You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
"Add Solder Mask" is confusing. Please rename.
900 12
andyfierman 5 years ago
In EasyEDA is is possible to "Add solder mask" but this is a confusion description. In fact what happens is that it adds an aperture in the solder mask to expose the area underneath it. It would be clearer to describe the tool as: "Add Solder Mask aperture" or; "Add Solder Mask window"
Comments
UserSupport 5 years ago
Do you mean this button? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/aakGLMXBEqxxBV9vM4V8FJmuJ88FDaOJVEKXH8SU.png)
andyfierman 5 years ago
Sorry, Yes I mean "Create Solder Mask". So it would be clearer to say: "Create Solder Mask aperture" or maybe: "Remove Solder Mask over track" or; "Unmask Track" ?
UserSupport 5 years ago
Create Solder Mask Area?
andyfierman 5 years ago
"Create Solder Mask **aperture**" Solder mask covers the copper so if you want to expose the copper you need to make a hole - or create an aperture - in the solder mask. So you don't add solder mask or create a solder mask area: you remove it. How about getting away from talking about Solder Mask and just say: "Expose copper"
UserSupport 5 years ago
@andyfierman You are right, we change it to "Expose copper" :) I don't want to use "Create Solder Mask **aperture**" , it is too long for a button...
andyfierman 5 years ago
" "Create Solder Mask **aperture**" , it is too long for a button..." Agreed. Thanks! :)
Mark Schuurman 5 years ago
Just today I was wondering what this button does. Now  I know ;) thnx!
... errr ... any chance to undo the 'expose copper' action? I have fanatically exposed several tracks before finding this out ... LOL!
andyfierman 5 years ago
Not sure how to undo it other than the Undo button. You could use the project history to revert to before you started exposing copper: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/lejmoNxLm2dnVaU9XlW43Bp1t9Q08aL1rVIPP4uE.png)
@mark_7380 Got it: show only layer TopSolderMaskLayer (or BottomSolderMaskLayer if relevant) and delete all traces that must not be exposed. Fortunately EasyEDA has put the exposure-cut-out-areas on that layer when they were created.
@andyfierman thanx for your reply, it's a pretty usefull feature too!
andyfierman 5 years ago
@mark_7380, Thanks for posting back. I should have realised that you could delete apertures created to expose the tracks just the same way you can delete any other aperture created in the solder mask layer.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice