You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
suggestions
1291 11
mchahn 6 years ago
I am amazed at how good the easyeda software is. It is hard to believe how many good features are packed into a web page. I'd like to hire (steal) whoever develops the software. The new changes to the UI are especially good. I've used easyeda for about a year. I've also developed four or five web apps myself over the years. I'd like like to offer some humble suggestions ... Web standards ... 1) All dialog boxes need to support the ESC and Enter keys. Right now you have to move your hand to the mouse just to accept a dialog. 2) Clicking on links should not in general open new tabs in a browser. It makes sense when using the editor but at all other times it is unneeded. I find my tab bar full of unwanted easyeda tabs. 3) Changing the page magnification in the browser should be supported. EasyEda disables it now. I'd like to make everything around the editor smaller. I realize this may be a lot of work to change. 4) It would be nice if you could rearrange the tabs. Editor ... 1) Hitting ESC should cancel all modes. Some modes have to be used to get out of them. Placing a part is an example. 2) Menus like PCB Tools should be able to be hidden. I never use Preview but it is always there taking up space. Annoyances ... 1) The layers dialog becomes taller and shorter when moving the mouse over it. This is not needed and doesn't match any other dialogs. I find myself chasing a button as it moves around. 2) "Ask a question", "Chat live", etc. cover up things in the page and can't be removed. 3) I hit save (ctrl-S) all the time. Many times it says "Nothing changed" and I have to get the mouse to close the dialog. This is not necessary. If it is already saved then great, no need to tell me.
Comments
Tutorials 6 years ago
Web standards ... 1) All dialog boxes need to support the ESC and Enter keys. Right now you have to move your hand to the mouse just to accept a dialog. >We will add to todo list. 2) Clicking on links should not in general open new tabs in a browser. It makes sense when using the editor but at all other times it is unneeded. I find my tab bar full of unwanted easyeda tabs. >We will don't know which link is, please indicate. 3) Changing the page magnification in the browser should be supported. EasyEda disables it now. I'd like to make everything around the editor smaller. I realize this may be a lot of work to change. >Yes you can , you need to put your mouse outside with cavans. ![enter image description here][1] 4) It would be nice if you could rearrange the tabs. >We will add to todo list. Editor ... 1) Hitting ESC should cancel all modes. Some modes have to be used to get out of them. Placing a part is an example. >We will add to todo list. 2) Menus like PCB Tools should be able to be hidden. I never use Preview but it is always there taking up space. >You can hide it as below action. ![enter image description here][2] Annoyances ... 1) The layers dialog becomes taller and shorter when moving the mouse over it. This is not needed and doesn't match any other dialogs. I find myself chasing a button as it moves around. >We will keep this at present, and we are trying to find the best way to display the layers options. 2) "Ask a question", "Chat live", etc. cover up things in the page and can't be removed. >We will cancel this option soon. 3) I hit save (ctrl-S) all the time. Many times it says "Nothing changed" and I have to get the mouse to close the dialog. This is not necessary. If it is already saved then great, no need to tell me. >We found it already, that's in the process of debugging. [1]: /editor/20170718/596dd6a99e859.gif [2]: /editor/20170718/596dd73f3e976.png
mchahn 6 years ago
Thanks for your trouble. I am happy that much was my ignorance. :-) > We will don't know which link is, please indicate. My memory is that all links open new tabs but I could be wrong. It is at least most of them.
mchahn 6 years ago
I was wrong about it being most tabs. But here is an example ... Open projects page click on project click on Open In Editor You now have 3 tabs open.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@mchahn Yeah,We already realized that, we will fix that ASAP.
mchahn 6 years ago
FWIW: I use the CTRL key to open tabs in a new window. So I would personally prefer no tabs to be opened automatically. I want to be in total control.
dillon 6 years ago
@mchahn In editor, all new schematic and PCB will be opened as new TAB. other packages, we think should open in the same tab, with CTRL to new Tab.
mchahn 6 years ago
> all new schematic and PCB will be opened as new TAB That is a good idea.
dillon 6 years ago
@mchahn The Preview bar can't be hidden ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20170724/597584be2dfb0.png
andyfierman 6 years ago
Just to clarify Dillon's last post: The Preview Bar **can** be hidden.
boxxofrobots 6 years ago
Thanks for all these tips. I am glad to not have that (sorry) useless "preview" window any more. Please make the jumping layers box a priority. It is used a LOT and is the number one annoyance of this product. There is no need to make it expandable, just show the window with a scroll bar.
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi @mchahn , 4) It would be nice if you could rearrange the tabs. *We fix this in v4.7.8, please experience that. thanks!*
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice