You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Sancho_65 (Sancho’s projects in "forum")
1187 16
Sancho 10 years ago
(Not really forum, but I don’t know what it is called / where it is placed in your concept) Clicking at the EasyEDA logo in the editor I see: __a)__ Only some of my projects_ files (?) (schematic “Sancho” is missing now). Are there only three files visible - the footer doesn’t show a second page? __b)__ The “Last Update” info there is wrong: __c)__ The name of the file is generally missing, so it’s difficult to tell, but the schematic “NPN” wasn’t touched since several weeks - but it says “1 week ago”.
Comments
dillon 10 years ago
>a) schematic “Sancho” is missing now. Maybe it is a private project. I can't find it also. >b) The “Last Update” info there is wrong: Do you mean it is should be _Last Update_ ? c) but the schematic “NPN” wasn’t touched since several weeks. we just have weeks ago, months ago. Don't have 'serveral weeks' ago. Thanks.
Sancho 10 years ago
a) Yes, it is private (Test_1), but: a1) The other project (also Test_1) is private, too, and the schematic “AutoAmpl” is visible in the listing. a2) Strange, yesterday I had a link “Sancho” (or so ?) next to the “Contact Us”, leading to “Sancho’s projects” - and I’d expected to see __all my projects__ when I’m logged in. a3) Does it make sense to hide my own private schematics in my project’s list? a4) You may think about flagging private / public schematics differently? b) “Do you mean it should …” ---> It reads “Last Update” here, don’t call it blue when you mean red … b1) So “1” week stands for “2 weeks” and “3 weeks” ? ---> Forget that, write the date! c) My point was here: The NAME of the schematic / file is missing, which is really bad because I’d like to name them sometimes “xyz_a” and “xyz_b” (different variant) and you couldn’t tell the difference from the thumbnail. c1) The project name should also indicate “public” or “private”. c2) I find it strange that “user’s __projects__” does not list the project but the files: Imagine a project consists of 2 schematics, they are listed as they would belong to two different projects - not together in one project. c3) Bad: The thumbnails have different size, the smallest schematic (NPN) has the biggest, the biggest schematic has the smallest thumbnail. __D)__ Now this is funny: When I click the project name “Test_1” next to my “Text, Resistor and Wire” schematic (thumbnail) it will open my “Sancho” schematic … - And the “Test_1” project next to my NPN schematic (thumbnail) will open the “Text, Resistor and Wire” schematic with the NPN as a second tab. - Sorry if that is confusing - it __is__ confusing, I do not understand your concept here.
example 10 years ago
>a1) Can't understand. >a2) my fault, some pages have, some pages don't have this. will add it. >a3) We will hide all your private projects after you logout. >a4) You are right, It is on road. >b1) Ok. will try. >c1) On road. >that “user’s projects” does not list the project We do list projects, If one project has two files, we just list one of as thumb. We don't have good idea how to list many thumb. Maybe one project will has ten schematics. >c3) All the thumbs has the same width, the heigh will be scaled as good lood. >D) Can't understand this. But making you confuse is our fault. Thanks for your patient.
Sancho 10 years ago
This is too difficult to explain in text, I thought you can see my project / files exactly as I can see them? You must log in as “Sancho”, “easyS2013” and click the link to see my projects and files to see what I mean. Sorry, __you really should read all my points then again__, there is a bug hidden (at least one). Click the first “Project” which is named TEST_1, you see the correct schematic. Click the second “Project” (same name !!!) but it will not show the thumbnail. ---> Check the projects and files in the editor to see how they are organized. ---> One project, several files, one thumbnail: OK, but which? How could I fix one “cover” schematic for the thumbnail to be shown? And could you write the count of documents next to the project name? E.g. “Amplifier (3)”? c3) Sorry, don’t understand, please check with my projects. __D)__ My head is very hard, don’t worry. Maybe here is the __bug__, not your concept?
dillon 10 years ago
>Click the second “Project” (same name !!!) but it will not show the thumbnail. Yes, I see the bad thumbnail. Maybe I have known what is worry. I guess, do you move files from one project to another project? Maybe you move you file from one project to another, but don't modify the file. so we think we don't need to update the thumbnail, we update the thumbnail 12 hours later. Yes, It is a bug. >but which? The last modified, but need wait 12 hours later. >count of documents next to the project name? It is a good idea now. > D4) Yes, I see the bug. I have updated your file, so the thumbnail is OK now. Thanks very much.
dillon 10 years ago
explain the C3) I have checked your projects, no problem for our SW. But it is strange for you. Your NPN image is larger than your amp. but all of them have the same thumbnail width, your amp's real image is bigger than the NPN. We will keep all of them with 200px in widht, so the amply should zoom out 20% ,but the NPN just need to zoom out 80%. this is the reason, I hope I have made your understood. * DON'T forget to check the follow answer *
Sancho 10 years ago
“The last modified [thumbnail] …” ---> The date is bad, this thumbnail would be random = useless. “… but need wait 12 hours later.” ---> That’s even worse, no one will understand / accept in 2013, don’t ever try to justify that. “explain the C3) … no problem for our SW” ---> Yes, it is: The thumbnail is defined to have 200 pix in width only, this is a bad idea: It will (nearly) always result in different thumbnail sizes, only to destroy the optical structure of the “user’s projects” page. Have a look in the Web, thumbnails of any sites are fixed in both dimensions, the content will be restricted to the (often quadratic) borders. You say the “normal” user will be allowed to have three projects? ---> Three same size thumbnails to fill one page. However, the benefit of such a “project listing” is small, it would show a more or less random (date) thumbnail, the project’s name and (if you do it) the number of files in that project. Not more? The same you can see under the “Projects” selector in the editor (but with all filenames)? - Skip that page, that little content isn’t worth it. I’m still thinking about the next page that you get when clicking the project name, what is exactly the purpose of that page? When I know more I’ll start an extra point.
dillon 10 years ago
>That’s even worse, no one will understand / accept in 2013, Yes, I see. We can't update the thumbnail real time. What about remove the thumbnail now or let the user to update the thumbnail in Project attribute setting.? >three projects? three private projects, no limit for public projects. >thumbnail is defined to have 200 pix in width only, this is a bad idea Before we find a good solution, Keep this or remove thumbnail? > (but with all filenames)? OK. >what is exactly the purpose of that page? 1. You can write a long detail for your project, Maybe a piece of blog. 2. We will allow the users to run a spice simualtion at there later. The user can modify the param. and run a simualtion and don't need to open the slow loading editor. 3. ...........
Sancho 10 years ago
>“Yes, I see. We can’t …” ---> I’m really happy about you being so uncomplicated. I don’t have that often. - If you really need that page: Remove the thumbnail. To be clear: I'd vote to remove the whole (project listing) page, it doesn't have much information in it, only the project's name (maybe the number of pages if you add it), but wait: I don't know your concept of "public" projects, do you need this project listing in case "Sancho" wants to see all public projects of "signality"? (or “all”, I mean especially all categories + users)? ---> And then, without any information about the status of the project, Sancho could pick one and "open" or "load" it into Sancho's editor? just to find that it’s “work in progress” or a conceptual study or a super featured gem? - At least include the “Description” to offer a __chance for a responsible user__ to give a hint to others what the project status is. BTW: I see such a “Description” at other projects (e.g. “Uncategorized”) but not in my own project listing. AND: Checking “Analog Projects” (where I have a “project”) the “Description” is there … ? BTW: E.g. Analog Projects, how is that listing sorted, not by name, not by (Up)date, … ? Is there something like “tags” or “keywords” or other search function to sift through “all users” public projects (to get them listed then) or to search only “signality”s projects (search for e.g audio projects)? I’m still thinking about your existing “Categories” and don’t know how to “tag” my (not working) “AutoAmpl” project (I know where but not what it could be, home, analog, simple, art, …). Sorry for asking such dumb questions, I purposely try not to look at any documents which may already exist (?) because the average user also will not read but "click" first. And: - If you need documentation: Chances are that there is something basically wrong. - Very similar: “We don’t need __any law__. Seriously. Only morals.” Regards, Sancho
dillon 10 years ago
> "Sancho" wants to see all public projects of "signality"? All, not by category. >"open" or "load" it into Sancho's editor? You can clone any public projects to your editor. > chance for a responsible user to give a hint to others what the project status is. It is should be. > (e.g. “Uncategorized”) but not in my own project listing. just list public projects. >Analog Projects, how is that listing sorted, not by name, not by (Up)date, … will order by updated. now by created date, now good. >Is there something like “tags” Will provide tags latter.
dillon 10 years ago
>If you really need that page: Remove the thumbnail. Today, after I try to remove the thumbnail, I found my project lists is not information and bad look. Take <https://easyeda.com/project_user_example_1.htm> as example, all the thumbnails are clean, the users will find enough information from the thumbnail and know what is the circuit. So we should find a good solution to guide the user. some Ideas, 1) When the thumbnail is out of date, we can use ![](https://easyeda.com/img_thumbP_lVP71iASM.png) 2) Mult files, we will use Slideshow later. Now we just tell files of the project to users.
Sancho 10 years ago
Of course thumbnails are nice, however, ---> You should limit the y size of the thumbnail (e.g. 200 pix) as well as x size. ---> The user should be able to decide which file is it (e.g. by a leading “1” or"-" in the filename). ---> It should be updated when the file is saved (no need to block the GUI).
dillon 10 years ago
>You should limit the y size of the thumbnail (e.g. 200 pix) as well as x size. No, I just need to limit one of them, the other will be the same proportion. Try to image, If I build a schematic with 200*500. When we make it to be 200*200, it is bad in look, try to think about your amplify, With is much than height. > The user should be able to decide which file is it (e.g. by a leading “1” or"-" in the filename). agree. > It should be updated when the file is saved (no need to block the GUI). Built a thumbnail will cost lots of CPU time, this is why we can't provide real time thumbnail, If we set a auto save and real time thumbnail, Our server just can used by a few users, the server is just for thumbnail. If we try to make EasyEDA free, we will spend all of money will soon. Thanks.
Sancho 10 years ago
By “limit” I didn’t mean to cut but to __crop__, so the bigger of x, y should be reduced to 200 pix, the thumbnail centered to 100 from left margin (all thumbnails in one line). The reason is: A designated project “cover” page would be very likely something like A4 __Portrait__ (y >> x). I can not imagine a useful __project__ without cover page (project name, short description, index, remarks, date, revision, author, …). Imagine someone wants to use easyEDA in classroom (should be your target: teacher, students). Your server is a 80386? Think about 40 users simultaneously working online (for the first very good year), this would be less than one “save” per minute, a very bad coincidence if you have 2 in the same second. I guess the network latency will be of much more concern.
dillon 10 years ago
>“cover” page Interesting. will rethink about this. >Your server is a 80386? :). Better maybe 586. convert a schematic to a thumbnail , really will spend lots of time, there is a complex process. But this is not a excuse , the user just need the best. Thanks.
Sancho 10 years ago
> “… the user just need the best.” I love it !
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice