You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
5.5.11 breaks subpart functionality
780 8
fripholm 5 years ago
I have a schematic and a corresponding PCB which was originally designed in an earlier version of Easyeda. It contains several opamps like NE5532 where the two halves of the dual package are dropped into the schematic as separate subparts, like U1.1 and U1.2. Until now everything worked fine when updating the PCB, but now I'm getting an error "The pin number(s) can't find the pad number(s)" for each and every opamp and comparator in this project. Did you change how this works in the new version or is it just a plain bug?
Comments
fripholm 5 years ago
Anyone?? I have also tried this with a new project/schematic and different versions of schematic libs. It does not work. This is a serious problem and needs to be fixed asap!
dillon 5 years ago
I am sorry for this,  This will be fixed soon.  And please send an email to [support@easyeda.com](mailto:support@easyeda.com) , we can allow you to switch to old version. And here is Weekend, we will be online after some hours.
fripholm 5 years ago
Thanks for the reply, Dillon. In the meantime I have found a workaround: let's say you have an NE5532 with an 8-pad footprint. The schematic lib has 5 pins for the subpart's symbol. The first subpart Un.1 has pins 1, 2, 3 and 4+8 for the power supply. The old (erroneous) symbol in my schematic for Un.2 had pins 5, 6, 7 and NONE for the two remaining pins - this would give the aforementioned error message when trying to update the PCB. This worked fine before the latest update. Changing the NONE pins at Un.2 to 4 and 8 fixes this. So, I'm good for the moment. No need for an old version or to interrupt your well-deserved weekend :)
andyfierman 5 years ago
@fripholm, "The old (erroneous) symbol in my schematic for Un.2 had pins 5, 6, 7 and NONE for the two remaining pins..." Are you saying that there are mistakes in the symbol you were using? If so, can you point out which one so that we can correct it? Thanks.
fripholm 5 years ago
@Andy, I don't think it's the symbol's fault. I'm used to copying and pasting opamp symbols from other schematics and I'm always using the exact same ones for NE5532 as well as TL072 or LM4562 etc. (all dual opamp packages with the same pinout). As I'm not using easyeda for simulation, it's not a problem for me. At some point the unconnected pins of the second subpart have been renamed to NONE and version 5.5.11 doesn't seem to allow that anymore. Earlier versions did. BTW when right-clicking a component and hitting "Update from Libraries" I always get "Update failed!" regardless of the type of component, even for SYSTEM components. What does that mean?
dillon 5 years ago
Some old schematics don't support the update feature, news schematic should support that
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi If your schematiclib didn't assign the package, or the pin numbers more than the pakcage's pad numbers, or the pin number can't be all associated the pad numbers, that will show this error message:"The pin number(s) can't find the pad number(s)", please check the package at the footprint manager. For example: R1 have pin1 and pin2, but the pakcage you assigned have pad number A and K, then it can't convert or update to PCB; if the schematiclib have pin1 to pin8, but the package only have pad1, then it can't convert or update to PCB.
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi I can't repeat this issue, can you download your project to me ?  [support@easyeda.com](mailto:support@easyeda.com) how to download your project: via usercenter - project - manage - advanced - download project thanks
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice