You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Sancho_55 (new “This is < a > user information”)
1235 11
Sancho 10 years ago
I’ve noticed the pop up at https://easyeda.com. While a short info regarding the editor’s interface may be valuable I’d vote to “hide” it in the “i” pull down as part of a “Quick Help”. It should explain _all_ (!) sections of the page and _must not repeat_ what the mouse-over text easily reveals (example “Share” = “This is the share menu button”). The first entry beyond “i” usually would be - a search box (for the help file in the web), - space, delimiter - then the Quick Help (web link), - the full manual / help file (web link, download pdf) - a link to the forum - space, delimiter - a link to show all available user system info (IP, OS, user agent, … ) - a link to create a screenshot - a link to create, display and possibly (confirm) to send a debug data file (user system + program status info) - the bug report - the feature suggestion - space, delimiter - the About (version info and credits) (not sure if my Markdown is correct)
Comments
dillon 10 years ago
We will provide a new "i" soon. check it . Thanks.
Sancho 10 years ago
Sorry, the formatting was wrong, I hope you could read my __suggestion__ (last paragraph).
Sancho 10 years ago
Please read my point again and __trash__ that useless “This is user info” coming up every time. It’s annoying if you’ve seen it twice already.
example 10 years ago
Sorry, Do you mean you see many time below popup? ![Alt text](/edaImg/1384667271_popup.png) If Yes, This is a bug. Every browse just show one time.
Sancho 10 years ago
I have a link to open easyEDA, every time I’m going to log in - (yes, I log out every time, so it may be I log in 5 times a day) this info pops up (once). No one needs that “information” if he/she has seen it **once**, absolutely no need every time one is going to log in. Do you remember those old SW which had a “Tip of the day” page on opening? Annoying? --> They had a checkbox to “Do not show again” !!! - Much better: Make your SW usable without any hint / information. **Delete it.**
dillon 10 years ago
>I have a link to open easyEDA, every time I’m going to log in - Maybe you use some link to remove our localstorage <http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_webstorage.asp>. We host the guide info in there, we just show one time for every brower. No one will see it twice in same brower. If you suffer every time , This is very bad. >Tip of the day :). I hate also. >They had a checkbox to “Do not show again” !!! We don't need to check, we just show one time. Why you see many? >Much better: Make your SW usable without any hint / information. Yes, This is what we want EasyEDA to be, we need be Easy. with U help, EasyEDA is better than you see it first. Thanks.
Sancho 10 years ago
> w3schools.com: “The localStorage object stores the data with no expiration date. The data will not be deleted when the browser is closed, and will be available the next day, week, or year.” OMG, how old is that stuff? That quoted text is not true, we have 2013, many will not allow tracking nowadays. See Sancho_49 (nice, will you remove the “_” in my topic, too?). Any sensible user will delete cookies and storage as often as possible, probably randomize the faked user agent for each visited site. After leaving any site (with or w/o log in), and also before I reconnect, I reset all browser data. I also delete flash cookies / memory and change the user agent from time to time. > Dillon wrote: “Maybe you use some link to remove **our** localstorage” - No, it is wrong, it is NOT YOUR storage, it’s mine, and you may use it exclusively for the session. If **you** don’t delete it on logging out you’ll make me angry, and I’ll classify your site as suspicious. But no problem, I will delete my browser’s memory anyway. This is not an offense against easyEDA in particular but a general reaction to SW “blunder” and it’s use for tracking. - But what do you think would my browser’s memory look like after one year if **all sites I visit** store their stuff and never think about deleting ??? > “… a web page can only access data stored by itself.” ---> LOL, who is going to believe that shit? After all what happened already? **Who could ever honestly say that for all OS and browsers, for all spyware?** BTW: Did you read about QUANTUM? http://www.wired.com/opinion/2013/11/this-is-how-the-internet-backbone-has-been-turned-into-a-weapon/ - This is why https is mandatory for a serious service, it makes things much more complicated for our brothers. ### Now, why don’t you go the straight and **honest** way: ### - When **I am logged in** you may use the local storage of my browser. - You may store all settings and all stuff you need, having my permission to do so. - When I log out you copy all necessary user data to your server (e.g. several bytes with my settings), displaying a message “Saving your settings …”. - You delete all content you have stored on my machine, message “Cleaning up your browser …”. - Finally saying goodbye “Thanks for using easyEDA, have a nice day!”. - When I log in again you say “Hi Sancho, **welcome back**” (‘log in success’ is good and may be technically interesting but ‘welcome back’ sounds more personal). - You copy all stuff you need back to my local storage, message “Loading user data …”, restoring my preferences (and last session?). When I see such a behavior I’d be confident to use a serious service.
dillon 10 years ago
> (nice, will you remove the “_” in my topic, too?). We don't remove `_`, not nice? :) >Any sensible user. But we will make sure how many. Maybe 1% Vs 99%. For Sancho, we are sure we will provide a method to make you can config, not matter how many user dislike this. Give some time for us, and we know you know how to remove this. But you should suffer "This is a xxxxx" some time :). And you may understand we should make most of our users happy first. > it’s use for tracking. No, We guess we will make you happy with backup your data in your browser, we don't like to track. But you don't happy with this (: >straight and honest way: This way is more easy for us, just delete these codes. We spent lots of time in this, and we think we try to think for our users, and I like this, You know our browse will crash, this will protect your data. So please allow us to do some test first. And you will get a configue to make you logou, we will save nothing in your browse last. be honestly, I don't know how long, depend how many users don't like this and how far we solve our more importand TODO. Thanks.
Sancho 10 years ago
> it’s use for tracking. Dillon, I think there is a misunderstanding: To “track” has a good and a bad meaning. **a) Sites where I log in to access my stuff (like easyEDA, my webmail, …):** I want them to “track” me, otherwise it wouldn’t work to have my files in the web, available from any computer and location, and I want them to track my activity (log in data) to prevent abuse of my account. So please log each of my log in with date, time and IP, keep my files and settings accessible for me. Block my account and inform me by **email** if you find suspicious or illegal activities on my account. Reply to my support request even if it’s from an other email address as is associated with my account (deleted email + lost pwd) and try to find out who am I and how I could access my account again (I hope that will never happen, but …). - You (my service) have all my data, I trust you and I want you to be my partner, otherwise I would not register. - You can not “bad” track me because you are not in the big business, not hosting several brands, not on multiple servers, paying $$$$ for user profiles from marketing companies. **b) Sites I visit without logging in, to search, read, get info, whatever:** I do not want them to track me in any form. I don’t want Google to send me ads for things I was searching at amazon or music because I was visiting youtube and so on. They are wasting money, I don’t want their suggestions. I do not allow them to “profile” me and share what they “found” with others. This is why I delete all this stored garbage, whatever it is. Always. But I have to confess that flash and local storage isn’t often used till now, most of them try cookies and check the user agent (e.g. when using original Apple / Safari even prices of accommodation are different sometimes ...). - Deleting your (EasyEDA) stuff isn’t “on purpose” but collateral damage. - So this is the reason why your solution will fail, not only with my account. - Be aware, if some don’t know about today (95%) they will know soon, both, users and bad companies. And the users will be angry when they find out. - It’s simply a bad concept for a service to keep data after log out on the user’s computer. It may be the easy way for you, though. But I dunno.
dillon 10 years ago
Thanks for your detail comments. I see what you mean. Sometime, keep your data in your browser will make us code easily. Save us lots of time. We are sure we will follow your guide and solve them step by step. You know there are 95% guys don't mind this, include us. And you hint they will know this, but this needs time, so please give us some time. Thanks.
Sancho 10 years ago
> “I see what you mean.” Good, the “tracking” experience may be seen different in different parts of our world.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice