You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Why do hand soldered parts incur an Extended components fee ?
2262 2
MikeDB 3 years ago
I haven't used the JLCPCB hand loaded parts before but this time I had some sockets which they will solder in.   This incurs a "Hand soldering labour fee" of $10.50 and a "Manual assembly" charge of $18.20 which are both fine.  But the five different sockets involved also incure $15 in Extended components fee which it says is a charge for changing the feeders on the Pick & Place machine, but of course these parts go nowhere near the P&P machine.  Is this a mistake in the charging calculations, or is it in fact a fetching from stores charge in which case I'll try to reduce the number of different sockets used ?
Comments
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
Hello Mike ; The answer is already there in your question :) Yes for the extended parts it says that there are some extra fees due to the changing of the parts in the P&P feeders, the changing is not complicated or hard task but bringing the part takes time so this is converted to extra fees, in the case of hand soldering there is no feeders you are right but garbing the parts is still there so this will produce some extra fees, your idea will decrease the fees by reducing the number of different sockets. We are always open for suggestions so anything else, let me know.
MikeDB 3 years ago
That's fine.  I've changed all my sockets to 12 ways (2*6) even if some of them don't need all the pins.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice