You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Add component to already routed PCB
841 5
JimK 6 years ago
Hi I have drawn a schematic and routed the pcb with no problems. Then I decided to add a bit more to the schematic. This was 3 components and a bit of wiring. When I use the "update pcb" function, I expected to find the new components to appear somewhewe outside the pcb layout, ready to be placed and routed. Instead I found a lot of the already placed components and also the new ones outside the border of the pcb. Same thing happens when using "Import Changes" Am I trying to trandfer the component footprints to the PCB incorrectly? Jim
Comments
Tutorials 6 years ago
They are the same function.
andyfierman 6 years ago
This checklist should help: Essential_checks_before_clicking_the_Convert_Project_to_PCB_Update_PCB_or_Import_Changes_buttons_-7d2c6484b0c74aea930b1acf6459cd39
lyseoy 4 years ago
I have the same challenge. Yes, I know you should do things in the right order and get the schematic right first, but in my case, I'm using several identical components in parallel. I don't know how many I will need until I start placing them on the PCB. The number of components I will use is based on how many I can fit on the board. A lower number of components would handle the current I need, but more is better, as I am also trying to keep efficiency up and heat down. I agree with the OP, why can't the new components just be added somewhere, while keeping the old components' placement and traces? Could such a functionality be added to the to-do list? In the meanwhile, is there a method I can use for this kind of process that would save me some time? Having to re-position the components each time is not productive.
andyfierman 4 years ago
"I have the same challenge. Yes, I know you should do things in the right order and get the schematic right first, but in my case, I'm using several identical components in parallel. I don't know how many I will need until I start placing them on the PCB." Why not? "The number of components I will use is based on how many I can fit on the board. A lower number of components would handle the current I need, but more is better, as I am also trying to keep efficiency up and heat down." Sorry but whether for hobbyists, makers, students or professional engineers, that is just poor design practice. You should know all this before you even start your Schematic Capture let alone PCB Design. Electronics engineering follows a **Design Requirements Capture > Design > Schematic Capture > PCB Design** flow where: 1. Design Requirements Capture is where all the requirements of the design are written down and specified, including the mechanical requirements such as what space it has to fit into and what environmental and EMC requirements it has to meet;  2. Design is where all the calculations and component choices - including packaging - and connectivity dictated by those design calculations are made. This is also the stage where the board outline - including, if necessary for the design, some estimation of the heat sinking capacity of the board and therefore any extra heat sinking and space that may be required plus height profile or restrictions should be specified;  3. Schematic Capture is the process of capturing all the relevant design outputs in terms of connectivity, component choices including specified packages and BoM information and any layout guidelines for the PCB layout engineer as notes be placed in the schematic (even if it's the same person doing all the stages) so that everything that is mounted on - or forms an integral part of - the PCB can be pulled in to the PCB layout and is correctly connected and dimensioned through the package choices assigned in the schematic;  4. PCB Design is the process of placing the packages where the physical constraints of the PCB and the enclosure dictate. It is not about making a PCB look nice and orderly, it is about placing components where they need to be so that they can be connected with minimal impact on signal, power and thermal integrity and on EMC. Having a design with select on test components is borderline acceptable in a production environment. The higher the volume and lower the cost, the less acceptable it is. Having a PCB with parts that are fitted to accommodate different versions such as to achieve a range current or power ratings is OK. Having a PCB where you start off without knowing the physical dimensions and electrical rating of your components is just a recipe for chaos. That is treating the PCB as being a fluid things that can be changed as easily as the Schematic but in reality that is not true because there is always a point where the PCB _Design_ has to be turned into a solid physical _board_. If you follow a proper engineering design flow, you do not need to have bodging features of adding parts to a PCB after it has been designed. You also have a much less stressful route to - with a far higher chance of - getting your project right by design. :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice