3D model export
7312 49
PolakPL2002 2 years ago
Hi, it would be great to be able to export a 3D model from "3D View". It would help a lot while preparing an enclosure for the project.
Comments
gerdmuller.de 1 year ago
This would be a great and very useful feature for me, too. I looked for that to import a board into an CAD program.
Albert Filice 1 year ago
I too would like this feature
MikeDB 1 year ago
Definitely a good idea.  Anything that Blender can import would be fine.
UserSupport 1 year ago
It is under developing
speedv15 1 year ago
Cant wait! Would love to drop into Fusion 360
wfpaez 1 year ago
This would be absolutely useful.  I currently export the SVG of my PCBs, bring them in to 123D, re-size them and 3D print them to be able to design cases for the PCBs before they get to me.  But, if I could get a .STL file, or some other compatible 3D file from EasyEDA, that would be a huge help.
mtiutiu 1 year ago
Yep, definitely the most useful feature each **EDA** **software** **should** **have**. Waiting for this one too. Thanks and keep up the good work.
fleckingerre 1 year ago
Well I wouldn't say it's the most useful a EDA tool can do, but I would definitely love to have that too. I guess STEP or IGES are formats all 3D-CAD packages can handle.
gerdmuller.de 1 year ago
@UserSupport: Hi, any progress here? Thank you, regards.
Sylvain Centelles 1 year ago
Same for me, would be very very helpful!
Fernando Zigunov 1 year ago
Please please please implement this!!
Simon Hoeck 1 year ago
also a feature I am waiting for
lappe 1 year ago
Would really love this too...
raubenheimer.jason 1 year ago
This would be so useful!!
stewart amolvin 1 year ago
Still waiting  for the 3D file export !
Yes, waiting for it. @UserSupport any progress?
UserSupport 1 year ago
@stewart.amolvin @developerfromjokela [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Forecast-3D-model-preview-is-coming-soon-1252beab4a034c96afa6538df8e0e8ef](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Forecast-3D-model-preview-is-coming-soon-1252beab4a034c96afa6538df8e0e8ef)
Dracul91 8 months ago
If you are using SolidWorks, one thing you can do is get the PCB files as images, then convert them to sketches in SW using the autotrace sketch picture option, then scale them and center them with the sketch tools and then just extrude them to copper thickness, and some arbitrary soldermask and silkscreen thickness values. Haven't tried this myself but it should be a breeze considering the image files will be just black and white images with sharp clean edges. I'm not sure if other CAD softwares have a similar autorace/autosketch function but my guess is they should
joesbox 7 months ago
Even just the option to allow embedding of the 3D model would be really useful at the moment
fujtech 6 months ago
YES! please add this feature
limajsamuel 6 months ago
Ayush Pahwa 5 months ago
Any updates?
Simon Peham 5 months ago
Daniel Auer 4 months ago
really needed for a useful workflow in product design. PLEEEEEASE ADD THIS FEATURE
wichcha 4 months ago
YES. I need too.
nomad76 4 months ago
PRETTY PLEASE!??
PolakPL2002 4 months ago
@UserSupport How is development going? It's over a year now since creation of this thread.
UserSupport 4 months ago
@PolakPL2002 we stop develpment the 3d export to develop the new PCB engine.
saumil bhandari 4 months ago
@UserSupport which new PCB engine ?
ResistanceRoom 4 months ago
@saumil.bhandari I assume they mean this one: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18YjKaRYPL0](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18YjKaRYPL0)
Ghenna2000 4 months ago
it would be fantastic if he continued to develop 3D Export in spite of everything, because this lack "knocks down" the beauty and completeness of this PCB CAD, since it is simple and intuitive to use, but with this limit it makes it difficult to create enclosures for PCBs. please keep developing it, it is very important
I have a crappy partial solution for this. If you are in chrome: \- with 3D model closed \- open dev tools \(F12\) \- go over Network panel     - clear if any data \- open the 3D View on EeasyEDA PCB design \- a lot of hex coded request gonna show up \(like image bellow\) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/er40lFH9dCoEwV9xzw7ptP7La9xfBjtPSbe2gnrW.png) \- just save each as `.obj` One problem with this, is i still don't know how to retrieve those files without going this process. The other problem is that it's just the 3D models, no data about the number of components and positioning. You can assemble them manually in any cad software. If anyone can come up with improvement, or ideas for making this more useful. I also made this mini shell script to help downloading, just copy and paste the names in the network tab in the `objects.txt`. ``` file="./objects.txt" while IFS= read -r line do   echo -n "Downloading $line.obj..."   wget -q -O "$line.obj" "https://easyeda.com/analyzer/api/3dmodel/$line"   echo "Done" done
UserSupport 3 months ago
@saumil.bhandari demo https://lceda.cn/newpcb
Fergo 3 months ago
@caio.herter I've managed to download the 3D model by using RenderDoc (a powerful 3d graphics debug tool for D3D/OGL which also has the ability to dump whatever is being rendered on your screen into a proper 3d file format)
jbiddy 3 months ago
@Fergo did you capture from the desktop app or the web version? Can you provide any details on the steps. I'm trying to use RenderDoc with the desktop app now, and EasyEDA launches, then hangs - but I have no idea how to use RenderDoc - so I'm sure it's me ;)
afefer 2 months ago
Another major +1 for this feature, would be incredibly useful for those of us building enclosures. @Fergo can you provide some details on how to use RenderDoc to extract the 3D model?
C.vanderHoorn 2 months ago
Crazy that you stopped developing this :(
Maker- 1 month ago
Very sad that you stopped developing this, it would be an excellent tool for every one..!
dillon 1 month ago
@Maker- @C.vanderHoorn  We are sure we will provide this feature . Now the whole team is foucs on the next big Pro version. We can set a schedule . At end of this year, we will provide 3D STL/STP files export. The next big news, we will provide 3D print service too in the next 6 months. Maybe when you order LCSC components or JLC PCB, we will ship the 3D models  with your order.
JLCPCBsupport 1 month ago
@dillon Thank you for sharing the news, the 3D print idea is stunning. Keep up the good work :)
Chris Cullin 1 month ago
+1.  This is so needed that I am starting to move acoss to Eagle.  Means redoing schematic and PCB layout - but it is needed to simplify enclosure design.  no dount I will miss the easyeda and integration with LCSC assembly.
dillon 1 month ago
@chris_0887 We can set a schedule . At end of this year, we will provide 3D STL/STP files export. The next big news, we will provide 3D print service too in the next 6 months. Maybe when you order LCSC components or JLC PCB, we will ship the 3D models  with your order.
Chris Cullin 1 month ago
@Dillon - that is great news.  Looking at all the requests for this feature Im sure everyone would be very interested in anything you can share on the timline.  Im happy to help test if you need beta customers.
Chris Cullin 1 month ago
@Dillion - any update on this feature?
Aivan 2 weeks ago
I wouldn't mind paying for this feature, so I can import my PCB to a CAD software
Kenai 2 weeks ago
Im in also for this feature, its is so needed for enclosure design
Ghenna2000 1 week ago
``` Hi, I wanted to know, like many others here, where is this development for 3D export. It goes without saying that this lack is a serious disadvantage of this CAD, so, as a personal advice, I suggest giving it precedence over other types of intervention. The lack of this possibility of export forces us to have to carry out extremely tedious and cumbersome procedures in order to obtain a completely mediocre model. Thanks for the attention ```
vindar 5 days ago
Hi, I just want to add my voice to the others. This is a must have feature ! Right now, I am moving my current project over to kicad just for that....
warloofer 4 days ago
I also join this request. I'm moving to Fusion360 to have electronic design and mechanical design better implemented. 3D exportation will keep me using EasyEDA for PCB and then exporting it to a 3D software to check the assembly.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow
We use cookies to offer you a better experience. Detailed information on the use of cookies on this website is provided in our Privacy Policy. By using this site, you consent to the use of our cookies.