You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
SMT assembly issues
1010 10
RafaelCamacho 3 years ago
Hi, These 0402 resistors in addition to being misaligned, they are shorted due to over soldering. :( Thank you. ![Sun Sep 13 11-24-33a.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/3lfdh9ZhrhC6NRsbrzebjWTCjOqP9ez8FCBQEjFk.jpeg)
Comments
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
Hello Rafael ; Thank you for posting your claim here and for the time taken to write us. We feel sorry for such accident, It is obvious that it is an assembly issue, please Email your claim to [support@jlcpcb.com](mailto:support@jlcpcb.com) and supply them with the order information, the team will send you back an Email with the necessary procedures. Please to consider also that you will receive reply to your Email from our team during business days of the week. We are counting on your understanding. Thank you.
Hi, I opened a "Quality Complaint" in the same day I received the board. The sad thing about this, which for me is something new after several orders I made with JLCPCB, is that the whole lot is compromised. What can happen? Remake? Coupon with the amount paid to place a new order? Does it have anything to do with factory moving? Correcting this manually, 0402, is impossible. Thanks. Rafael
@RafaelCamacho It is good that you send a Quality complain and we are sure that those who are concerned by this issue will give you a reply as soon as possible so no worries because they will find the right formula to solve this :) We are sorry Rafael because such accident happen with you order and hopefully this is going to be solved ASAP. Thank you.
Quality Compaint: "Hi Sir, After checking, the distance between 2 pads of resistors are too close to each other, also there is no solder bridge design to separate them from the pad. So when we proceed production, they got shifted easily and connected. Please kindly revise the design if possible to avoid the same issue. Since it is inconvenient for us to fix it,could you please try to fix them by yourself? Thank you!" No, I can´t fix 0402 resistors... In addition, each board has 44 pairs of resistors with this problem. There are 5 paneled plates, 88 * 5 = 440. No, I can't fix. If I wanted to assemble by myself, I would have chosen 0805 and without the SMT assembly, in which I had never been disappointed.
@RafaelCamacho Hello ; We are very sorry to hear such feedback and as I already mentioned, the technical team are the only ones who could provide you the details and the source of the issue after investigating the design. Probably a good conical tip of a solder iron could help to separate these resistors and also a twisted copper wire could be a solution to remove the joint between these resistors if they are only joined by solder paste. Maybe you need to consider to separate a little bit the tiny parts and this could help you to be more secured who ever the supplier if it is JLCPCB or any other manufacturer. I truly want to help you to solve this problem and it is worth it to give it a try and get back here to show us the result so I could provide you more tips to solve this  :( Please to keep in mind that you are not just a customer and your business is our business too so we are in this together :) We are counting on your understanding dear Rafael
Hello, I really don't have the ability to handle 0402 components, if they were 0805, I could try. I trusted your company's technical capacity and professionalism. And I still believe! Since I choose the SMT assembly service, it is not out of laziness but because of the desire to receive a professional result. As I received in the more than 20 orders placed with you so far. I also mentioned to your colleague that this is not the first time that I use the same resistor configuration/distance. In a previous order, I received these boards perfect! With the same distance. Your engineering team accepted to produce and a small fee is charged for a quick analysis. After assembly, is the board not checked for possible production failures? I already had other refusals on the part of your engineering that I soon made the correction and put into production. I know they are simple resistors and unfortunately, I have no way to correct them. You know that the resistors are in all the outputs of the board and they are shorted, I have no way to use or take advantage of anything else. The whole order is a low value and that if I could enjoy something or it was just a design error of mine, I wouldn't even be here taking your time. You must think that I want to take advantage of this failure. Honesty is above all that and I have always honored my obligations and my conscience knows it. I hope you understand and I count on your professionalism always. I am not going to prolong this discussion since I do not see a happy ending for me Thanks anyway.
@RafaelCamacho Have you replied to the quality team telling that it is not possible for you to perform the error fix by yourself? if yes than what do they suggest? Maybe they could offer you a solution so you don't carry the whole loss.
"Engineering*" said: After checking, the distance between 2 pads of resistors are too close to each other, also there is no solder bridge design to separate them from the pad. So when we proceed production, they got shifted easily and connected. Please kindly revise the design if possible to avoid the same issue. Since it is inconvenient for us to fix it,could you please try to fix them by yourself? \* where we pay a small fee to approve orders\. I could never hold them accountable for logical circuit issues\, they don't know\, but mechanical issues\, limitation of their staff and equipment\, they can\. "Quality" said: As you know, our system does not support remake SMT order, usually by such case we will offer refund for the resistors cost. Is it possible that you can ask a third party to help you fix them? Since the other components looks fine. I have said several times that I cannot fix the problem. We are talking about more than 800 resistors, which, without these, I cannot control anything on the board due to the shortness caused by EXCESS WELDING. Loss? For me it will be total because your responsibility is null. Of course, on second thought, I can take advantage of the boards to lock doors that might knock in the wind. It's an idea. It was even good to happen, I was addicted to making projects and ordering the boards assembled with your company, I need to look for alternatives. To clarify for other users, I show these two images: ![actual order.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/8r22IT3gVq0anYnylOdvzL5Lu4DYCxgy1wolOiju.png) [Actual Order] total disaster these two represent more than 800 resistors in the entire order. I wish I had the ability to manipulate 0402 resistors, so I would not depend on JLCPCB's service, which was already good. ![previous order.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/j8JBezLCWeqY5sCE3YzcKrY6ABOROoUUeVXW6z4I.png) [Previsous Order] Placed on 2020-05-06. Superb! All fine... without excess welding. Same space between resistors. I really liked it, I decided to make a small change in the output sequence and silkscreen. Sad but true. I had said that I would not extend this subject further and here I am.
I received a coupon with the value of the order. Thank you.
@RafaelCamacho I'm so glad for this, There is always a way to solve any issue and as I told you already, we are communicating with our customers as partners so the business is not only about service and payment but about trust and satisfaction. Happy for you again Rafael. Keep going and good luck.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice