You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
esp-12f pinout
3463 4
mchahn 2 years ago
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I'll give it a try.  I added the ESP-12F(ESP8266MOD)  (LCSC #C82891) to my design.  It is a jlpcb smt part I'm using on my jlpcb board.  The pins didn't look right and I looked at the datasheet linked from the LCSC page.  The pin labels on the bottom and one side are totally wrong.  I triple-checked with pinouts from multiple pages on the web. Should I trust what the datasheet says and replace the labels in my schematic?  This makes me nervous.  The pin labels could be wrong or the part number could be wrong which would be a giant problem. I know we are warned to not trust 3rd-party submissions, but this is from lcsc and jlpcb.  What should I do?
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
First step is to select the part in the **Library** tool then right-click on **Report Error**. Include a link to the manufacturer's datasheet to support your description of the issue.
mchahn 2 years ago
I found the problem.  The pins were not numbered correctly.  They were not consecutive around the part.  That made the labels on the symbol not line up with the part.  So using the labels on the symbol as provided would have worked but would confuse the heck out of anyone reading the schematic.  I'll provide a fixed symbol and pinout.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@mchahn, Providing a fixed symbol and pinout only helps if @UserSupport, Support at LCSC and Support at JLCPCB copy it across into the apprpriate libraries. So you still need to post a Report Error. Otherwise it's  just another User Contributed part that may get lost in amongst all the others. Giving it a unique name and a clear Description and a couple of Tags will help people find it but it being formally adopted into the main libraries is obviously better.
UserSupport 2 years ago
@andyfierman footprint link is footprint datasheet, not parts datasheet sometime, because the footprint is reuse, not every part has only one footprint, for example, SOP-8 we will mark its pdf link which we draw by the pdf size, but many parts can use this size footprint, and then they will binding this footprint when convert to PCB, the footprint link will be keep, then you will see it is incorrect with the part some symbol has the link property, when convert to PCB, its footprint's link will update to symbol's link, otherwise will keep the footprint's link footprint's link only for record this footprint size source, if we find out this footprint was incorrect size, we can use this link to fix it
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice