You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
2 Layers: Top with pads and Bottom with via
2031 9
amsgomes_9956 6 years ago
Hi guys, I need some advice. I need to make a PCB where a wire enters from the bottom layer of the PCB and it is soldered at the top layer. I want to solder the wire only at the top layer. The wire would enter from the bottom of the PCB into a hole and the soldered at the top layer. I saw that Top and Bottom layer are always selected, then a pad with a hole would generate pads for soldering in Top and Bottom. If I change to a via, I the pads for soldering are in green, i.e., they does not allow me to solder the wire after it entered through the hole. Is there a way to have pads with hole for soldering only in one side of the PCB ? Regards.
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
Design the PCB as if it is a 2 layer board but route only on the top layer. Generate the Gerbers (Fabrication Output button in the PCB Editor) but in the `Remark` text box, state that the `PCB must be manufactured as a single sided PCB with copper on the Top layer only` Add this information into the **Document** layer of the PCB too just for clarity.
Andy, I think that I've found a workaround to this. Can you let me know if this work ? I inserted a via with hole, then at the top layer I put, over the via, a PAD with hole. When I check at the photoview, I have what I want. The question now if this can cause some problem with routing, with the pad not connected with a track.
andyfierman 6 years ago
Your project is private so only you can see it. To understand why you cannot just make a single sided PCB as described above and to answer your question, we need to be able to see your project: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/Share.htm#Sharing
Hi Andy, now it is public https://easyeda.com/editor#id=547ed9a86ef24e5f958c84bfd92b24f0
From the Photoviewer, I saw that at the Bottom layer the VIA is in green, i.e. there is not solder region, that is ok. At the top, I put a PAD with hole over the VIA, and this generated a region where I can make a solder in this top layer. As you can see, this circular PADs are connected to rectangular pads. Are the pads circular and rectangular PADs still connected ? or the fact the I put a VIA below the PAD simply disconnect the PADS or even it is not allowed to have a VIA below the circular PAD as there is a mask between them ? Got it ? Regards.
andyfierman 6 years ago
Still not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve but if what you want is to have plated through holes (pads top and bottom joined by a thin layer of copper through the hole) to solder your wires to and then just have tracks and surface mont pads on the top layer then why are you putting pads over the vias on the top layer? If you delete the pads over the vias on the top layer than you get: ![enter image description here][1] which is identical to what you have now without the unnecessary top layer pads. I assume that the big central rectangular NPTH is intended to form a rectangular hole in the middle of the board? If so then what you have done is OK. * You might want to have a look at: https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/Elements_of_a_simple_PCB-e42c7b2a4e17449f821a97d04806aeeb [1]: /editor/20171014/59e13923d9861.png
The rectangular solid region is a hole, and it is OK. I don´t need the holes to be platted, it is not necessary but it is ok in anycase. Let me explain, what my concern is: As I said, wires will enter from the bottom, through the hole, but they will be soldered at the top layer. I cannot have solder pads at the bottom layer, because the whole bottom surface of the PCB will be in contact to a metallic disk. If I delete the pad over the VIA on the top layer, I will have a VIA, but VIA is all masked, bottom and top layer, so on the top layer, which is the layer where the wire is soldered there is no region where the wire can be soldered (excluding the rectangular pads!). In order to have a VIA where I can solder, at the top layer in this case, I wondered if I put a PAD with hole, over the via would work. At the top layer, the retangular PAD would be in contact to the PAD or the VIA? or both ? or none ? Let me put the question in another form: How to make a VIA masked on bottom layer, and unmasked on the top layer ? At design, I just insert a pad at the top layer with same dimensions over the via. This is what I have in photoview Top; ![Top layer][1] ![Bottom layer][2] [1]: /editor/20171014/59e169ef326f0.png [2]: /editor/20171014/59e16a11794ba.png
andyfierman 6 years ago
I have already explained in my first reply to your post how to do this. The only thing I would add is that you delete the vias. Leave the pads in place and but set them to All Layers. Then you'll have a single sided PCB with no copper at all on the bottom layer so no question of shorting the bottom layer to your mounting. Does that not achieve what you want?
Hi, yes it does. I will follow your recommendations. Thank you once again. Angelo
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice