You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Adding a sheet to a project - how?
493 36
pommie 2 years ago
I have a project and I'm trying to add another sheet to the schematic. I right click on the project and select new schematic. I get an empty sheet called sheet 1. I then click on SaveAs to save it to my project. In the dialogue box that comes up my project isn't listed. This is what I see, ![saveAs.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ydbUi1qQfuL0WaDpcDvq97aZgywJi4qqwBsdYIY3.png) The dialogue box did contain all my other projects so I quit easyEda and archived the other projects thinking that maybe it was out of sync with the folder. Is there a limit (of 5) to the number of sheets in a schematic? I'm using the local version. Mike.
Comments
pommie 2 years ago
While I'm here, is there anyway to refresh the project lists in easyEDA? If I download or restore a project (locally) it will only appear in easyEDA if I close it (easyEDA) and reopen it. Also, can Enter = OK in dialogues - it's very tedious to hit enter and it's ignored and you have to use the mouse to click "OK". In the dialogue box shown above, you need to click "Save" rather that just type a name and hit enter. Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/iQLY0LUULjZU2dQx9wnMEgUdMiqmDW2tFykkkNMZ.png)
UserSupport 2 years ago
This is not a bug, please read the tutorials if you want to know all the features [帮助文档](http://docs.easyeda.com/)
andyfierman 2 years ago
@pommie, It will also help you to read (2) in: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a)
pommie 2 years ago
> It will also help you to read (2) in: I have done this many times and the list of bugs is so vast finding a solution to my problem is next to impossible. Why aren't these bugs being fixed? Stop all new feature work and fix the bugs. Mike.
andyfierman 2 years ago
![deepin-screen-recorder_Select area_20210730122449.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/J3rhLCTmer0OyqDKP6vWoFVYdyuFWcEFFn9XP8Ka.gif)
andyfierman 2 years ago
![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/wsAWj7yl7zAqGupeVf1GsGgTdljmmiGFjKKxWSIl.png)
pommie 2 years ago
I do exactly that but when I do saveAs, saving it to my existing project isn't an option. It's just a new sheet without a project. Mike.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@pommie, **Save As...** saves to a new project or an existing project _other than the one you are working on_. Once you have created the new sheet as I showed above, it is automatically placed in your current project so it will be saved there next time to do Save (CTRL+S).
pommie 2 years ago
So, why in the image in the top post doesn't it show sheet 1? How am I supposed to mind read the developers? As that what it appears to take. Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
Seriously, they need to stop adding stuff and fix bugs. This constant beta stage is ridiculous. Mike.
andyfierman 2 years ago
"So, why in the image in the top post doesn't it show sheet 1?" If you are using thr web client then you may need to wait a little while for it to appear in the list or maybe do a **Refresh** as illustrated above.
pommie 2 years ago
Waited a full 24 hours and it still didn't appear.
andyfierman 2 years ago
Given that I cannot reproduce the behaviour you are seeing, can you post an animated gif showing your settings and exactly the steps you are taking to produce the behaviour you are reporting?
pommie 2 years ago
Can't do animated gifs. However, it's super easy to reproduce. I can (right) click on ANY project, select New Schematic and a new sheet 1 appears but NOT in the selected project. It may be in my project but all the other schematics in the project aren't shown - just sheet 1 on it's own as shown in the first post.And, it's not shown in the project. I have now managed to add a new sheet by cloning an existing sheet and deleting it's content. Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
Note, pressing CTRL-S adds the sheet to the project but saveAs doesn't. Very confusing. I suspect that it is in the project and just not shown. Mike.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@pommie, @UserSupport, "However, it's super easy to reproduce. I can (right) click on ANY project, select New Schematic and a new sheet 1 appears but NOT in the selected project" This illustrates why I asked you to show exactly the steps you are taking to produce the behaviour you are reporting. Your description of how to reproduce this bug is clear but incomplete. You have not described the displayed state of the project you are trying to add a schematic to and it turns out that that is important in reproducing this behaviour. I hesitate to describe this behaviour as a bug since it is more an inconsistency of expected behaviour and so, as you say, confusing. Let me explain and illustrate. 1. This behaviour appears only if you do not have a sheet in that project already open\. A Sheet\_1 that already exists in the project is recognised but the new sheet number is not automatically assigned as Sheet\_2\. 2. If however you already have a sheet in the project open then the new sheet number is automatically assigned as Sheet_2 and everything works as expected.  3. I suspect that if the project has one or more schematics in it which have all been renamed to anything except Sheet_1, then the New Schematic process will work as expected. Please study the animated gif below which shows these two situations: ![deepin-screen-recorder_Select area_20210731124922.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/abKQwUQvhPTYGcHbP4kjnsKL9NyGvYk9Zf4PhJqf.gif)
UserSupport 2 years ago
I  can't repeat your issue as your image when I create a new sheet and save, I can choose the existing projects at project offline mode ![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/4RyGCFmfwEnoVYoaNRlD8OXoSuBYhuKU807nC80b.png)
pommie 2 years ago
You appear to have chosen new project from the menu - not add schematic by right clicking the project folder. Try doing what I described. Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
I  create the new sheet via File - New -Schematic
pommie 2 years ago
So, not as I described. Right click the project and add schematic. This is ridiculous. As I said, TRY DOING AS I DESCRIBED. Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
@pommie It is still works. Are you open the online proejct and then change the running mode to project offline mode? and then create the new sheet as you doing? for your image, your local doesn't have local projects but your are at project offline mode. You can colse the project and open again, change running mode will not close previous opening project
pommie 2 years ago
None of that made any sense. Try doing what I described and then tell me it makes perfect sense. So frustrating. Mike.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@pommie, "Try doing what I described..." I did that and then I posted an explanation and an illustration by way of an animated gif video of the results in my post above containing the line: "Let me explain and illustrate."
pommie 2 years ago
I was talking to UserSupport. Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
I was try your step, can not repeat, PLEASE CLOSE THE PORJECT, CLOSE THE CLIENT, AND THEN CREATE A NEW PROEJCT AND TRY AGAIN
pommie 2 years ago
> PLEASE CLOSE THE PORJECT, CLOSE THE CLIENT, AND THEN CREATE A NEW PROEJCT AND TRY AGAIN Done that and moved all my projects elsewhere. Then, 1.Open EasyEDA. 2.Go to file->->new->project. I get a new project. 3\. Right click on New Project and select New Schematic\. I now have two new pages neither of which are listed under New Project. See, ![New.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/q6Pel8iQn0V59WeNY9FdomCa9z5XHExIm54TfOKu.png) And if I do SaveAs to an existing project I see, ![New.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/35hnCvBK9KKYgn4MXox2fTGVuuvZKMKPGAohruoE.png) My project isn't listed. Mike. <br> <br>
UserSupport 2 years ago
Click Open Project let me see what project you have ![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/zG6iWw8cnah35KoFAtRzqUa9RLijVdzgDjxii1Vt.png)
deskpro256 2 years ago
Hi. You NEED to show what you are doing in a gif, because written instructions are not to be trusted, many times people here have said they do one thing while doing something else. You can record your screen with a free program called ScreenToGif. To answer your first question, this is how I do it and never had any problems. Save as is different from save. I'm not even going to try your save as method unless you show what you are doing. You can see the two sheets are created, when you save, they all get saved. ![wtf-are-you-on.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/xkZgNUzpztiKSa5z1ry4WEqaynknH7hlOBADnEXg.gif) Hope this gives you something to try out and get back to working on your project. :)
andyfierman 2 years ago
@pommie, "...moved all my projects elsewhere. Then, 1.Open EasyEDA. 2.Go to file->->new->project. I get a new project. 3\. Right click on New Project and select New Schematic\.I now have two new pages neither of which are listed under New Project\." Then you show what happens if you do Save As. * If instead of doing Save As, you do Save (CTRL+S) then both sheets will appear listed under New Project in the left hand panel as shown in this video: ![new_schematic_210803.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/rSYSnjsNWlNUX8kc6uYIqOHel4FCcz9le0QQbecx.gif) @UserSupport, comparing the behaviour in my earlier video made when using the web client and this video, made when using the Desktop Client in Projects Offline Mode, it can be seen that there is a difference in how the New Schematic creation works and is displayed but the overall operation is effectively the same between the web based and desktop clients.
pommie 2 years ago
You said, > If instead of doing Save As, you do Save (CTRL+S) then both sheets will appear listed under New Project in the left hand panel as shown in this video: I said above. > Note, pressing CTRL-S adds the sheet to the project but saveAs doesn't. Very confusing. I suspect that it is in the project and just not shown. Work arounds for bugs are fine but denying a bug (or inconsistency) exist is silly. Either, the sheets should appear under the project folder to show they are part of that project. Or, I should have to do SaveAs to add the sheets to the project. Note, I even tried doing Refresh in the hope the sheets would show up - they don't. Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
 @pommie copy to @andyfierman when you add a new schematic sheet or PCB via right-click the project folder, the editor knows save this new file to which project when you SAVE, if you SAVE AS, it is mean you need to save this file to a new project or existing project, it is different!!!! DONT MIX THEM IT ISN'T A BUG!!!!
pommie 2 years ago
> when you add a new schematic sheet or PCB via right-click the project folder, the editor knows save this new file to which project when you SAVE, if you SAVE AS, it is mean you need to save this file to a new project or existing project, it is different!!!! DONT MIX THEM > IT ISN'T A BUG!!!! SO WHY DOESN'T IT SHOW UP UNDER THE PROJECT FOLDER? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS? THIS IS POINTLESS. TOTAL DENIAL BY YOU THAT AN INCONSISTENCY (OR BUG TO ME) EXISTS. MIKE. OVER AND OUT.
UserSupport 2 years ago
@pommie \>SO WHY DOESN'T IT SHOW UP UNDER THE PROJECT FOLDER? I HAVE TOLD YOU TO TAKE THE SCREENSHOT VIA OPEN PROJECT FUNCTION, IF YOUR LOCAL DOESN'T HAVE ANY PROJECTS, THE DIALOG WILL NOT LIST YOUR PROJECT YOUR THIS ISSUE I TEST IS WORKS GOOD \>HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS? THIS IS POINTLESS\. TOTAL DENIAL BY YOU THAT AN INCONSISTENCY \(OR BUG TO ME\) EXISTS\. JUST SAVE(CTRL+S), SAVE AND SAVE AS ARE DIFFERENT, OTHERWISE WHY WE ADD TWO SAVE MENU, YOU CAN CHECK OTHER TEXT EDITOR, SUCH NOTEPAD, SAVE AND SAVE AS IS DIFFERENT FEATURE.
pommie 2 years ago
AS I SAID, POINTLESS. THIS DOES NOT "WORK GOOD".
pommie 2 years ago
You have not explained why it doesn't show up under the project folder. Why is that? Mike.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice