You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Unethical Refund Policy
2159 12
Voltar99 5 years ago
I recently submitted a clean design to JLPCB.  It passed all of the online DRC checks using JLPCB's default settings.  In total, I paid over $60 for 10 prototypes, including about $25 in shipping. At the factory, the design was rejected because their internal DRC software found some holes that were too close together in a library element. They gave me a partial refund of about $32.00, but did not refund the shipping and handling. I find this highly unethical to be charging for shipping on a product that was never fabricated and never shipped!  I have had email conversations with the factory, but got no action so I filed a PayPal dispute. This is a warning! They make more money by finding DRC errors that their online software doesn't pick up, then cancelling the order and keeping the money. Vern
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
"...passed all of the online DRC checks using JLPCB's default settings." To clarify: You set up the trace widths and clearances to those specified by JLCPCB and then ran the EasyEDA PCB Design Manager? And the PCB Design Manager showed no DRC errors? "...the design was rejected because their internal DRC software found some holes that were too close together in a library element." Was this a User Contributed PCB footprint? Was it checked against the recommended PCB footprint dimensions in original manufacturer's datasheet?
Voltar99 5 years ago
Yes to all of the above except that it was a user contributed library element for a solder jumper (not a physical component).  I agreed that the holes were too close.... but not flagged by the DRC.  I reduced the hole size and resubmitted successfully (and paid again).  Still, the shipping and handling were not refunded from the original order (plus a few dollars more that they kept arbitrarily). So... no DRC errors flagged using EasyEDA, but they found them in their internal check so stopped work and only refunded me partially for the PCB order, but not the shipping (for a non-existant shipment).
martin 5 years ago
The way you put it, it doesn't sound fair. But\, in my experience\, JLCPCB support has been excellent and responsive to resolve such issues\. Did you take time to write in and explain the situation? This really doesn't align with \_any\_ of the experiences I've had with them\.
Voltar99 5 years ago
Here is their last reply... ================== Hi Sir , Thanks so much for your feedback , But due to this is mistake of your order , we only cancelled that , we already made refund while amount but we're sorry about that we can not refund the handle fee Sorry for any inconvenience caused that | | | | --- | --- | | Zoe Lee | | | **SHENZHEN JLC ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD.** | | | a: | 27th Floor, Olympics Building, Shangbao Road, Futian District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China | | w: | [JLCPCB.COM](http://JLCPCB.COM)  e: [zoe@jlcpcb.com](mailto:zoe@jlcpcb.com) | How would you rate my reply? [Great](https://secure.helpscout.net/satisfaction/247235714/record/2282000405/1/)    [Okay](https://secure.helpscout.net/satisfaction/247235714/record/2282000405/2/)    [Not Good](https://secure.helpscout.net/satisfaction/247235714/record/2282000405/3/) {#HS:818094071-72613#} On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 9:59 PM HKT, you wrote: > OK, I have resubmitted the design. > I > have paid shipping and handling twice, so I need a refund for one of the two > charges. > Thanks, > V > > > On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at > 7:38 PM HKT, JLCPCB Support wrote: > > > > Hi Sir, > > > > Well got your order with > > many thanks~ > > > > Really sorry to bother you, but the space between with holes > > also too narrow (our minimum size is 0.3mm at least ). Could you please kindly > > check?? > > > > We have cancelled your order and refunded so that you can replace > > your order when you fix the issue, could you please kindly > > check?? > > > > Thanks! > > > > > > > > | Zoe Lee | > > | **SHENZHEN JLC ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD.** | > > | a: | 27th Floor, Olympics Building, Shangbao Road, Futian District, > > Shenzhen, Guangdong, China | > > | w: | [JLCPCB.COM](http://JLCPCB.COM)  e: [zoe@jlcpcb.com](mailto:zoe@jlcpcb.com) |
Voltar99 5 years ago
Further to this incident.  It turns out that JLPCB rejected my design due to DRC errors detect by their internal program, but proceeded to fabricate a solderpaste stencil and ship it to me anyway. As a consequence, they believe that I should pay for the (useless) stencil AND shipping.  This is unacceptable, but they have contacted me are trying to learn how customer service works by North American standards.  I have several. thousand followers on other forums on which I have recommended EasyEDA.  I have not discloed this problem, but I may have to if it's not resolved soon.  I may have to switch back to Eagle or KiCAD.
martin 5 years ago
Sounds frustrating. Yet, you seem to have submitted boards with DRC errors twice now. Have you adjusted EasyEDA's DRC rules to match JLCPCB capabilities? Seems like you own at least part of the mistake.
andyfierman 5 years ago
@Voltar99, Your project is private so only you can see it. So that we can analyse this issue, please either make your project public and post the link to it or clearly identify - i.e. post the link to - the user contributed library element for the solder jumper that has caused this problem.
Voltar99 5 years ago
This issue has been fully resolved to my satisfaction.  It took a few emails, but eventually JLPCB refunded the entire amount.  To be clear... they made a mistake by rejecting the pcb design but still fabricating and shipping the stencil.  The rejected pcb passed all of the EasyEDA checks but not JLPCB's internal quality check. i resubmitted the design and it has passed all the checks and now is being fabricated. V
andyfierman 5 years ago
@Voltar99, It would still be very helpful if you post the URL of the user contributed footprint that caused the issue so that we can correct or remove it from the library. Thanks.
MikeDB 5 years ago
I suspect most Chinese PCB suppliers would have just made the PCBs and shipped them to you, faults or not.  I've found JLCPCB pretty good, though LCSC are still poor by Western distributor standards as they simply don't keep enough stock and so it's impossible to assemble a complete BOM.
Voltar99 5 years ago
Just to wrap this up.  JLPCB has admitted to the mistake and fully refunded my payments.  It took some coaxing, but they made good. As for the useless stencil, I have an outstanding bill from DHL for $25... for duties and 'handling' fee on a $6.00 stencil.  I will refuse delivery so I won't have to pay that bill. Do others have these outrageous fees from DHL?
Frendor 5 years ago
Do others have these outrageous fees from DHL? Yes, I've been caught out by this in the past. I now use the cheapest shipping option, which takes 7-15 days to reach me here in the UK. I'd like to say I've had excellent customer service from JCPCB in the past, but have also experienced a similar problem with a manufacturing fault. At first I was refunded just $2 for the boards despite having paid for a stencil, shipping, VAT and import duties. After a few e-mails we came to an agreement. These days I use the option to have the boards checked before payment, it only adds 24 or so hours to the overall process. Frendor.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice