You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
V Cuts for edge connector bevel / chamfer
1201 7
Jimseyed 1 year ago
I'm designing a board with an edge connector for 805 series female sockets. Normally these have a bevelled / chamfered edge to allow for easier insertion. ![Screenshot 2022-06-24 111250.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/D8JjUOdOty4PJNKzCMi81gtaQJ6FPs5bi44wiHY0.jpeg) I have seen a few other threads talking about this for PCIE cards, suggesting using v-cuts to produce a snap off edge that leaves a similar result. I know JLCPCB can do this for panelised boards, but is it possible to add a v-cut to an 'un-panelised" board?
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
You can add a V-Cut line just by drawing a straight line in the Board Outline layer. The angle of the edges however is very steep so they are far from the shallower angles needed for smooth connector entry. If you reference the edge angles to a straight cut edge of 90 degrees then the V-Cut edge angles are something like 80 degrees. You can add edge finger contacts and state that you want them in the PCB order. JLCPCB can then create platwd edge fingers for such connectors but I do not know what they do about the edge angles. I  cannot find that specified anywhere on the JLCPCB Capabilities page.
Jimseyed 1 year ago
I will eventually go for the full 'gold fingers' option for the final board. I wonder if it's included somewhere in the capabilities for that? I couldn't find this specified anywhere either. There is obviously a warning if you try to select gold fingers and regular HASL on the order page. Until then I was looking for a simple solution, like the v-cuts. I thought the board outline was straight (90) routed out on a standard order? I couldn't find an option in EasyEDA to mark v-cuts separately from the board outline. It would be really nice if there was a 45 degree routing option, but I suspect this sort of thing is not common enough for them to have rig a set up to handle it.
andyfierman 1 year ago
@jimseyed, "I thought the board outline was straight (90) routed out on a standard order?" It is but adding a line in the Board Outline layer, within the outer Board Outline, in holes the use of the V-Cutter which is a different tool. I can't recall seeing anything about it but you might find something about edge fingers if you scour the various support pages at JLCPCB.
Jimseyed 1 year ago
I found the specs, if you click the "?" next to gold fingers on the order page. It leads to more info. Including this image: ![1555753147565033312.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/csYlyTgG31RJNAzJoQ98KsZbd2HhrLSMDfE6qpLV.png) It seems to suggest, if you select the "gold fingers" option and there is enough space they will 45 degree chamfer the edge.
JLCPCBsupport 1 year ago
@jimseyed Hello and thank you fro your post About the V-cut lines, it is **only** supported for Panels. Since V-cut lines are produced using the board outline layer then any line drawn inside your board layout will be (90) cut if you don't select Panel option. I think that you need the edge fingers "Gold fingers" option for your board, feel free to ask me for any specific technical details about the JLCPCB Gold fingers capabilities. Thanks.
andyfierman 1 year ago
@jlcpcbsupport, "About the V-cut lines, it is **only** supported for Panels. Since V-cut lines are produced using the board outline layer then any line drawn inside your board layout will be (90) cut if you don't select Panel option." Are you sure that is correct? About 2 years ago I had a PCB designed in EasyEDA with a V-Cut line made by JLCPCB as individual separate boards (in other words, not panelized) which was delivered with no problem. Before I ordered the boards, I checked with JLCPCB support and was told that the way I was using the V-Cut line was acceptable.
Xenons 1 year ago
If you want a v-cut on the PCB edges add a edge rail. Personally, I had good success using a 3d-printed jig and sand paper.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice