You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
4 ideas for functions in PCB design
688 2
Hypno 4 years ago
**Idea #1** When designing PCB in the first phase, we get something that looks more like a spaghetti plate than a PCB. OK, the computer doesn't know where each item should be. Now the work begins, I set the PCB outline and begin to arrange the elements. And here I am getting nervous. To do this, I need to find the element in this tangle (fortunately it is Ctrl + F) and either move it manually to the selected place or enter its location in the appropriate property fields, 99.9%, however, it will be manually moved. At the moment I miss one really simple function. I would like to right-click a given place in the tile and select "Place item here" in the context menu. After selecting this function, I get a window like in the search (Ctrl + F) but instead of finding the item where it is on the project at the moment, the program will move it automatically in the place where I just clicked the mouse. Or similarly. I press Ctrl + F I get a search window and in addition to the "Find" button I also have a "Stick to cursor" button (or some other name ;-)) The point is that after selecting this function the searched item (of course if it is) is "glued" "To the mouse pointer without having to hold down any mouse button and without changing the displayed part of the PCB! Now I just point the place with the mouse to place the element, click the left button and it's ready! This function will definitely be appreciated by anyone who designs slightly more complicated systems.The function can also have the extension: 1. After placing an element on the board, right-click on one of the pads of this element and in the popup menu I get a list of elements connected to it through this pad. I choose the element that sticks to my mouse cursor and as above I place it where necessary. The list of such elements should show information about which of them is already placed on the board (e.g. completely "free" elements, i.e. without any copper path from them will be green, and those with the beginning of the path or blocked by the Lock function will be red and after they are selected) do not stick to the cursor, but the program focuses the screen on them as if they were selected by traditional Ctrl + F) 2. Exactly as above but click on the line symbolizing the connection without a path yet, 3. Exactly as above but already click on some placed copper path. **Idea #2** When rotating the elements on the PCB, I would like the rotation not to concern the element prefix, which I have previously put into work where it is needed and now it turns out that I need to rotate the capacitor 180 degrees. I suggest that during the function Shift + R be available, rotating the element but without its prefix. In this case, the prefix will be "glued" to the PCB. **Idea #3** The "Falcon Eye" function is welcome. The point is that after selecting a specific element on the PCB and selecting the function (it should be max 2 mouse clicks or preferably a hot key on the keyboard) a window with a diagram focused on this element will appear. Very helpful when placing elements at the beginning of the design. It would be good if such a window could be pinned to the screen when designing the PCB. In this window, the selected element is always in its center, but you can change the zoom of the content of this window. **Idea #4** And finally the last suggestion. Here I realize that the most difficult. It's about swapping pins. Especially needed when designing digital circuits when components have multiple pins with the same functionality (e.g. ports in microcontrollers). Choosing a specific processor foot is very often at the last minute when designing a PCB so as to simplify the path route. I would like to be able to indicate that (after choosing, for example, IC U8) swap with the port .... and here I indicate with which. And this change also has an effect, of course, in the diagram. Of course, I accept the possible need to improve the layout of the pattern with dignity .... Hypno
Comments
UserSupport 4 years ago
Hi Thanks for your suggestion. 1、for the footprint placing, you can try :[https://docs.easyeda.com/en/Schematic/Cross-Probe-And-Place/index.html](https://docs.easyeda.com/en/Schematic/Cross-Probe-And-Place/index.html) we will improve this feature. it is not good enough and you can select a part at schematic and change tab to PCB ,it will highlight the footprint at PCB, just like [https://docs.easyeda.com/en/Schematic/Cross-Probe/index.html](https://docs.easyeda.com/en/Schematic/Cross-Probe/index.html) 2、we had this feature before. but it doesn't work as we want, and caused other issues, we remove it. we will support it agian, when we finish new editor next year. 3、don't under stand , any example image or GIF? 4、It just change Pin name and Pin number , you can change it manually at present. we will support it in the future. [https://docs.easyeda.com/en/Schematic/Component-Attributes/index.html#Pinmap-Modify-Symbol-Information](https://docs.easyeda.com/en/Schematic/Component-Attributes/index.html#Pinmap-Modify-Symbol-Information)
Hypno 4 years ago
Thank you for your answer, 1\. It actually helps\, but it requires additional clicks and with more complex schematics and PCBs it is not too fast\. But it helps\! 2\. OK\, I am waiting patiently for this function\. 3.It's about something like the picture below. When designing a PCB, after selecting an element and pressing a hot key, I am shown a small window with a fragment of the diagram on which this element is selected and in the middle of this window without having to switch between the diagram and the PCB. In my opinion, there should always and everywhere be rules: a) maximum 3 mouse clicks to activate any function, b) each function has its hot key, c) every little thing, repeated hundreds of times, gets mean, so the difference between 2 or 3 clicks is VERY IMPORTANT. ![EasyEDA Howk Eye.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/dsZsHVTdWzkmgAyAYabC3MAsncbyccLK6Esyh5z9.png) 4\. This is not exactly the point\. Maybe I will present my way of designing in such a case\, maybe it will help others in designing and maybe similar function will appear in EasyEDA\. I have made a spreadsheet like the one in the picture. It is more complicated than it looks at first glance and contains some hidden columns and quite complicated worksheet functions. In N-Q columns I have a functional list of signals needed in my project. However, in the columns A-J I have the pins, functions and processor ports which I will use in the project. The image of the processor next to it is only helpful here. Now I start assigning ports to the necessary signals. After clicking a cell in column D or J, I select a signal from the list (defined in columns N-Q). The machine after assigning in the T column shows me the pin number of the processor to which I assigned the signal. In this way I can see what is where and what still needs to be allocated. The change resulting from the necessities that arose when designing the PCB is easy to implement. And I see on the sheet e.g. signals I can't transfer to another processor pin because there is no ADC there, or I can because it's normal I / O. However, changing the pins with the current functionality of the program is of course possible but more troublesome and does not give such an opportunity to view and control the whole. ![Port project.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/pgai35T00dOqAuM33R5rH5YgwqxmwG3fL97vChHw.png)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice