You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Problems with pick and place file placement when sending to jlcpcb
2083 4
skibum-za 3 years ago
Hi, Not sure if this is more of a Easy EDA issue or a JLCPCB one. To me it looks like Easy EDA is getting it right, therefore suggesting JLCPCB (well the web site) is doing something wrong. I've designed a few pcbs using easyeda. Recently I've got some made using the JLCPCB SMD service. So, I've exported my BOM and my Pick and Place files. However, in the JLCPCB parts review window, if I've used a WS2812B (LCSC part number C114586), it always has placement wrong and usually the rotation (more so if you have more than one of them). If I then look at the DFM analysis afterwards it also says parts (always the WS2812B ones) have been moved and usually rotated as well. Here's one I did recently :- ![DFM.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/jAT7kx1HbkjzutBHmnjVAnzSjDQJgwxItGeRpjbq.png) As you can see, the LEDS have all been moved and rotated. I just tried creating a simple circuit in Easy EDA with 4 C114586 and a connector. I created a PCB 50mm x 50mm with the centre of the board at -25mm X and 25mm Y. Then laid the 4 LEDS at -12.5 x 12.5, 12.5 x 12.5, -12.5 x -12.5 and 12.5 x -12.5. I looked at the pick and place csv file and it matches perfectly what I see on the screen. Here's what the 'Review Parts Placement' looks like :- ![easyeda.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/nz6Vm8TRvQqBdnNRLopZov9nGbwltVtkRxnhccpg.png) So far this has always been 'corrected', but surely it shouldn't be needed as the Pick and Place file is correct. So I'm not sure with the 'Review Parts' screen and more worryingly the DFM analysis is showing the wrong placement. Is there an issue between Easy EDA and JLCPCB? Many thanks Andy
Comments
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
Hello ; Regarding the details that you have provided, the issue is in our JLCPCB online previewer so we are sorry for this bug but the online feature is getting upgraded to support more design. About your P&P files The online previewer result is only for reference, the final SMT board will be made exactly according to your design, so please double check and confirm there is no problem in your design, our engineer will check the components position / rotation / polarity for you and assemble your board as your design is. I advise you to check your files in an external DFM check system then if it is OK you can produce your parts with no problems. Also if anything wrong else occurred you can send a direct message to our support team through the following address : [support@jlcpcb.com](mailto:support@jlcpcb.com) Thank you for your understanding.
skibum-za 3 years ago
Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to check I wasn't doing something wrong.
mibcat 2 years ago
Although one year old the issue seems still to be existent. I've places several orders in the last few weeks and each of them has problems with the generated pick&place file, e.g. ![example1.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/uONPgwUaj157fdGPm3Au6HUTnrprubt8g1L3uu2x.png) As long as this is an issues caused by JLCPCB (and is fixed by them) it's ok for me ;-) But it's always a bad feeling if the uploaded data looks incorrect ...
JLCPCBsupport 2 years ago
@mibcat Hello Thank you for your comment. Yes it is a fact that a year ago we spoke about the same topic and here we are now arriving with some better solutions for our customers! We are almost there, a new online placement editor will be published soon on JLCPCB assembly GERBER viewer to allow the customers to manipulate the parts in order to change their orientations and placements on the board then just save the changes and a new P&P will be automatically generated, this could be a good and fast way to solve such issue. Meanwhile, you still can adjust the parts positions and orientations outside of our system by following this guide : [https://github.com/JLCPCB/JLCPCB-SMT-Assembly-Components-orientation-fix](https://github.com/JLCPCB/JLCPCB-SMT-Assembly-Components-orientation-fix)<br> <br> We are counting on your understanding..
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice