You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
What has happened to the non DHL customs duty prepaid shipping option (the cheaper one)
1045 11
MikeDB 3 years ago
Until recently there used to be two customs duty prepaid options, one at DHL's exhorbitant rates and a slower service at a sensible price.  But now the cheaper option seems to have disappeared.  As all orders going to the UK after January 1st have to have duty prepaid or they will be returned/binned, this has made the boards very expensive. Can you restore the cheaper option please ?    I think it was called Europacket or something like that.
Comments
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
Hello ; At first, let me thank you for the time taken to write for us here. About the shipping methods, it changes depending on countries regulations and customs rules, for some countries only DHL is available but it could be solved as sooner as we get a safe and secured shipping service. For the UK here are the possible delivery options : **To** <span class="highlight" wfd-id="411"></span> **UNITED KINGDOM** **via** * <label class="normal" wfd-id="409"><input value="dhl" class="mt0 ver ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-not-empty" type="radio" name="type-expedited" wfd-id="418">  **DHL Express Priority**  **€13.74**</label>2-4 business days * <label class="normal" wfd-id="406"><input value="hkdhl" class="mt0 ver ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-not-empty" type="radio" name="type-expedited" wfd-id="417">  **DHL Express Standard**  **€12.10**</label>4-6 business days * <label class="normal" wfd-id="403"><input value="FDIP" class="mt0 ver ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-not-empty" type="radio" name="type-expedited" wfd-id="416">  **FedEx International Priority**  **€8.17**</label>6-8 business days * <label class="normal" wfd-id="400"><input value="SZDHLDDP" class="mt0 ver ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-not-empty" type="radio" name="type-expedited" wfd-id="415">  **DHL Express Priority (DDP)**  **€20.17**</label>2-4 business days * <label class="normal" wfd-id="397"><input value="HW" class="mt0 ver ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-not-empty" type="radio" name="type-expedited" wfd-id="414">  **GB Special Air Mail(RoyalMail)**  **€4.39**</label>12-16 business days
andyfierman 3 years ago
@MikeDB, "As all orders going to the UK after January 1st have to have duty prepaid or they will be returned/binned..." Could you post a link to where you found this information please? Thanks
MikeDB 3 years ago
It was on the gov.uk website but has been removed in the past few days, possibly as a result of the EU agreement as it will need rejigging for EU countries but probably not for China.   Most of the details are here : [https://tamebay.com/2020/06/hmrc-propose-scrapping-uk-vat-free-imports-force-marketplaces-collect-vat.html](https://tamebay.com/2020/06/hmrc-propose-scrapping-uk-vat-free-imports-force-marketplaces-collect-vat.html)<br> <br> Note the key change that all goods are not non-VAT exempt. The gov.uk page did say that goods arriving without duties pre-paid would simply be returned to sender as the effort to collect VAT on something costing under £15 wasn't worth it.  Above that it depended on if the receiver was registered for VAT, in which case they would pass it, or not (which I imagine most people here aren't) it would be returned.  Obviously individual Chinese companies not on eBay/AliExpress/etc would find it offputting to register for UK VAT so having the couriers do it for was deemed acceptable.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@MikeDB, Thanks. I wonder how many people are going to get caught out by that and many of the other improvements to UK trade that Brexit is bringing to help Britain prosper mightily? ;)
Markus_ee 3 years ago
Hi! This is the same problem in my country. And I assume that the problem is all around in Europe as Finland belongs to EU. This is the first time this year when I have needed to pay taxes and import duties from JLCPCB and LCSC orders and it was not cheap! So, please try to get the cheaper prepaid DHL working as soon as possible, thanks! Regards, Markus Virtanen HW / Electronics Designer
andyfierman 3 years ago
@markus_jidoka, Maybe the new China - EU trade deal will  help?
MikeDB 3 years ago
@markus_jidoka @andyfierman The cheapest option here in the UK was called Europacket.  This prepaid the customs duty (which suspiciously was less than the DHL option charged) and arrived reliably within 10 days via Royal Mail.   I don't think any trade deal will help matters - VAT is always chargeable and I don't mind that, it's just the inflated service charges that some carriers add for collecting this that annoys me.
andyfierman 3 years ago
I don't know why but it looks like only DHL is now being used for deliveries to the UK by a lot of online retailers.
MikeDB 3 years ago
@andyfierman  I know.  DHL truly are the worst of the worst so no idea why so many use them.  I hate to admit it but I now buy a lot of stuff via Amazon simply because their deliveries are so much more reliable.
andyfierman 3 years ago
Not saying much but from my experience DHL are still better than Hermes... Maybe DHL are just better prepared and have seized the opportunity. Oh. Just looked up Europacket. Owned by DHL.
MikeDB 3 years ago
@andyfierman Ah yes, I'd forgotten Hermes.  They're so bad I don't even consider using them. Didn't know that about Europacket.  Odd that it always arrived by Royal Mail.  Maybe DHL just did the exporting from China and then handed over to local carriers.    But still a good service at low cost which is sadly missed.  Next order is going to cost me a fortune (once JLCPCB get a certain component back in stock - but that's a different thread !)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice