8fE.png) So I don’t quite understand what the problem is, it turns out that if I need to do a galvanic gap in PCB anywhere, then I can’t do it, without extra cost? Maybe someone has encountered this, and there are alternative solutions?
Comments
andyfierman 4 years ago
Have you explained to support the purpose of the gap? You may need to refer to your schematic in order to support your explanation.
Rustin 4 years ago
@andyfierman Okay, thanks i'll try.
Rustin 4 years ago
@andyfierman tried to explain them purpose of the gap and give them a direct link to easy eda project, still no way to leave galvanic gap(.
andyfierman 4 years ago
Your project is private so only you (and support who I suppose you have added to your team) can see it. So this is just guessing... If there are no tracks connecting between the two sides and no component straddling the gap (such as a transformer or an opto-isolator) then I guess JLCPCB will find it hard to see it as anything other than two boards with a break-off section between them. In your Sprint layout it looks like there's an isolated DC-DC converter straddling the gap but in your other screenshots, there's no component outline visible to suggest that there is actually a component across the gap. it might be worth making sure that it is clear that there is a component across the gap to demonstrate that it is a necessary high voltage isolation barrier and not just a PCB break-off slot. You will also have to prove that the dimensions of the gap are consistent with the isolation voltage required.
Rustin 4 years ago
@andyfierman This project is public now, i shared it, so jlcpcb team to view it, you can see it too: [https://easyeda.com/Rustin/tone_control](https://easyeda.com/Rustin/tone_control) Yes, there are no tracks but there is a component between two sides. But i don't think that there are a big purpose of it, and i'm not sure about consistent with the isolation voltage required, so it not so very neccessary, to leave it, but i am worried about the future project, where this gap will be neccessary, and what to do if jlcpcb will say that they see 2 design again. Anyway thanks for response.
andyfierman 4 years ago
There's no PCB in that project. For a tone control with a low voltage supply input to it, I cannot see any reason for needing a high voltage isolation gap under the PSU. If you get rid of the gap then the problem with JLCPCB will go away. If you need a high voltage isolation gap for some future project, bear the points I have made in mind and you should have no problem with JLCPCB
pcb_Service 4 years ago
Dear Rustin, This is Unice from JLCPCB group. So sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Generally if the connections are too small and make the panel breakable, we will see it as more than one designs. This rule may not be very nice to some special designs like yours. We will take this situation into consideration and make improvement. Thanks for your support to us and apologize for the problem caused to you. If you have any order problem, please do feel free to contact us at [support@jlcpcb.com](mailto:support@jlcpcb.com) or the instant chat box on our website, we will respond to you quickly and efficiently. Best Regard Eunice Yin Eunice@jlcpcb.com JLCPCB.COM
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice