You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Sancho_70 (“Wires” don’t connect / Join)
1640 8
Sancho 10 years ago
__a)__ In a schematic when I have an unconnected endpoint of a wire and later connect another wire (endpoint) it seems these two wires are not “soldered” together. This will lead to confusion in any way. Either melt them automatically (preferred) or ask (pop up) the user (bad). __b)__ When I move a pice of wire with it’s endpoint onto another wire (not endpoint) they are connected automatically (red dot) ---> super. However, moving the (first) wire’s endpoint onto an existing red dot: From the optical point of view they are not connected ? __c)__ This leads to the question: Would it be possible to “select / highlight all __connected__ wires” by clicking at any wire of that (e.g. GND) system? (e.g. like Shift+click) __d)__ Obviously not, but is there any way to delete a segment of a wire without deleting everything? (I mean except placing a resistor onto it, selecting and moving the resistor by arrow key, deleting the resistor …) AND securely connect a new wire to the endpoints?
Comments
dillon 10 years ago
It seems a) and b) are the same. > From the optical point of view they are not connected ? Yes, not connected. Will try to. Maybe you should wait for some time. >c) This leads to the question: Would it be possible to “select / highlight all connected Supper menu(top right corner) -> Miscellaneous->Design manager >d) Can't understand. Thanks.
Sancho 10 years ago
> “It seems a) and b) are the same.” I read that as you’ve understood both, but it’s a similar issue in your SW? OK, waiting. > c) “Supper menu(top right corner) -> Miscellaneous->Design manager” (manager …) Sorry, doesn’t work, no reaction at all in both, Safari and FF. What should that do? Open a dialog box? Did you understand my question? d) Imagine I have drawn a “complicated” wire and now have to modify it. I want to break the wire, maybe will later connect it again (by another piece of wire) or add some components in between, whatever. Simply break it and keep both parts. Delete a segment. Add another one. How to?
dillon 10 years ago
>Sorry, doesn’t work, no reaction at all in both, Safari and FF. What should that do? Open a dialog box? Did you understand my question? I think I understand your question. Try this again. The dialog will guide you how to do. Maybe you don't like a dialog, but this is the best solution we can provide now. no reaction, because you don't login or save your file. the new release version will warm you. Try Ctrl + F5 twice. >endpoint onto an existing red dot: If there is a red dot(Junction), It means they are connect by Electric. > Imagine I have drawn a “complicated” wire and now have to modify it. If you can't modify the wire via "Green points", there is no way to do now, delete it and draw again. There are a long story that I can tell you why. I think we will provide a function, maybe you need to wait a long time, by months. not by years. ")
Sancho 10 years ago
> “Maybe you don't like a dialog, but …” On the contrary, I love good dialog boxes (like this one). I have some comments, though: c1) This is an important part of the schematic design, why is it hidden behind “lost and found”? It’s similar to a toolbox (non-modal) and should be placed at “Toolboxes” (not: “Tool__bars__”). c2) This dialog box should be variable in size. c3) The dialog must be updated when I edit and save my circuit. c4) Feature request: At selecting a Net the corresponding wires should first “light up” to make them more visible (the pointing line is excellent for identifying a Net Pin). c5) Smells like a bug: Since I have used this dialog I have the “fist” cursor in the schematic, e.g. after using the “wire” tool, and forever. After closing the schematic the arrow pointer was back. c6) When a (e.g. resistor) Net Pin is open (not connected) there’s a red flag in the listing. ---> When a wire is open in a named Net there is no red flag. Is it OK??? c7) How to find / identify such open connections, is there any command / log hidden in the GUI? > “no reaction”: OK, I will repeat again and again until __you__ break down (you don’t make me tired, too manny have tried before, believe me): Until your SW bugs the user to do essential (internal) tasks for the program and all your programming effort is to produce messages like “Please save your file first!”: - __This SW is crap and waisting time of your life__, no one will like it. > endpoint onto an existing red dot: OK, is connected, but doesn’t look like: The dot is not at the top, the green wire can be seen - as it wouldn’t be connected … That’s bad. > modify wires, “I think we will provide a function … long time …” This is a very essential function. First day. You’ll need it at the PCB’s, too. Don’t you think you should fix that BEFORE going “public”?
dillon 10 years ago
> This is an important part of the schematic design, why is it hidden behind “lost and found”? Yes, we are sure we will make it better, it is on our TODO. But why we need to hide this? becuase we should build the netlist from our server. So we just need our users build it when need. this is why c1) and c3). Maybe I don't need to explain this. We are plan to build netlist from your browser, so every thing will be real time. Waiting. >c2) This dialog box should be variable in size. It is hard now, all of our dialog is fixed in size. will try. >c4 Ok >c5 Not sure. >c6 When a wire is open in a named Net there is no red flag. Is it OK??? Sure. It is OK . wire don't a Net name before It is seted with a netlabel or connect with a PIN. >c7 No way now. >(you don’t make me tired, too manny have tried before, believe me): We just update a few hours ago. >The dot is not at the top, the green wire can be seen Right. Why I never found this. Thanks. >Don’t you think you should fix that BEFORE going “public”? We design this for performance. we know this is a problem, but we don't have a good way. Why? If we provide this, our users will hardly to build a complex schematic or PCB. We should make the DOM <http://www.w3schools.com/dom/dom_mozilla_vs_ie.asp> as less as we can. We make the polyline to replace line. We try to provide a hack way before, but it is not good, hard to use. Thanks.
Sancho 10 years ago
> c6) open wire (end) ---> “Sure. It is OK.” Sorry, did not understand what you mean by your next sentence? Please see my example “R3_1, R4_1” (+++ for allowing such filenames). My concern is: An open (wire) endpoint should be reported in any form, because very likely the user doesn’t know about. Even if it’s not a problem to proceed (simulate) the cause may be a bad (forgotten) connection in the schematic. Any deliberately open terminal / wire __must__ have a “terminator”, say, an endpoint (label, net label) to be without warning. I didn’t try but __I’m sure__ on e.g. “simulate” you will give me a warning when there is an open Net Pin (or wire)? (like: “2 Warnings. Do you want to review the warnings now?”) So my next point would be: If I have a bad connected resistor (__or wire__), the “Design Manager” will show me the red “x” only when clicking the specific Net (at the Net Pins). To find such problems the red “x” should be “mirrored” up to the specific “Nets Name” (R5_2 in my example) and, globally seen, up to the folder “Nets Name” (because the specific Net could be down the list and invisible at the moment). And a minor issue (but it seems to be the very same in several places of your SW): Select the Net “R1_1” and then “R3_1”: The former selected Net is still selected, that’s wrong / bad. Also it doesn’t “center” the (invisible) Net, which makes it hard to find, too (but in the first place one would assume a bug because the former Net is still selected). The same will happen when I select the folder “Nets Name” (shouldn’t it be “Net Name__s__” ?) or “Components”, there must not be any Net selected (red) any more. I know that this is not easily done, but to avoid confusion for the user AND the SW any “selection” must __first__ deselect and then select again … but I think you know that. Sorry for being picky, but I have seen too many avoidable “bugs” in the past (not in your SW, of course).
dillon 10 years ago
>An open (wire) endpoint should be reported in any form, because very likely the user doesn’t know about. This is a small problem, but you next question "an open Net Pin" is important. The users may be forget connect the wire to a PIN. so there is a open wire and an open Net Pin at the same. If we can hint the open Net Pin, the users will find the open Wire. Warm the open Net Pin is in our plan, but we never find time to do this. We are very very tiny team, but our SW is too complex, ^_^ :) >“x” should be “mirrored” up to the specific “Nets Name Agree and add it to our TODO. >And a minor issue (but it seems to be the very same in several places of your SW): I agree all these you tell. we just hurry to realize the functions, forgot to think more. Thanks.
Sancho 10 years ago
I’m not happy regarding your “open wire is a small problem” (= we don’t care), but it’s your baby :-)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice