You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
3D Model Manager and 3D Model Import
351 4
cjohnson 1 year ago
Getting started with EasyEDA Pro on a new project and having some difficulties with the 3D model manager and importing 3D models in general. I've designed my own 3D model for a part with the origins shown below. When I import this model in to EasyEDA it doesn't use my origins when trying to determine orientation and midplanes for the part. In the Z direction it creates a midplane of the entire dimensional height of the part (if someone didn't know the length of the leads there's no easy way for them to enter the exact dimension to get it flush with the PCB), X and Y direction are seemingly random, as they are not in the middle of the X or Y direction. Below the 3D model is a screenshot from the 3D model manager issue. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/7JlzQxpsK9hBvRcr5tvj54WJZvBrvm1ehr0u3ynX.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/82kvTa1rVIPiF6WWmuIHd3taz8tKPw9vgBIuerv0.png) Because of this, clicking **Auto** does not result to anything close to what it should be. The first image is the **Auto** calculation. Second image is after entering in my math'ed values to get it flush on the PCB and roughly close to lining up with the pin holes (I can't calculate the exact Y offset because I have no idea where it's calculating the plane offset from). **![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/swMn8pbMFjhvdW9akCIx74koh09kioMbzxn9pg5b.png)** ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/M9QInKzhc7m6q0lXOGBI5yr5g3HEyyxuMKT7fOd3.png) The model was exported from Inventor Pro in mm format, and the model was set to default (mm) when importing the 3D model in to EasyEDA Pro.
Comments
UserSupport 1 year ago
Hi when you draw the 3D model you need to draw it at Top view the Auto button only use the top view outline size to fit the footprint size
cjohnson 1 year ago
I'm fairly certain I did draw it correctly. Are you saying draw the part upside down so the pin side is top? Why can't the origins be left alone so that I can easily constrain it in the 3D model manager? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/6lkOgbsIhDy9BB19yIYXzwQ17ooibc7pcckcgMmJ.png)
UserSupport 1 year ago
@cjohnson please send your step file to [support@easyeda.com](mailto:support@easyeda.com) we will have a look
cjohnson 1 year ago
@usersupport Sent. BTW I am not getting notifications for replies to this post, not sure if its only the Pro side of the forums or not.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice