You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Adding LiPo Charger to Project
398 1
Miguel Angel Ramirez 5 years ago
Hello all, I'm fairly new to all this so please bear with me for a second. I have a new project in mind that requires a power supply to feed a Raspberry Zero W and a few buttons. For which I'm thinking of the Adafruit PowerBoost 1000 than can be found among the components on the editor and will give me the change to charge the LiPo battery and feed power to the rPi. The real questions are: 1\. Once I put the component on the board the whole area of it becomes the newly added component\, meaning the PowerBoost 1000\. 2\. Am I right to asume that the componen will work as the real thing? 3\. is there any implications I should have in mind having this kind of component on my board? Many thanks!
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
@Miguel Angel Ramirez, Welcome to EasyEDA. You might find it helpful to read this: [https://easyeda\.com/andyfierman/Welcome\_to\_EasyEDA\-31e1288f882e49e582699b8eb7fe9b1f](https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/Welcome_to_EasyEDA-31e1288f882e49e582699b8eb7fe9b1f) before you go too much further. " Am I right to asume that the componen will work as the real thing?" No. For a number of reasons. 1) This part has no simulation model associated with it (nor will it because there is no simulation model available for it) so you can not run a simulation of it. 2) You should never assume that just because you have picked a part and plonked it into a schematic and then passed that into a PCB that when you fit the real physical part to the real physical PCB, it will just work. You must always start by reading and understanding the manufacturer's datasheet and the applications notes for the part. There may be other supporting components - such as decoupling capacitors and ferrite beads - that you have to add around it on the PCB. There may be specific things you have to do in terms of PCB routing and placement with respect to other components. 3) You must always check the Schematic Symbol and the PCB Footprint against the manufacturer's datasheet and the applications notes, which must include properly dimensioned drawings to check the pin dimensions and spacings with respect to each other and the part outline. Without that you have no idea if the symbol or the footprint are actually correct (yes, even the System parts sometimes have mistakes). You must check that the pinouts are correct in both the symbol or the footprint. "is there any implications I should have in mind having this kind of component on my board?" 1) Don't forget to check the component height when it is mounted on the PCB i.e. will it fit in the box? 2) It's power supply. Even if it's a highly efficient switch mode supply, will it get hot? Do you need air space around it? Should you consider mounting the PCB vertically instead of flat? 3) How much current is flowing into and out of the supply? Look up online sites that calculate required track widths vs. the copper weight or thickness for a given track temperature rise. 4) put components where they need to be not where they look neat and tidy. 5) take the time to create a properly constructed Schematic with all the Supplier and manufacturer info and the correct, checked PCB Footprint name in the Package attribute, in each instance of each symbol first before you try to convert it to a PCB. 6) Check the Gerber files thoroughly before you submit the PCB order. If you don't get this right to start with you'll waste a lot of yours - and other peoples' - time and your money on ordering dud PCBs.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice