You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Two designs on one board, same width different length
1687 12
kostic2000 7 years ago
I am trying to make an order for my first board, but here is the issue. I have two designs which I would like to put on a single board to keep costs down. They have exactly the same width, but different length. I am trying to establish what is the best way to lay them out so that I have the easiest time separating it later and without adding extra costs. My understanding is because they are not of exactly the same size than I can't ask for them to be properly panelized for free. For now I have laid them out width to width with an overall outline and a separation line on a silk screen layer and just a few small holes to act as a guide when I cut them later (so that I have good registration on both sides). But how many holes can I put in before extra charges kick in? And generally what is the maximum thing that can be done in this case to make separation as easy as possible afterwards, but without incurring significant costs? Thanks, Kostic
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi Kostic, Have you looked at: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/PCBOrderFAQ#Different-Design-in-Panel If you need more help, please contact: support@easyeda.com
kostic2000 7 years ago
Andyfierman, Thanks for your response. Yes, I have read that page, but my case is neither of those, as my boards do line up on one side, they are just different length. But I assume this still means extra charges. That page also mentions that marking holes on a separation line will also incur extra costs, but it doesn't mention if say how man holes would be considered too many. My aim is not to make it breakable, but to have a good registration to score on both sides myself. I have sent the email to support last week, but have not heard anything yet. Probably due to the holiday weekend. Regards, Kostic
dillon 7 years ago
If you removed all of the vias at the seprate line, there is no more cost. you just allow use silk layer for free.
kostic2000 7 years ago
Dillon, There are a just a few small (0.7mm) non-plated holes, would that be ok? Otherwise it will be hard for me to use scriber on both sides accurately Thanks
kostic2000 7 years ago
Just to clarify, I would ideally need at least two small holes, on the opposite sides of the separation line to serve as a guide. Or otherwise I can have a line on the top silk screen and another on the bottom. But would they line up well to each other? I always thought that silkscreen layer accuracy is not that great. Kostic
andyfierman 7 years ago
How close would you need them to be? A small number of vias along the line would not incur any extra expense. It's only really when you put in a continuous row so that the boards tear along the dotted line that the cost goes up. One at each end as the markers would be fine. Why not make the shorter board the same length as the longer one but mark one end of it as being to be cut off after separating the two? Then you can have the two PCBs so you can separate them with a V-cut and only have to cut the end section off the smaller PCB after they have been separated.
kostic2000 7 years ago
@andyfierman I've just counter, I have 11 right now in a 43mm wide board, but this can go down to two if required. No, they are not continuous, and not there to break it off. They are there as a good guide for a ruler and a scriber:-) In fact, here are the actual [gerbers][1] If this is acceptable as it is now, then I'll just fire off the order. As for your suggestion, well, it does not matter whether I cut off a length of a board, or separate the two with a cut. It's still a cut that I'll have to make) so it's not really going to help. I'm fine cutting it myself, just want to do it as nicely as possible, hence guide holes. Thanks [1]: https://gerber-viewer.easyeda.com/showcase/#!id=d8154bd62d2d11e79ed5026a86b9cae7&type=top&layer_list=1-2-3-4-5-6
andyfierman 7 years ago
One small point. On the top layer silkscreen, the `GND` legend overlaps the pads here: ![enter image description here][1] Just move the legend a bit lower down to clear the pads. Other than that then if you have followed the guidleines here: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Essential_checks_before_placing_a_PCB_order-UuohztL3l then you should be good to go. :) [1]: /editor/20170503/5909f17c3325d.png
kostic2000 7 years ago
@andyfierman Doh! Thank for pointing out, I did mean to move the label, but looks like I've forgotten. Thanks a lot for looking at it
andyfierman 7 years ago
Don't forget to regenerate and re-submit the Gerbers.
kostic2000 7 years ago
Yep, done that. Order submitted
andyfierman 7 years ago
Many thanks for your order.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice